Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking this so far, but the dour mood is killing me. So far as cliffhangers we've gotten children being pushed off walls and adorable pets being murdered. Eeesh.

Also, I thought Ned and Robert were off to Not-London, but they were back for the impromptu tribunal?

hmmm well as long as I'm aware that it'll be constant I can try not to get too down.

It was fun seeing Harry Lloyd (slimy blond) and Iain Glen (his....chief dude) in the same scene this week- they've both got distinctive roles in Doctor Who episodes. It's been said elsewhere, but the acting bench on this show is crazy deep.

Yeah, it's not a show to turn to if you're looking to alleviate a maudlin mood and such. Definitely an air of gloom hanging over each of the books.

The bench is definitely deep, yes.

As a big fan of the books I'm pretty thrilled, thus far, with the adaptation.

This is a good interview with said Harry Lloyd, and touches on Game of Thrones a bit:

"I wasn't a fan before, but when you get into the books, it just releases your inner geek," says Lloyd. "It can be very staid and dry when people are talking about kingdoms. You have to engage with it; have some fun." He spent half of last year filming between Belfast and Malta. It was his first brush with big-budget American production values and he loved it. "I liked working for people with lots of money. You can't do it with 20 extras. If you're not going to make it complicated, wiggly and morally ambiguous, with a cast of 160 or so, what's the point?

Arya Stark ? Yes, she is.

I'm liking Jon Snow and Cersei more in this episode. And :up: to Tyrion slapping Joffrey.

yeah, that's her - real name is Maisie Williams

( I got a nasty PM from GAF telling me to stay the hell away from her)

I couldn't remember how/why Lady was killed. Now I'm sad all over again.

And, like Mike, so far, I'm thrilled with the adaptation. It's so amazing watching this all come to life.

oh, and have I mentioned how sexy the opening credits are? Yeah.

You'll both be disappointed to hear I thought the first two episodes were rather good. Lots of blood and tits, but nothing gratuitous. It knows the power of its more "vulgar" imagery and makes good use of it. Already really digging the intricate machinations of political, sociological and sexual intrigue. I can tell this is going to be fascinating to see play out. And yeah, the opening credits are fucking awesome. Age of Empires/Civilization/Risk anyone?

You'll both be disappointed to hear I thought the first two episodes were rather good. Lots of blood and tits, but nothing gratuitous. It knows the power of its more "vulgar" imagery and makes good use of it. Already really digging the intricate machinations of political, sociological and sexual intrigue. I can tell this is going to be fascinating to see play out. And yeah, the opening credits are fucking awesome. Age of Empires/Civilization/Risk anyone?

I enjoy being wrong. Glad you liked it, hope it keeps your interest.

Yeah I'm really digging this show. I've seen the first 3 eps (missed tonights episode). My friend has read all the books and from his description I thought it would be too much dungeons & dragons for my taste, but the story has totally captivated me so far.

HBO knows how to put out some quality shows.

Also has anyone seen Camelot yet? I have the first 5 eps on the DVR, but I'm waiting to start it until this season of Game of Thrones has finished. They already renewed Game of Thrones for a second season. I'm guessing each season will cover one book maybe?

Yeah, the plan was one season for each book, if things went well. Mind you, the books are still being written....the next one comes out in July, and then there will be two more.....it'll be interesting to see if the series really lasts that long. I hope it does.

Glad you're enjoying it! :up:

I have not seen Camelot but would like to check it out down the road.

I really hope the show goes through all of the books. I hate when they start a series and don't finish.

Did you guys notice that right after next week's episode finishes, you can go on HBO Go and watch the week after that's episode early?

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom