$660 Million for the Red Sox??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
My lord thats a lot of hot dogs. Imagine what they'd have sold for if they had a ballpark less than 80 yrs old or a World series win after WW1!!

Too bad the team still doesn't have near enough talent to compete with the Yankees. It's really annoying that no owner has really been able to create a champion there. The sad part is, the new owners have been talking about renovating Fenway rather than building a new stadium. Renovate all you want, its still a ghetto park. It really sucks that the Red Sox seem to be as unlucky as the Yankees are lucky. Ah well, such is the nature of the curse.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
will Pedro Martinez be able to return reclaim his throne as the best picture in the game? I sure hope so, he's so fun to watch pitch

Sadly, I don't see it happening. He's not big enough to throw that hard for very long. Look at the hard throwers that have pitched well for long periods of time- Randy Johnson, Clemens, Nolan Ryan. All Horses. Pedro's mechanics put too much stress on his elbow. He'll still be very good, but probably a little more hitable and injury prone.

Foxxern...I think the whole "renovate Fenway" stuff this group has been kicking around is just blowing smoke...there'll be a new ballpark in the next 10 yrs, and if the commisioner has anything to say about it...the taxpayers will be footing the bill.

In fact Jane Swift is proposing raising tolls at the Sumner Tunnel to $69.00 to fund the stadium after the big dig is paid for.

Yeah-and probably at least 300 million will go to the whining, spoiled, non-championship winning players.

rolleyes.gif

I hope they spend at least a few million on fixing those disgusting bathrooms and butt-busting seats.
mad.gif

See, they figured they'd spend all that money buying the team, then they'd have NO money to spend ON the team, and the curse will continue.

blah.

I'll probably die before the Red Sox win another World Series
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom