For dog lovers Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All your dogs are so :cute:

Here's my new "hairy" brother. 9 week old Harry

DSCF1985.jpg

DSCF1986.jpg

Bailey!! :love: He's sooo lanky! If he wasn't tail-less, I might say you were duped and that's a lovely merle border collie. :wink: I absolutely love his coloring, I truly want a dog like that someday (BC or Aussie, doesn't matter to me).

he sure is lanky! can you believe that he was even skinnier when i rescued him? poor baby. he's healthy and happy now. i hope you get an aussie too! tell phil i said to rescue an aussie when he chooses his dog.

As well as owing Alfie & Sdie i also sponsor Shane through the Dogs Trust

Today i recieved a disturbing e-mail from them detailed below

WildHoney said:

Urgent News from Dogs Trust.

Dublin City Council has recently banned 11 breeds of dog (including Rottweilers, Bull Terriers and German Shepherds) from all their properties, including houses, flats and estates. Existing tenants are being given a chance to rehome their animals, but if alternative accommodation can't be found, then the dogs will be destroyed. It also seems likely that these breeds will be banned from public parks - which means dog owners living in private accommodation will also be affected.

A petition to reverse the decision has been organised by Irish lobbying group ANVIL (Animals Need a Voice in Legislation). So please sign the petition today by clicking
this petition link

and please pass this email onto everyone you know who cares about dogs.

To find out more about this injustice, you can visit our DoggySnaps forum here

As we all know, it's a small minority of irresponsible owners that give breeds a bad name - to punish an entire breed and all its owners is simply ridiculous. We are urging Dublin City Council to punish "deeds not breeds."

Whilst you may not live in Ireland, breed-specific legislation is becoming more commonplace all over the world, so please help us to send a signal to legislators everywhere that dog lovers will unite to oppose ill-informed, cruel laws which punish innocent dogs and their owners.

On behalf of everyone at ANVIL and Dogs Trust, thank you for your invaluable support.

Your friends at Dogs Trust.

Thanks, Justin. She's 3. Her birthday is Oct. 29, 2003.

Today I'm signing up for our classes - agility starts Aug. 8 and level 2/CGC obedience starts Sept. 20. Can't wait!

aww still a baby in my eyes. My dog is 14 yrs old. She is so sad right now because she knows I am about to leave for a trip.:sad:

See this is why we humans need Zombie clones who work while we get to stay home or go out etc.. I think Dogs would agree.

Lies: Chop is gorgeous.

My beagle gives me "sad eyes" when she knows I am leaving. But, I always get a very enthusiastic greeting when I get home --which is so nice after a long, hard day at the office.

My dog also gets sad whenever he sees me carrying luggage. He knows it means I'm leaving for awhile. He also has his own special luggage bag, and when he sees me packing that one he gets excited because he knows he is coming along.

Like you JessicaAnn, my dog also greets me when I return home. Even if I'm just away at work, when I return he acts as though I've been gone for months. He stands upright on his hind legs and stretches his front arms as far as they can to embrace me in a warm welcome hug. I know I'm supposed to pet him only when he is in a calm submissive state according to Caesar, but the hugging is just so cute!

I probably break most of Caesar's rules, but my dog is well behaved.

When I get home from work, she jumps up a little bit, so I bend down so she can give me a kiss. But then, she is on her back waiting for a belly rub. All the while she is making this crying sound and telling me all about her rough day all alone. It's quite the site.

After 2 months of owning Flash, I was finally able to walk him! :dance: He was quite good with the harness/leash, but his nose was working overtime and was sort of disobedient. :wink: Three cars passed us, and he never chased after any of them, which is a good start. :up: He'll be 14 weeks old on Saturday, so he's definitely getting a head start, but he wasn't all that tired or anything when we got back (and it was about 80 degrees and completely humid). :shrug: He also got his first formal doggie treat:

P43619.jpg

So he's had a good night. :)

LemonMelon said:
After 2 months of owning Flash, I was finally able to walk him! :dance: He was quite good with the harness/leash, but his nose was working overtime and was sort of disobedient. :wink: Three cars passed us, and he never chased after any of them, which is a good start. :up: He'll be 14 weeks old on Saturday, so he's definitely getting a head start, but he wasn't all that tired or anything when we got back (and it was about 80 degrees and completely humid). :shrug: He also got his first formal doggie treat:

P43619.jpg

So he's had a good night. :)

Pictures :waiting:

:wink:

I visited my mom's girls tonight and they are as adorable as ever. :heart: Will upload the latest pics in a bit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom