Does anyone here work two jobs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
I know we have a few working mums and dads which are definitely 2 jobs on their own, but for actual employment? Either full time with another part time, or 2 casual/part time jobs etc?

How do you all cope and what hours do you do, if you dont mind answering?

i'd be ready to argue anyone who works and goes to school is working two jobs. which means that for the last 7 years my mom has been working 3 jobs including taking care of us kids :huh:

I work one full time job, front a band, and am promoting and putting together a few art shows around town. I have ADD and insomnia so sometimes that helps.

Full time job 38 1/2 hours a week
Full time mom
Volunteer at my kids school

I couldn't do it without Mr fah, he is a wonderful father/husband and takes on equal responsibility around the house. It also helps that my kids do some basic chores (kids are 8, 6 & 4) I am a shift worker and on days that I am working, I am not around. I work 12 hour shifts, the first 2 are day shifts, the second 2 are nightshifts. When I get to sleep, I really enjoy it.

i am a full time mom to my lil girl, and i work at walt disney travel co. as a reservation sales agent, and im seasonal with my mom's business as personal assistant. her line of business is christian poetry and picture frames. i do everything from the typing, answering phones to setting up tables and a tent at craft fairs. so far there's been no business for a very long time. summer's coming up tho...we'll see if anything happens.

I work part-time at a gallery/picture framers, and then I work on my own paintings and drawings (I get commissions)the rest of the time. Since I can manage my own hours, it's not bad, but before christmas time it's crazy.

I own my own business (landscaping), work part time for my veterinarian, and volunteer/work as an EMT, as well as married and raising a 5 y/o...

so yeah, bit busy here.... it's an easier question to ask me "when are you NOT working.."

(the one benefit of being an EMT - you can sleep on your downtime waiting for a call to come in...)

I work full time as a pediatric RN, and part time in a newborn ICU - usually an extra shift a week. I feel like I'm always working! But do it now while I can I guess...

Angie, you wrote my answer! Im a Mum.

1. I work fulltime in risk management (37.5 hours plus)
2. Am a Mum to a 3 year old
3. Currently a host organism

Last edited:
Both of my parents only have one job but they work more than regular full time hour so it's like they both have 1.5 jobs. My mom usually works 50 hrs a week retail plus has to write the schedule on days off. My dad usually works 50-60, but last week he had to work 70. Luckily me and my sister are 21 and 19 so they don't have to do the full time parenting thing anymore.
Part of the time i've been in college I've worked like 30 hrs a week and it sucked.

I worked a 2nd job over the holidays. It sucked. I think maybe because the other job was retail and I haven't worked in retail for a while. Plus I'm way too addicted to my computer to be gone from it that long. There was a time that I worked 2 jobs and went to school and thought nothing of it. But that was before I knew about blue crack ;)

I got tired just reading these replies lol.

I once voted for the 3 day weekend party in an election when I was a student working 3 part time jobs :lol:
:slant:

For the past six months, this is what I was doing:

My post-grad Biotech degree
Job #1 - 25 hours/week
Job #2 - 10-15 hours/week

Essentially you learn to function on about 4-5 hours of sleep/night. It's doable, but you will crash eventually. You also train yourself to take naps whenever possible. I can confidently assert that I can sleep anywhere, anytime!

anitram said:

Essentially you learn to function on about 4-5 hours of sleep/night. It's doable, but you will crash eventually. You also train yourself to take naps whenever possible. I can confidently assert that I can sleep anywhere, anytime!

So true

anitram said:
Essentially you learn to function on about 4-5 hours of sleep/night. It's doable, but you will crash eventually.

This happened last week for me.

I work a 50 to 60 hour-a-week full-time job running a small, but busy, operation and then coach a college mens club lacrosse team (by myself). I travel a lot with my job, as well as with the lacrosse team.

I got deathly ill last Thursday (ok, deathly is a stretch, but you get the idea) and was told by a health official it was stress-induced.

I still haven't had time to rest, but was able to get away the last four days from "work" on a team trip to North Carolina (2-1...not a bad record).

zoney -> :crack:

At the moment I am working three jobs,

part time student (I am doing a graduate diploma in education:adult literacy teaching)

I tutor 6 hours a week in a first year under-grad media course. Whilst this dosnt sound like a lot of contact hours, like all things that are University based there is a lot of work that you have to do at home and because I get paid quite well for this work, I put in a lot of prep work at home

and then every sunday I usually work at a market selling drinks and icy-poles

oh and then there is my social life, which is a job unto itself!!!!!:wink:

zoney! said:

This happened last week for me.

I work a 50 to 60 hour-a-week full-time job running a small, but busy, operation and then coach a college mens club lacrosse team (by myself). I travel a lot with my job, as well as with the lacrosse team.

I got deathly ill last Thursday (ok, deathly is a stretch, but you get the idea) and was told by a health official it was stress-induced.

I still haven't had time to rest, but was able to get away the last four days from "work" on a team trip to North Carolina (2-1...not a bad record).

zoney -> :crack:

:hug:

:hug:

:hug: for the Z-Meister!!!

There was a time in my former life (BB- "before BAW") that my former spouse DE-FUCKING-MANDED that I pull my own fair-share and work TWO JOBS while she sat on her ass to raise kids....you see, she didn't clean the house (her mom and grandma did), she didn't work, I did, I bought groceries (but I read her list) and I did the banking and all of the other household essentials mandatory of a fricken slave...you see, Police-work paid very well but that wasn't enough...Debbie wanted more! She wanted more of my time, my money, my freedom, she wanted to smoooooottthhherrrr me! No outside friends for you Rick, NONE!

Last month, I ran a post in confessionals about what have you done, in there I listed a series of jobs that I did...some unusual but most at Debbie's order...but now, I have regained my livelihood...I divorced that wicked women in 1983 (wasn't final until 1986) I solo'd for couple years until the lovely BAW came into my life and we two are now ONE... :heart: I only need one job now and a big smile and hug to keep me warm and fuzzy...Bye, :)

Seriously, it sucks. But you really do get used to it. I work Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 9:30 pm and Saturdays from 8:00-6:00. Usually I work for about 4 or 5 hours on Sundays. The thing is, I graduated from college and was lucky enough to be offered two jobs immediately. So, I took them both. The point is, I've never known any other schedule so its hard for me to bitch about it, you know?
I was an athlete in college which took about 40 hours of my week. My schedule has always been full so it wasn't hard for me to trade my sport for a second job. I just kind of went right into it.

Don't know if that helps.

:|

Bloody hell MK! At least (it seems) they've been flexible with you hours so you could fit both in.
You have no recreation time. Would you say you are a workaholic? Sorry if this is a personal question, I know some people need work, too much spare time makes them feel...restless etc.

I am amazed and in full admiration. :slant:

For now I am working one full-time job, 42.5 hours a week. But it's only temporary.

While I was at uni I had a tutoring job - 6 hours a week - and I volunteered at the museum a few hours a week as well (I'll go back to this when my current job finishes, if I haven't found something else by then).

I am so not used to working full-time. Seriously, uni was the best time I've ever had - 12 hours of lectures and tutes a week! Easy as. I want to go back ...

me either.
meggie you and sam really should come to aus. not only do we accept poms by the boatload (sam being your hubby will give you automatic entrance), but we also have a habbit of supporting people for an awfully long time on the dole.

:grumpy:

im too lazy for work. honestly.

I'm a full time student (15 credit hours) and I work 15 hours a week at my HelpDesk job (I work over 40 hrs a week there when not in school) and also have another job on campus, but it only requires a few hours of work each week. I'm thinking about applying to be my Resident Director's assistant next year which would add another 15 hrs a week so I'd be working 30 hrs a week during school next year (plus 12-16 credit hours of classes) and 50 this summer.

Angela Harlem said:
Bloody hell MK! At least (it seems) they've been flexible with you hours so you could fit both in.
You have no recreation time. Would you say you are a workaholic? Sorry if this is a personal question, I know some people need work, too much spare time makes them feel...restless etc.

I am amazed and in full admiration. :slant:

Naaah, its not personal. I guess you'd say I'm a workaholic, I never really thought of it that way. My mom hates my schedule. She says I'm too young to be working this much. :|

Anyway, like I said, I don't know any other working schedule. I'd never had a job before graduating from college so "9 to 5" wasn't really in my head yet. I know that I couldn't go to this schedule now after having NOT had this kind of working life, thats for sure!

I haaaaaaaaate work- I have only ever had one full time job, well it was 30 hours a week, but it was secretarial work- 10-4 Mon-Fri and I just hated it, I cant stand office work and I hate work that is mundane and boring, I could never be a full time office person, thats why I got out of journalism and now am looking at teaching- at least it is a bit more un officey!!!!!!! and where I live it is sooooooo easy to get distracted from working, casual or part-time work is the best, my dream job is teaching 9-3 Tues-Fri, I really dont have much incentive to work mega hours, cause the more you work the more you get taxed, when I was working 30 hours a week I was getting in my hand at the end of the week almost the same amount as my friends who were working 40hours a week, three day weekend and four days a week work would be bliss in my book:)

Back
Top Bottom