Deadwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greeneyedgirl said:
but you have to go all the way to the top of the hill to see Bullocks. Its kind of creepy going up there, because there is nothing else, but it is a nice big plot with a little bench to sit (or have a snack :lol: )

Or perhaps raise your whiskey glass? :D

I would definitely like to get to Deadwood someday :yes:

Will Tolliver really accept Hearst's proposal? He acted like a little bitch, which is exactly how Hearst treated him. Damn.

And Brian Cox is great. His character, I think, is going to bring some good stuff to Deadwood.

And YAY for Wu! He's awesome. I love how Bullock did an impersonation of him. Brilliant.

If she did, where would she go? I don't see late 1800's frontier land as freindly for black folks. They almost killed the "Little" General for....uh....nothing last season. Tarred his damn shoulder.

What was she saying about him during the mahjong (?) game? I was a bit distracted during that scene, but I heard her talking shit to the Chinese. That was great.

UberBeaver said:
I love how Bullock did an impersonation of him. Brilliant.

omg. I laughed for a long time at that... so great!

lots of great new characters introduced... I love when the stage comes to Deadwood!

I am reminded each week how much I love this show... and it's hard to explain to the uninitiated how great this show is :yes:

Is it sad that it was kind of hard to watch Al begin to unravel during this episode? :sad:

I've really grown very fond of him... but I can feel that he knows his time is coming in Deadwood.

And the return of Hostetler! I wonder if he and Steve the drunk will actually work things out... or if it will come to blood in the end anyway.

I still want to know what's up with Langriche and the theatre... is there an ulterior motive there?

Though Langriche and Al have a great relationship... Al seems to respect him as an equal. :hmm:

And that scene with Hearst, Tolliver, and Al... whoo boy. I fear that Al has really stepped in it on this one. I don't think Hearst is gonna tolerate Al's displays of power for much longer.

Lots to think about, can't wait until next week!

Something is up with the theatre, but I don't know what just yet. Brian Cox is playing it cool, and I'm sure that's all part of his plan. His "actresses" seem to be spies as well, getting in with the fringe players (like the weird dude that was teaching the "whore" dice.)

If Al goes down, and with the series ending - he probably is, I just hope he brings as many of Tolliver's and Hearts people with him. I think seeing Al desperate might be more exciting than watching Al in control.

I didn't get uncomfortable. I got the impression Al knew what was going on, and sent a message to Hurst that he's not going to be a part of it, whatever it is. Al is his own man. I stil have hope that Tolliver is doing what he has to do to get the best of Hurst, but I'm not so sure.

And in the end it will come down to Bullock doing something or other to set things right. Unfortunately, he'll probably have to turn on Al. Al's way of running things, though entertaining, isn't conducive to society in the long run.

wow...the eyeball was really something! :ohmy:

I couldn't stop laughing at the lady in the bathtub/sex urge scene! :lmao:

Iceberg avoided!!! :lol:

I think the board said something about Hofsetler catching Steve having um...relations with the Sheriff's horse.

I've been trying to get into this show and for some reason I am so torn. I love this era in time and the show and characters seem real and believable but they curse worse than sailors! It bugs me! Last night I tried to watch and not pay attention to the bad language but just couldn't! I am going to keep trying tho.

Carek1230 said:
I've been trying to get into this show and for some reason I am so torn. I love this era in time and the show and characters seem real and believable but they curse worse than sailors! It bugs me! Last night I tried to watch and not pay attention to the bad language but just couldn't! I am going to keep trying tho.

I'd recommend starting at the beginning with the series... once you get into the characters, most people I know haven't found the language to be a problem. In fact, after awhile you expect it :)

This week's episode was incredible. After this week, I'm going to have to agree with UberBeaver that Al has something up his sleeve. Though he professes not to know what's going on, is this just a ruse put on for E.B. and Johnny/Dan/Silas?

And oh man... that beating. How painful to watch that happening? I think that was the first time on this show I've actually had to look away.

And Bullock finally arresting Hearst... how is that going to complicate things for Al?

:hyper: This just keeps getting better...

That's what I thought I would do, start at the beginning and get all caught up. Maybe this weekend. And thanks for the tip! I will check back with you guys.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at Jane as I did in the last episode!

"why don't you go fuck yourself with a fist punch up your ass" or whatever it was she said along those lines.

:lmao:

And as if Steve wasn't stupid enough, the horse has to kick him senseless :lol:

Do you think Steve was really just trying to un-shoe the horse, or was he gettin' a little extra :censored:

Back
Top Bottom