MERGED-->Coldplay X&Y tour Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully I actually win the presale lottery thing this time :angry:

I didn't last time and I'm sure some people who registered at the site the day before did. I've been a member there for so long, I just don't think that's right.

inmyplace13 said:

4/3/06 - VERIZON WIRELESS ARENA Manchester, NH - On Sale: 11/19

Now this is very cool. I wish U2 had played in Manchester as well. One less Boston show for Manchester wouldn't have been a big deal.

I just might have to check this out.

mkdominatr said:
Coming to Philly in April again!!!! Psyched already!!

Yeah! :rockon: I saw them at the Tweeder Center this past August out on the lawn. It was surprisingly awesome!

Opening acts have been confirmed.

In news that bonogal or whatever her name is will love, Fiona Apple will be opening until March 5. Richard Ashcroft takes over from March 20 to April 6.

inmyplace13 said:
Opening acts have been confirmed.

In news that bonogal or whatever her name is will love, Fiona Apple will be opening until March 5. Richard Ashcroft takes over from March 20 to April 6.

I assume you mean bg...?

I am waiting to hear if I won the lottery for Chicago....

soon, I hope!

To get everyone excited, here's a video I took of White Shadows from the front row in Dallas last September

http://s57.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0OMT3HWJET5WG3J3Y4VKNMU1PM

Shit, here's some Scientist and Til Kingdom Come, for good measure.

Scientist - http://s64.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3M960YQO8K0NJ0D5L2FU1BDM2R

Til Kingdom Come - http://s64.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0IB08RG62FGVG07MORMP4ZAW41

inmyplace13 said:
In news that bonogal or whatever her name is will love, Fiona Apple will be opening until March 5.

i'm pretty much completely indifferent to coldplay and have no plans to ever see them live, even with fiona opening. the thought of seeing her sing to a crowd of fifteen thousand seats, half of which will probably be empty because so many people skip opening acts, is just plain depressing.

news that i loved was my sister-in-law sending me four front row seats to fiona's show next week compliments of sony music. at a venue that seats less than two thousand, no less.

in fact, the less exposure and popularity fiona gets, the happier i am.

:heart: small venues :heart:

but thanks for thinking of me, even though you butchered my username. :happy:

bonosgirl84 said:

i'm pretty much completely indifferent to coldplay and have no plans to ever see them live, even with fiona opening. the thought of seeing her sing to a crowd of fifteen thousand seats, half of which will probably be empty because so many people skip opening acts, is just plain depressing.

news that i loved was my sister-in-law sending me four front row seats to fiona's show next week compliments of sony music. at a venue that seats less than two thousand, no less.

in fact, the less exposure and popularity fiona gets, the happier i am.

:heart: small venues :heart:

but thanks for thinking of me, even though you butchered my username. :happy:

It's funny because I used to be the same way with Coldplay before they got super-popular.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing Fiona. I can't say I've ever heard an entire record of hers, but what I hear I like and I always loved her "Across The Universe" cover from the Pleasantville soundtrack. She has a really good voice.

Anyone have any luck with their presale emails yet?

Fingers still crossed here

Still no email...

Come on guys. Don't you think I of all people deserve one :sad:

inmyplace13 said:
Still no email...

Come on guys. Don't you think I of all people deserve one :sad:

I got an email from them, but when I went to my presale webpage it said the presale was already over. :|

I didn't get the email.

:angry:

EDIT: SON OF A BITCH

I picked Chicago March 31st. It was wrong. Now I'm shit out of luck. There is no March 31st Chicago show.

Last edited:
I was not chosen for the pre-sale but....

I just checked and American Express/Ticketmaster are offering their 'Front of the Line' thing for AMEX cardholders. Well I just checked to see what seats I could get and holy crap I was not impressed for $69.50 + $2 + $12.50 I could get seats in the 5th row on the upper deck one section away from the stage. I think I am going to take my chances on Monday

~crosses fingers~

I don't like this one bit.

Another reason for me to be bitter about their popularity :angry:

Well it looks like Coldplay stole ANOTHER thing from U2...

having a horrendously fucked up presale

:| :| :| :|

OK, so I spazzed and bought the American Express tickets for the Thursday night show. Then I wake up this morning to an announcement that there really IS a Friday Chicago show now. :|

So, I either get tickets to both shows or sell the craptastic seats I got for the Thursday show.

Thoughts?

inmyplace13 said:
Well it looks like Coldplay stole ANOTHER thing from U2...

having a horrendously fucked up presale

Honest question; do you really think its that bad? Or is it just fucked up in general. I thought the U2 pre-sale was one of the most fucked up things ever....do you think the Coldplay pre-sale is as bad?

Back
Top Bottom