Interference Random Music Talk Part XIX: The One without a Clever Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha, Sadie With The Grinning Ted.

I guess they finally are admitting to themselves that The Fry, No Brine on The Horizon, and Sadie with the Grinning Ted are basically all the same song.

Ha! My wife's little sister just IM's to tell me that I "must check out this singer/songwriter called Schuyler Fisk because she's like the best." Now she has terrible taste in music, so my expectations weren't high, but I'm a good inlaw so I give it a listen. I'm not shocked at by boredom as iTunes is spinning the 30 second previews until a song called "You're Happening to Me" comes up. It's amazing! It's sound and structure is of a girl pop song, but every once in awhile it's accented with crazy sounds of gnashing teeth and what sounds like zombies. It's one of the coolest things I've ever heard until I realize that the trailer for the new resident evil is playing on one of my browsers in the background.

Sad. It had potential.

I'm kind of wishing I had some smart-ass comment to make about Taylor Lautner to see if I could go for the Taylor Trifecta of getting on GAF's bad side today.

I hate Taylor Lautner, so go for it.

And I don't even really care about Momsen. But what is Tim Gunn doin picking on a 16 year old girl? Big man he is.

The more I thought about it, the more it did kind of bother me a tad that he would go around saying it. Not as fun as his spat with Anna Wintour.

But on the other hand, if it's true, she should knock it off, because that would have pissed me off, too. Seventeen-year-olds can be professional, too.

Be careful, Tim Gunn! Don't get cocky with your awesomeness. Your "I will not stand for this fuckwittery" attitude will start to backfire on you if you aim it at the wrong people!

And I don't even really care about Momsen.

This was a bit of a lie, by the way. She's Little J, Queen B's ultimate rival. That stands for something.

In music news, yours truly is purchasing Bob Dylan tickets tomorrow.

It will be my first time seeing THE ZIM!

I'm fucking stoked. Jazzed. Pumped. Elated. Thrilled. Aroused.

I won't miss Little J on Gossip Girl, although she did have some awesome clothes, which is honestly part of the reason I keep watching the show.

Nice score on the Dylan tickets. I'm glad to say I saw him over the Labor Day weekend, even though I didn't stay for the whole thing.

I'm sorry ... remind me again. Did Kanye act rude and interrupt her, or did he beat her up, kick her grandmother and kill her dog? Because from that song, it sounds like he did something awfully serious.

My god, I hope this shit is done.

I didn't get the impression that she was being like that so much as she was trying to get Kanye to get the fuck over it.

But yes, either get over it or have the most hilariously awesome relationship ever, because I'm starting to ship T-Kan.

If that's the case, then they must be crying themselves to sleep at night out of frustration after they all read the responses.

"We played Mercy and they still aren't happy..... woe."

I'm intrigued by the U2-Gigs twitter post in which Bono was surprised that the crowd knew "North Star" and then suggested that there was no way they'd know "Mercy". I hope the reaction for it blew him away in that case. Maybe it'll give them a bit of a heads up that, though the crowd is mostly casual fans, there are a good number of hard core's out there that know every song.
If they were a band like Pearl Jam who often played b-sides along with a lot of lesser-known album tracks this wouldn't be such a big deal. But it's strange that the band is ignoring Poppycock and Cockropa and then potentially digging out something like this.

It's cool, but you know, it's not going to replace any of the songs that SHOULD be getting rotated out.

Now THIS is the song that will finally find me over the moon. That is pretty awesome. And fits the bill way more than stuff like Miss Sarajevo. But you're right, it'll probably be a good one that gets the bump.

I didn't get the impression that she was being like that so much as she was trying to get Kanye to get the fuck over it.

I don't blame Taylor or Kanye for dragging this thing out for a year, I know it's mostly been the media and the perception of it just being so overblown. I'm sure she got the hell over it pretty quickly (or dried her tears with her piles of money and awards), and I thought I'd read that Kanye had apologized publicly shortly afterwards, anyway.

I just thought the song itself was very overly serious and finger-wagging, for what had happened.

"Melodramatic" was probably the wrong word to use.

He looks very old.

Sounds very froggy.

But it's Bob Dylan, so you're going to see, you know, BOB DYLAN.

"Lady with the Spinning Head" would be great, but the b-side that would really get me excited is "Love Comes Tumbling." Or they could do a take on the "Salome" remix.

Sometimes I like to call him Bob Dynamite.

Or "The Original Dylan."

Or La Grenouille.

Or the King of Jeans.

Or just plain old Bobby Z. Bob Zimms.

I've been a fan of his since a very young age, when I checked out Blonde on Blonde from the library. It's still one of my two favorite records of is, the other being Blood on the Tracks.

Lazarus likes him a lot, and knows a lot about him. And back in the day, his avatar was a picture of Heath Ledger as Dylan, and I preferred that avatar greatly to the one he has now.

I've only recently become more of a Dylan fan, and have been picking up some his albums over the past two or three years. 'Til then I only had that 2-disc Essential Bob Dylan set.

I really like Modern Times, and for some reason had never heard Oh Mercy, the one he did with Lanois. Oh man, that one's good.

And of course, I have a handful of the "must have" albums from the 60s and 70s. It's good stuff.

GAF: Lincoln Hall for Thee Oh Sees, you bitch.

And Laz, do you like garage rock? If you don't, then don't bother. But if you do, then try 'em out. I think you would like them, but maybe I'm wrong.

Ha! My wife's little sister just IM's to tell me that I "must check out this singer/songwriter called Schuyler Fisk because she's like the best." Now she has terrible taste in music, so my expectations weren't high, but I'm a good inlaw so I give it a listen. I'm not shocked at by boredom as iTunes is spinning the 30 second previews until a song called "You're Happening to Me" comes up. It's amazing! It's sound and structure is of a girl pop song, but every once in awhile it's accented with crazy sounds of gnashing teeth and what sounds like zombies. It's one of the coolest things I've ever heard until I realize that the trailer for the new resident evil is playing on one of my browsers in the background.

Sad. It had potential.

FYI, Schuyler Fisk is the daughter of Sissy Spacek and production designer Jack Fisk (There Will Be Blood and all of Terrence Malick's films).

She's acted as well if I'm not mistaken.

FYI, Schuyler Fisk is the daughter of Sissy Spacek and production designer Jack Fisk (There Will Be Blood and all of Terrence Malick's films).

She's acted as well if I'm not mistaken.

She was in Orange County with Colin Hanks(Tom's son).

GAF: Lincoln Hall for Thee Oh Sees, you bitch.

I've got plans for a relaxing night of heavy drinking with a couple of buddies. No rock show for me this eve.

Bono today, after the crowd started singing along to North Star: "Wow. What an unexpected surprise. Thank you."

What other kind of surprise is there, Boner? You dufus.

I've got plans for a relaxing night of heavy drinking with a couple of buddies. No rock show for me this eve.

Bono today, after the crowd started singing along to North Star: "Wow. What an unexpected surprise. Thank you."

What other kind of surprise is there, Boner? You dufus.
"That would be the Internet!"

He only has a cursory knowledge of technology. He still thinks God texts people telling them to force quit and move to trash.

I will use caps for emphasis, not because I'm yelling, although I do find your line of reasoning incredibly annoying.

FRIGGIN' COBBLER

and that's fair enough (and the more i thought about them being "ideal" the more it appealed to me)... but i can't justify paying $150 for a ticket & driving the hour by myself. if it was nearer to me and a bit cheaper i'd probably consider it. every time i've been to a festival so far, it's been just as much about having fun drinking and chilling with friends as it has been checking out the music.

i do have a friend however who is interested, so i may not miss out after all. but i better stop talking now because i don't want everyone going :doh:

and that's fair enough (and the more i thought about them being "ideal" the more it appealed to me)... but i can't justify paying $150 for a ticket & driving the hour by myself. if it was nearer to me and a bit cheaper i'd probably consider it. every time i've been to a festival so far, it's been just as much about having fun drinking and chilling with friends as it has been checking out the music.

i do have a friend however who is interested, so i may not miss out after all. but i better stop talking now because i don't want everyone going :doh:

Fair enough. But I still don't understand why you'd pay $150 for a ticket and drive for an hour if there was at least one other person with you.

I'm not picking on you, it's just I have never been one to deprive myself of seeing an event, whether it's sports or a concert, because no one was interested in coming with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom