Hail to the Thief Top 5...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HeartlandGirl said:
My top 5 is still changing, so I've resurrected this thread...

1. Where I End and You Begin
2. There there
3. Sail to the Moon
4. Stand Up Sit Down
5. The Gloaming

Good. good.

Mine's still changing, too. Daily, it seems.

Today it's:

1. Where I End and You Begin
2. Sit Down. Stand Up.
3. The Gloaming
4. There There
5. Punchup at a Wedding

Sadly, today was the first time I skipped something. As I anticipated, the skipping of We Suck has begun.

where i end and you begin is getting a lot of praise here. maybe it does sound a bit like a u2 song? i dont really see it, but i suppose some people might be onto something...

anyway, my top 5 for today are as follows...:wink:

1. wolf at the door
2. backdrifts
3. go to sleep
4. there there
5. a punch up at a wedding

and yes, that is only for today. itll change tommorow. :sexywink:

I don't think "WIEAYB" sounds anything like U2. But oh well, each to his/her own. My top 5 as of 2:29pm today:

The Gloaming
Go To Sleep
WIEAYB
There There
and....

WE SUCK YOUNG BLOOD

finally I could buy it :rolleyes:

1. Sail To The Moon
2. We Suck Young Blood
3. Sit Down, Stand Up
4. There There
5. The Gloaming

hmm alright today i have to say:

1 where i end and you begin
2 scatterbrain
3 punch up at a wedding
4 gloamin
5 we suck young blood

Sail To The Moon is the best song in the album... because is the saddest song

today.....

1. We Suck Young Blood
2. Sail to the Moon
3. Scatterbrain
4. Wolf at the door
5. 2+2=5

it promises to change tomorrow, what a brilliant album

For Saturday...

1. There There
2. Where I End and You Begin
3. Sail to the Moon
4. Punchup at a Wedding
5. Sit Down Stand Up

1. Punch Up at a Wedding
2. Where I End and You Begin
3. Wolf at the Door
4. Backdrifts
5. 2+2=5

'Punch Up...' is the the catchiest thing I've heard in a long time. This album is really more pop than ATYCLB (in terms of pop structures), but it's funny no one sees that. This is by far the most commercial album Radiohead have ever released (with the possible exception of Pablo Honey). I'd rank this album behind OK Computer and the Bends but possibly ahead of Kid A and Amnesiac.

IMO, the worst song is 'The Gloaming' (we've heard this done before and better at that).

'We Suck Young Blood' is another song that's been done before -- not just by Radiohead, but by U2, lol...it's a complete rip off of 'Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long)' from the Passengers album -- if you don't believe me, just go listen to it...a carbon copy, practically, with a little bit of alteration.

'There There' is a great song, but it annoys me now for some reason. Whenever I hear those drums kick in, it kind of puts me off...but it's a great pop/rock song with an infectous melody and nice guitar work.

'Sail to the Moon' is typical of Radionead, a nice apolyptic song that has been done before...but Thom's voice is lovely in it.

Overall, a very good album...and a GREAT reflection of the times.

Last edited:
1. There There
2. Sit down. Stand up
3. 2+2=5
4. A Wolf At The Door
5. Go To Sleep

It's changes all the time, I can't stop listening to it. I'm understanding Thom Yorke, have I gone mad? OH MY GOD, I have Myxomatosis!!!!!!

i don't know why i feel so tongue tied....

yes today i have to say:

1 scatterbrain
2 the gloaming
3 where i end and you begin
4 2 + 2 = 5
5 sail to the moon

so i bought the HTTT CD on 13th july.. i also bought DM's exciter the same day..havent got time to listen to the latter because its always HTTT on my CD player since then

my top 5 from the HTTT are

5) punch up at a wedding
4) 2+2=5
3) sail to the moon
2) sit down
1) there there

today id have to say:

5. backdrifts
4. the gloaming
3. punch up
2. where i end and you begin
1. scatterbrain

Michael Griffiths said:

'There There' is a great song, but it annoys me now for some reason. Whenever I hear those drums kick in, it kind of puts me off...but it's a great pop/rock song with an infectous melody and nice guitar work.

in "there there", i like the way, guitar creeps into the song just before "why so green & lonely" and how the drums enter the song just after "heaven sent u to me".. listen it again michael..

1. There There (number one by a long shot)
2. Sail to the Moon
3. Sit Down Stand Up
4. 2 + 2 = 5
5. A Wolf at the Door

AcrobatMan said:

in "there there", i like the way, guitar creeps into the song just before "why so green & lonely" and how the drums enter the song just after "heaven sent u to me".. listen it again michael..
Yes, I like that, too. I also like the guitar part after Yorke sings, "We are accidents waiting to happen."

Like I said, the song is very well done...it's just that I find the opening drumming a bit of a turn off for some reason. It's like it's trying too hard to be tribal or something. I don't know if that's a fair criticism, but that aspect sort of grates on me whenever I hear it now. Still great work, don't get me wrong.

1. 2+2=5
2. Where I End & You Begin
3. Sit Down. Stand Up
4. There There
5. A Wolf at the Door

I realized recently I'm not crazy about Radiohead ballads.

Back
Top Bottom