Brand New Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok why are Utd fans and the commentators all acting like Utd are already through to the final:huh:

You have a one goal lead, Milan still have 2 away goals, and I have little doubt that Milan will score at home...its still very 50-50:shrug:

LJT said:
Ok why are Utd fans and the commentators all acting like Utd are already through to the final:huh:

You have a one goal lead, Milan still have 2 away goals, and I have little doubt that Milan will score at home...its still very 50-50:shrug:

Very true. I'm not a united supporter but clive tysdley last night was going ballistic about man united and all the papers this morning have been about how rooney got one over kaka.

United played really well in the last half an hour but everyone seems to have forgotten that perhaps the main reason for this was gattuso going off injured not long after the second half started. Carrick was his usual anonymous self until gattuso went off and finally him and scholes had space in midfield to pass it about instead of having gattuso snapping at their heels and being in their faces all the time.

Milan are still very much in the tie, esp with 2 away goals. I still have a hunch united will win even if their last performance in Italy wasn't exactly inspiring.

Too bad you can't watch the matches on RTE the Irish national station...the guys on our panel absolutely lay into teams and players...they all hate Ronaldo, especially Eamon Dunphy and Liam Brady...always good for a bit of craic.

Best sports panel on the planet, no bias, even when the English are playing, except when England are playing crap they do enjoy it a bit:wink:

But anyway it allows me to escape overzealous Utd supporters and English commentator bias.

Really not sure how Rooney got one over Kaka:huh: Wasn't the match billed as Ronaldo versus Kaka? That was forgotten about quick enough......

And since when has conceding 2 away goals been considered a great victory?

Yeah i saw a video on youtube of Eamon Dunphy talking about how Steven Gerrard got "found out" against PSV the other week in the 2nd leg :lol:

He's completely wrong but it is funny to have somebody who says what he thinks as opposed to the monkeys in the studio's we have to watch where every english team can do no wrong.

I suspect in the next leg milan will probably try to score 1 goal and then defend that lead. It's never easy to score against Italian teams in their own back yard but if any team can then it's man united.

LJT said:

My thoughts exactly. I feel like the only person who doubts we'll go through...

LJT said:

i dont know why, but utd came back very well in the 2nd half. it does seem like the momentum switched back to utd with the last minute goal.

either side can go through for sure, but im fairly confident utd can get the job done in italy. juve 99 anyone?

the rockin edge said:

i dont know why, but utd came back very well in the 2nd half

1stepcloser said:
United played really well in the last half an hour but everyone seems to have forgotten that perhaps the main reason for this was gattuso going off injured not long after the second half started.

There's your answer :wink:

If gattuso is out for next weeks game too then united will have a better chance of progressing, no doubt.

man
it looks like man u and chelsea will be squaring off in all the big finals relevant to them...

fa cup
champions league
premiership title

good times

by the way... forgive me for stating the obvious, but wow were rooney's goals important or what. even a 2-2 tie would have been devestating going to italy.

hmm...don't really know about that. of course it's a better result, but if it had been a draw, united would have been forced to attack in italy, which is what they're best at. now that they've won, ferguson may be tempted to play a defensive game in italy, which might be dangerous.

U2Man said:
hmm...don't really know about that. of course it's a better result, but if it had been a draw, united would have been forced to attack in italy, which is what they're best at. now that they've won, ferguson may be tempted to play a defensive game in italy, which might be dangerous.

wasn't the case vs. Roma.

I dont' think he'll do anything differently than what he did in the 2nd half. They need to attack and get goals early. Do not allow for any momentum to build. Only doubt. :D

am i the only one who would rather see utd vs pool in the final than utd vs chelski?

U2Man said:

with the defensive shortage at the moment? not likely, he'll play to utd's strengths, rooney, ronaldo, giggs, scholes etc.

Got Philk? said:

wasn't the case vs. Roma.

I dont' think he'll do anything differently than what he did in the 2nd half. They need to attack and get goals early. Do not allow for any momentum to build. Only doubt. :D

Yeah but if you remember Utd's 7-1 victory came at Old Trafford, in Italy Roma won 2-1, and Utd were pretty crap there...and I do believe Roma to be a weaker team than Milan...San Siro is a very different ball game....

Still by any team's merits conceding two away goals in a narrow victory is never considered a great result...good comeback performance by Utd, but they were favourites to win at home anyway:shrug: Conceding two away goals isn't a great win.

A Chelsea vs Milan final would be awful.

Chelsea - bought their way to success. spent £300m in 3 years :|

Milan - Shouldn't even be in the competition in the first place after they got caught cheating and match fixing last year

A man united - liverpool final would be :drool:

Can't believe Leeds are down. Sad to see a well supported old traditional club like them in the third tier whilst the likes of Wigan who are being bankrolled by a sugar daddy and play to a half empty stadium every week are still in the premiership.

Then again i'm in a small minority of non-leeds fans who actually quite like them lol.

Big Sam, didn't see that 1 coming, be interesting to see if Bolton can maintain their form now, should think Stuart Pearce will be sifting through sits. vac. columns soon.

Title race, to all United fans don't count your chickens before they're hatched, remember '91/'92, it ain't over till fatty sings!

Congrats to Keano, & Brucie, 2 ex United legends promoted to the Prem. today after Derby's defeat, I really think Sunderland are on the brink of some major success as Keano learns his trade in time to take over when SAF decides to call it a day!

LJT said:

Yeah but if you remember Utd's 7-1 victory came at Old Trafford, in Italy Roma won 2-1, and Utd were pretty crap there...and I do believe Roma to be a weaker team than Milan...San Siro is a very different ball game....

Still by any team's merits conceding two away goals in a narrow victory is never considered a great result...good comeback performance by Utd, but they were favourites to win at home anyway:shrug: Conceding two away goals isn't a great win.

seem to remember the mighty milan conceding 2 goals in the previous round at home to munich, didn't do them much harm in the 2nd leg, & this milan side aren't among the greatest to have graced the San Siro, I don't normally like to make predictions, tempting fate'n all that, but I expect United to come away with a 2, or 3 - 1 victory

Back
Top Bottom