2010 FIFA World Cup! Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hoping that Australia does well enough to advance and play Italy again so the Aussies can get revenge over Italy's stealing the game from them 4 years ago and knocking them out of the tournament.

OZZIE!! OZZIE!! OZZIE!!!
OI!! OI!!! OI!!!

GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Um, no.

I must say, due to public viewing my interest in watching games has increased. Will be watching on Sunday with some great company. And the good thing is, I wouldn't be sad if Australia won. :D

I have to say, that great company is bringing some coloured snacks from a different country, hope you don't mind :wink:

Winner: England
Runnerup: Portugal
Dark Horse: USA
Biggest Embarrasment: France

This is sadly true.

Although I'm not sure that there is anything much more unpleasant to watch than the way Italy plays soccer at the World Cup.

Yeah, cos scoring more goals than any other team while allowing the fewest is NOT what soccer is about.

Best most competitive and well played game of the 2006 tournament after 90 minutes was the Semi-Final between germany and italy. score at the time ? 0-0

WINNER = Argentina
Runner Up = Brazil
Dark Horse = Holland
Biggest Joke = France
Golden Boot = Lionel Messi

I got Holland and South Korea in my work sweepstake!
As long as Robin Van Persie if fit, Holland have a chance

My predictions:
Winner: Netherlands :)
Runner up: Argentina
Dark horse: Denmark
Biggest embarrassment: France

I haven't made up my mind yet about winner and runner-up. I'll give a shot to the other two categories at least.

Dark horse: Mexico
Biggest embarrassment: Spain and Messi

Stuck £3 on Gilardino to be the top goalscorer yesterday, sounds like a stupid bet but the odds 50/1 for Italys first choice striker :ohmy::drool:

I know they don't look as good as last time but 50/1 is an unbelievable price and Italys group is appalling :D

I hope Portugal crash and burn in the first round

Thats why Ivory Coast need Drogba back

Want to see Ronaldo crying

In a group with Brazil and Ivory Coast, I think it's a real possibility that they won't advance to the next stage.

Damn, this will be a difficult month to work. Streaming is at least working at the office.

Let's do it, South Africa!

passed by a restaurant/bar that opened up at 6 for the soccer game and it was packed.

wished i could have hung out instead of going to work.

is usa/england really must-see-tv? or is it ok for me to go to the gym/pool instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom