bagpipe appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i always count uilean pipes as a kind of bagpipe.. they are definately one of the most bootyful instruments.

cloudimani said:

Get out of my house IWasBored :)

when did you take up residence in my thread?

good, looks like you weren't horribly offended. i'm really not the jackass that i can act like...or maybe i am, but i don't mean to be...it's open for interpretation

bodhran :up:

IWasBored said:

good, looks like you weren't horribly offended. i'm really not the jackass that i can act like...or maybe i am, but i don't mean to be...it's open for interpretation

...when you spend so much time with a person, you begin to sound like them. I think I've said that before.

cujo said:

...when you spend so much time with a person, you begin to sound like them. I think I've said that before.

That's nothing to be proud of...

cujo said:

that's what i thought after i posted it...

to be more specific "good god i sound like cujo! :scream: "

even if you saw it yourself you wouldn't beleive i t i wouldn't trust a person like me if i were you

sounds like cujo's singing the song...i wouldn't trust him if i were me...but it's a little unclear whether i'm me or him...

(song: gaelic storm--johnny tarr from the album "tree")

Last edited:
None of you are fans of Mull of Kintyre? I'm no Paul McCartney fan, but live that song is downright amazing. You cant beat a marching band with 20 bagpipes playing that.
:up:

I love the pipes, they rouse , they lament.
I lucked it in....I live in the most multi-cultural area, i just love it!! I live near the biggest little Scottish town in Australia ( I was there on Monday and saw a very fine young man doing his shopping in a kilt..he looked great...imho anyway:eyebrow: ) They have an annual highland gathering, we get lots of visiting pipe bands( I find the crack of the snares pretty exciting too...I love a parade).

I also am friends with the local Celtic folk. I ocassionally go to their celidhs( can't spell that correctly right now or the next thing I'm about to say) and I love the uellian pipes too....and the dancing.The wedding I went to on the weekend had about 15 pipers, harpist, bodhrans and singers playing together at one stage...it was delightful.

ACCA DACCA - It's along way to the top if you want to rock n roll!!
men in skirts:sexywink:

IWB- I'm about to attach one of my pics:mac: it's a bit blurry, but what fun. I love the way the teenagers are so into the dance and so uninhibited...the uellian pipe player is hot too.:mac:

teehee: hub wants me to get off line - he's luring me......not with bagpipes...with Norah Jones...serious now:)

variety....the spice of life

Attachments

• march22_03020.jpg
    march22_03020.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 8
i can't view attatched pictures cos i'm not a premuim member

ceilidh...i think...yeah...

you'll have to speak up dear....I can't hear, it's all the bagpipes:)

truly? heck! you can't see the pics I've been showing you?

:) woops

i almost bought a bagpipe album today

this is the first picture i think you've posted since the non-premium members being not being able to see attatchments, i think...

another trip to the post office is in order...i really should have become a premium member ages ago :reject:

ah good, normal program will resume asap.
I don't quite think I could listen to a whole album of bagpipes,so I'd have said "buy the ben harper album, or the daniel lanois or the..."
they can get so loud. I prefer to hear them at outdoor events. have fun there though yourself, what ever you are grooving to.

I only wanted to blow them... can you blame a guy for admiring another guy's bagpipes... wait a second you're not talking about bagpipes... in that case, yes I do remember seeing mofo run... which is pretty funny... it's like seeing Michael Jackson skip towards his local Discovery Zone...

michael jackson skipping towards his local discoery zone? ah so that's what you look like when you run, mofo?

i bet the guys at the gym have a laugh everytime you go running on the treadmill then

Your mockery knows no bounds. I salute you, a one finger salute. Guess which finger.

Here's a hint, it's my middle one.

Last time you were talking about your "middle" finger you pointed to your crotch and said check this out...

Cujo then ran away like David Hasselhoff...

You know what sucks... all my AIM usernames are taken:

pinball wizard, magic bus, canteen boy... where's the justice?

If you go with ItchyCrotch, that's probably not taken.

Go bagpipes (had to bring this back)

No... from now on I have the worst username... now I know how that insurance firm feels about having www.clownpenis.fart as its web address...

I am Cleo Troubadour... lame.

hahaha... they actually underlined that as if it were a link... I dare any of you to press it... mwhahahaha

Isnt that a SNL sketch? I totally forgot about that. That's funny shiz. I'm totally cracking up.

Ya... it's a commercial from SNL... I think Chris Parnell did it...

I was actually gonna use shiznit as my username... but that would be like naming your dog after your friend's name.

I love baggpipes!

I have quite a few CDs with pipe music. Most of them are what I would call "modernized" Traditional Scottish music. Silly Wizard is a good band to try if you want to hear some good Highland Pipes play.

I am looking forward to the local Scottish Fare the first Saturday in May. There is a pipe band competition with bands from all over the region competing. The best thing is during the opening and closing ceremonies when all the bands play together as a massed pipe band. It absolutely takes my breath away.

Re: I love baggpipes!

Lemon Meringue said:
I have quite a few CDs with pipe music. Most of them are what I would call "modernized" Traditional Scottish music. Silly Wizard is a good band to try if you want to hear some good Highland Pipes play.

I am looking forward to the local Scottish Fare the first Saturday in May. There is a pipe band competition with bands from all over the region competing. The best thing is during the opening and closing ceremonies when all the bands play together as a massed pipe band. It absolutely takes my breath away.

i'll check out silly wizard, i bet i'll like it

duuuuuuude! can i come to the scottish fare on the first satureday of may? :faint:

Lemon Meringue said:
If you are near Saint Paul, MN you are more than welcome to join the fun! :up:

:( too bad that's rather far from massachusetts...

Back
Top Bottom