Best pwned moments in cinema history

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lancemc said:
boanlinc2.gif

Lincoln = pwned.

Lincoln jokes are notorious for falling flat, but this cracked me up.

The two sharks fighting over his body and ripping him in half at the end is what seals it.

Also, getting shot right after taking a dump in someone else's house when they're not home is super pwnage:

johntravolta.jpg

"Zed's dead, baby."

More like Zed's pwned.

As is The Gimp.

Of course, Marvin getting his head accidentally blown off in the backseat of his associates' car is some awful pwnage.

Eric Stoltz watching his Three Stooges with his cereal and John Travolta barrels into his yard with an od'ing Uma is pwnage as well.

It's got to qualify somehow, mainly for the Stoltz connection.

I think it's pronounced "Owned" and I would describe it as: being clearly dominated in a given situation; however in a great pwn there is a also factor of "didn't see that coming" thrown in.

That make sense? Anyone have a better description?

A Clockwork Orange:

Alex gets out or prison after the Ludovico Treatment.

He returns home to find out that his parents let his room out to a boarder, and they ask him to leave his own home. Pwned.

He then gets beaten up by the old man he beat up earlier in the film. Well, the old man and his cronies. Pwned.

The cops chase the old men away, whereupon Alex finds out that the 2 cops are 2 of his old droogies, one of whom he beat on more than once. The 2 cops drag Alex to the woods, and they beat him as they hold his head under water. Pwned.

Alex stumbles away, wounded and looking for help. He ends up at the house of a man whose wife he raped. The man figures this out as Alex sings "Singing in the Rain" while bathing. The Man calls his friends, drugs Alex, locks him in a bedroom and play a little of the Ludwig Van, which Alex loves, but thanks to the treatment, drives him crazy. He goes berserk, and flings himself out of the window. Pwned.

UberBeaver said:
I think it's pronounced "Owned" and I would describe it as: being clearly dominated in a given situation; however in a great pwn there is a also factor of "didn't see that coming" thrown in.

That make sense? Anyone have a better description?

Yes it's owned" with a P sound at the front, so essentially powned. It came about because of a video game misspelling of own that had pwn. The legend grew from there. You can pretty much use it in any situation in which some sort of metaphorical ass is being metaphorically kicked.

phillyfan26 said:

Yes it's owned" with a P sound at the front, so essentially powned. It came about because of a video game misspelling of own that had pwn. The legend grew from there. You can pretty much use it in any situation in which some sort of metaphorical ass is being metaphorically kicked.

Pwned.

So you pronounce the "p"? Curious, I do not. I just use the misspelling cause it's funny. I once saw a pre-owned video game and the sticker was had written to read "pre-pwnd". I thought that was dope.

Myself, I prefer the "lol pwnd" derivation. It seems to really drive the point home that someone got pwnd well. the lol is just to add insult to injury.

whatever about alex getting owned in clockwork; he has the prime minister cutting his steak and feeding him and he's like a national hero at the end. Society pwned bigtime.

lazarus said:
whatever about alex getting owned in clockwork; he has the prime minister cutting his steak and feeding him and he's like a national hero at the end. Society pwned bigtime.

True, and he reverts back to his old ways, too.

Joey788 said:
Boba Fett falling into the pit where the Sarlacc lives to get digested by it over the next 1000 years.

Pwned

Everyone hoping Boba Fett goes out like a fuckin' champ, but instead is accidentally hit by a drugged out Han Solo... pwned.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Everyone hoping Boba Fett goes out like a fuckin' champ, but instead is accidentally hit by a drugged out Han Solo... pwned.

So true. I was always secretly disappointed by how he went out. That's Lucas' version of comic relief, I guess. Or whoever that director was.

The next special edition of Jedi better have a scene at the end of the credits where Fett's hand pops out of the sand in true badass fashion.

Then he takes off his helmet and it's Snake Plissken.

Back
Top Bottom