Any lurking Depeche Mode fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friday 22 August 2003

12:06am
The Golden Path - THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS featuring THE FLAMING LIPS Virgin
You Were The Last High - THE DANDY WARHOLS EMI
Dice - FINLEY QUAYE Sony
I Need You - DAVE GAHAN Virgin

I can usually remember lyrics, well the chorus...but not always band members names..thingya-me amd whatsit and JoBloggs , the bloke with the gardening gloves( Eno in Virginia Plain)etc.

Dave Gahan? singer of DM?Is that a new song?..or is Dave the Soft Cell singer?hmmmmmmmm????
Dandy Warhols are programming RAGE tomorrow night...I wish I could stay awake the whole weekend...with the TV on!!
signed
old square eyes

i haven't heard of any mention of Exiter. I actually like the album, yet the people i know slam it. granted, it is darker, but the mood to the album is simply divine.

Exciter was a disappointment. I think it was one their weakest albums since their early days.
It is apparent that Alan Wilder's influence is out of the picture in Exciter. It's too minimalist.
Anyways, hopefully the next album will be better (if there is a next album)

The only songs I like on Exciter are The Dead of Night and I Feel Loved, and even those could be improved on. Alan Wilder was the only 'proper' musician in DM. And from what I've seen played most of the keyboards when on tour. Ultra is better than Exciter. Dave Gahan's album is pretty good, so I think he'll want to have more input into the writing of the next DM album. Without Dave Gahan DM couldn't continue.

Mirrorball Man said:
The only songs I like on Exciter are The Dead of Night and I Feel Loved, and even those could be improved on. Alan Wilder was the only 'proper' musician in DM. And from what I've seen played most of the keyboards when on tour. Ultra is better than Exciter. Dave Gahan's album is pretty good, so I think he'll want to have more input into the writing of the next DM album. Without Dave Gahan DM couldn't continue.

Totally agree :yes:
I do think Dream On was a proper single. Ultra was a way much better album.

I wouldn't say I'm a very big DM fan but I do enjoy them. After seeing Dave Gahan do some solo with incredible energy I can just imagine what the full band is like live. My favourites are "Home", "In Your Room", and "Policy of Truth". I'm sure there are others I really enjoy but that's all that's happening to remain in my memory atm.

Depeche mode is my most favoritist band 2nd to U2. i love depeche so much. Seen dave back in august. great! went to 2003 LA convention. seen dave on the big screen. I'm still a new fan.

Exciter was my 1st DM album so naturally i love it. but my favorite is probably black celebration followed by SOFAD.

DAVE GAHAN:drool:

I've been spinning DM in my car more than anybody for the past few days...even more than Ryan!!!!!! :ohmy:

i have been listening to depeche more than u2 latley but don't tell anyone. but seriously it's just a breath of fresh air to hold me off till the new album. when ever that is.

Violator seems to be a popular favorite amongst fans. I can understand why. However I find Music For The Masses and Songs of Faith & Devotion to be far deeper and more artistically fulfilling.
Though I really hope that the band releases that "World Violation Tour" recording that just resurfaced.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom