Do you have any funny quirks??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carek1230 said:

Plastic hangers in the closet (NO WIRE HANGERS!) with the hooks all going in the same direction.

My cds, dvds and records are alphabetized.

Those are the same for me as well! Except I also categorize, then alphabetize my books. :reject:

I can't sleep if there are any lights on. It has to be completely pitch black.

I always choose a book/magazine/newspaper that is 3rd or 4th in the stack. I like those things in perfect condition, so that's why I never pick the top one.

I keep thinking of more and more quirks as I keep reading this thread! :D

ThoraSEB said:

I keep thinking of more and more quirks as I keep reading this thread! :D

I know! Me too!

:reject:

This doesn't mean we are total geeks or anything, does it?

I like the term "quirks" much better than obsessive/compulsive or even that "A" word--------anal :lol:

:nerd:

another one i just thought of...

lately i've had some bad luck with hamsters that i've bought and kept as pets for myself and daisy. there was one hamster i bought for daisy. we named her peanut. she died 3 days later. no explanation. daisy got her money back from the petstore. we waited another week. then we bought a pair of female hamsters. she named them lucy and susan from the movie Chronicles of Narnia. one died. no explanation the ones that died were given the best of care, best food, habitat, omg...everything. we were so careful and they still died.

there is one left and her name is susan. everytime daisy and i wake up, i ALWAYS check on her to make sure she's alive. when we leave the house, even for 10 minutes or less, i STILL have to look in her habitat to see if susan is alive. and when i get home from work, first thing i do...check her to make sure she's alive. and when i get home tonight, i will check on her again to make sure she didnt die. i dont know if its a quirk or complete paranoia, but yeah.:|

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Toilet paper HAS to be set up so that the roll spins clockwise. This is so that when I use the bathroom at night I don't have to wake up and think about which way I'm supposed to spin it. Besides, spinning it counter-clockwise is just wrong.

What I meant to say was, the toilet paper has to go OVER the roll, not under it. I had a brain fart last night and couldn't get those words out. Counter-clockwise is just fine, as long as it's on my right side when I reach for it.

Honestly I woke up early this morning thinking this. I knew I had to post it before I left for work!

:nerd:

--I don't like different foods on my plate touching

--I eat everything in order (got screamed at for that many times growing up)

--I don't care how hot it is, I can't sleep if my feet aren't covered

--I sometimes make little noises to express myself instead of saying something like "I'm happy" or "I'm tired" :reject: People close to me call it Rebekahnese! And when I do talk I throw in random Spanish, French, Italian, Yiddish or Russian words.

--The volume on the TV has to be an even number :coocoo:

We are Dis! :drool:

Why RR, it's been a looong time big boy!!!! :flirt: :giggle:

Happy St. Paddys day to you both! :dance: :hug: :hug:

- I can't sleep if there is someone in the same room that isn't in the same bed.

- If I know how a book or movie ends, I can't read/watch it.

- My finger nails can't be too long or too short. I trim/file them every three days to keep them just the right length.

- I can't stand to have anything on my hands, including rings and gloves.

- I will not eat leftover food, even if it is only hours later.

- I can't sleep in a room with an open door.

- I like to wear my jeans several times before I wash them.

- I can't fall alseep if my hair is down. It has to be up in a pony tail.

- I will not drive in the rain, but I have no problem driving in snow.

- I have to take a shower first thing after waking up or I will be in a very bad mood all day. Even before I have coffee.

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:
My department had fun doing this while in our staff meeting! There were LOTS of the same quirks named as have appeared in this thread!

:laugh:

One more thing I thought about as I was eating breakfast -
Ketchup on eggs is WRONG, people! Ketchup, hot sauce, salsa - basically any sauce of any kind is just WRONG on eggs! :crazy: And putting ketchup on hash browns is okay, just so long as the sauce NEVER touches the eggs. I freak out even when other people are doing it in a restaurant. I try not to look at their plates.

I have to check my alarm a couple of times after I initially set it

My water bottle has to sit in the same place all of the time in the refrigiator

Can not stand to see any pillows or toys lying around on the floor. Will go around putting everything back where it should be. My little niece kills me with this one! lol

Oh and I won't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number on the id. Listen to see if they leave a message than I will pick up or call back.

angelordevil said:
I regularly put ketchup on many food items society would condemn me for. Too much is not enough. :drool:

I put ketchup on my tacos :reject:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Ketchup on eggs is WRONG, people! Ketchup, hot sauce, salsa - basically any sauce of any kind is just WRONG on eggs! :crazy: And putting ketchup on hash browns is okay, just so long as the sauce NEVER touches the eggs. I freak out even when other people are doing it in a restaurant. I try not to look at their plates.

are you on crack!:madwife: egg's were made to be smothered in stuff:drool:

JCOSTER said:
another one:

please don't touch me with your feet!!!!

I have a problem with strangers knees touching mine if I'm on the bus / train.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

What I meant to say was, the toilet paper has to go OVER the roll, not under it.

yeah, I don't know why sometimes it goes the other way, that's just not right.

When I'm eating I'll take a bite of one thing, then a bite of the next thing, and so on, and then back to the first thing. I always finish my meat last (it's the best part!)

I HATE stopping in the middle of a song.

My headphones have to be earbuds (or anything that goes in the ears, there's also those kind that have the thing in your ear then wrap around your ear, if anyone knows what the hell i'm talking about) and I'm constantly adjusting them... the right and the left have to feel the same to me :crazy:

I don't really sit still much, especially on the computer. I'm always moving something. Just like when I was a kid :lol:

When I'm on the computer I highlight stuff as I read it. i don't highlight it to be able to read it better, I just highlight it, click to unhighlight, then highlight again...I just have to be moving something around, I can't just sit there and look at the screen without messing with the mouse :huh:

AtomicBono said:

When I'm on the computer I highlight stuff as I read it. i don't highlight it to be able to read it better, I just highlight it, click to unhighlight, then highlight again...I just have to be moving something around, I can't just sit there and look at the screen without messing with the mouse :huh:

:lol: As I was reading that bit I was highlighting it, then unhighlighting it, then highlighting it again!

TheQuiet1 said:

:lol: As I was reading that bit I was highlighting it, then unhighlighting it, then highlighting it again!

I was doing it while reading this whole thread...:wink: i just have to click stuff with the mouse always :crazy:

AtomicBono said:

I do this too, and I never noticed until a co-worker and I were going over something on the computer. I had control of the mouse and was driving her crazy.

Sicy said:

I put ketchup on my tacos :reject:

:love:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Ketchup on eggs is WRONG, people! Ketchup, hot sauce, salsa - basically any sauce of any kind is just WRONG on eggs! :crazy:

But it tastes sooo good on scrambled eggs! You should try it. There's another thread here about poutine (a dish made with french fries, cheese, and gravy). Well, I put ketchup on that...and also on lasagna at times. Mmmmm :happy:

Back
Top Bottom