(08-15-2002) Anniversaries, both happy and sad - Irish Echo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.irishecho.com
By Eileen Murphy
August 14-20, 2002

Anniversaries, both happy and sad

Four children, 10 albums and millions of dollars later, U2 lead singer Bono and his wife Ali will celebrate 20 years of wedded bliss on Aug. 21.

The pair recently spent a romantic holiday in Italy, because, obviously, they needed a break from puttering around the villa in the South of France. Their happiness will be tempered by sadness, though, since Bono's father, Bobby Hewson, died on the same date last year. The family will join Bono's brother Norman in Dublin to mark the elder Hewson's passing.

Elsewhere in Bonoland, we hear that the new greatest hits album, due out this fall, will be marketed in the same way as their last anthology collection. "Best of 1990-2000" will be shipped with a second CD of B-sides for the first week of its release. Subsequent pressings will include only the main disk. The compilation will contain tracks from "Achtung Baby," "Zooropa," "Pop" and "Passengers," including odds and ends like "Miss Sarajevo" (a duet with Luciano Pavarotti) and "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" from "Batman." The album will also include two new songs. One of them, "Electric Storm," will be released as a single on October 21.

HelloAngel said:
The pair recently spent a romantic holiday in Italy, because, obviously, they needed a break from puttering around the villa in the South of France.

Hmmm..... I guess they found some puttering time in between raising 4 kids and donating their time to world causes! How dare they take a romantic holiday too?!

j/k, though I don't get the need for the sarcasm.

Great news about ATYCLB perhaps being dropped from the Best Of though!

Re: Re: (08-15-2002) Anniversaries, both happy and sad - Irish Echo

BostonAnne said:

Hmmm..... I guess they found some puttering time in between raising 4 kids and donating their time to world causes! How dare they take a romantic holiday too?!

j/k, though I don't get the need for the sarcasm.

Great news about ATYCLB perhaps being dropped from the Best Of though!

I don't get the sarcasm either, Anne. I don't write it, I just report it :)

You sure do a great job Hello Angel, thank you.

I must admit, when I got to that same sentence that Anne commented on, I looked up to see who had written such a swipe at such a beautiful couple. I sometimes think journalists get a bit clever clever, as Rik(the Young Ones) would say.

I just came on line cause something really nice happened and I thought, hmmm I wonder if it is the Hewson's anniversary today?that would be nice. I knew I would be able to confirm that here. You keep the news board very up to date, ty...it was a musical incident, I wanted it to relate. But no, their anniversary is tomoorow
**cass leaves champagne and @}-->------s

:heart: to you Angel

I want to tell a cass story

when my girlfriend gave me the B P Fallon book for my birthday, I was delighted to see the photos and story from gavin friday's wedding. I thought the idea of karaoke was so cool. I was stunned, yep that's the word, stunned when I got to the bit about Bobby Hewson and the song he chose to sing. That is a song my father loved and played a lot on his beloved record player, the Perry Como version. I learnt to play it a long time ago on my guitar but have never played it for dad. It is a beautifully sad song.
Actually that is what my musical moment was just then. My New Year's resolution was only to play happy songs, but I don't know that many. I just then let my music book fall open at random and it fell open at Christine McVie's "Don't Stop" I never actually learned to play it..... a genuine happy song.
I thought January 1 ,2002 to August 20, 2002, took me a while but I found it. I thought I may remove all the songs in minor keys and with sad lyrics...but that won't leave much. I'll have to find new ones. Good. hub told me for goodnes sake get new strings.lol
you know where all this is heading? A wwww.U2newsboard and I want to sing...:laugh:

No I'll spare you, but if you look up the lyrics...
ohhh just the chorus, I am serious now
it has been a very powerful couple of years, so much change.

Lay your head
upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body
close to mine
hear the whisper of the raindrops
blowing soft
against the window
and make believe you love me
one more time
for the good times......
RIP Mr Hewson

and the first verse of my new one

If you wake up and don't want to smile
if it takes just a little while
Open you eyes and look at the day
You'll see things in a different way.....

ahh music :larry: :bono: :edge: :adam: thank you for ATYCLB
happy anniversary, present and future

loaded with typos , again

Last edited:
So...

August 21st is their anniversary-in other words, tomorrow.

Very nice.

I just want to say an early happy 20th wedding anniversary to Bono and Ali-20 years, that's just incredible-and wonderful. May they have many more happy years together. :yes:.

Cheers to the both of them *raises a glass for a toast*

As for Bono's father's death...a shame that falls on such an otherwise happy day-my condolances to Bono for that as well.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom