Will Somebody Help Me With This Problem!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Will somebody tell me why I don't want a boyfreind right now? I mean shouldnt I be dieing to get one at my age (I'm 16)??????? IS THIS NORMAL!!! I mean.... ggrrr I'm confused :(
Did any of you have this problem when you were my age, and people that ARE my age or around it do you have this problem...
I feel so odd or a loner cause all my friends are dating and makin out with guys and stuff and here I am when I DO date which has been like once I just want to go home!!! I have some major problems dont I?

:help: :sigh:

I don't think it's that unusual. I didn't date until I was 16, and it took a couple of years for me to feel comfortable. If you don't want a boyfriend, or don't think your ready to date, then you shouldn't. It is not something that people go through at a certain age. I know this doesn't help now, but you will be happy to whenever you're ready for it.

Jam Jar said:
no, i think it's fine- you're just not ready for dating, that's all :)

Or that could be the problem.

I also think my problem is that my standards are too high. Teenage boys are not the most pleasant beings to be around. :laugh:

souLnation2002 said:

Or that could be the problem.

I also think my problem is that my standards are too high. Teenage boys are not the most pleasant beings to be around. :laugh:
You're right on that. I would never date anyone from my school even if I was ready to date... cause they are all buttheads(meaning they make fun of me)... or druggies :|

I was never interested in boys. It wasnt until I was early 20 something and the boys started turning into men that I started paying attention.

My little sister, on the other hand, started dating when she was about 13.

ie tis different for everyone.

Do what you want, enjoy your freedom. In no time flat you will be living in the suburbs with 2 kids, a Ford, a mortgage, and typing to strangers on Interference to fight the monotony. :uhoh:

beli said:
and typing to strangers on Interference to fight the monotony. :uhoh:

Umm, I do this anyway.

But Beli has a good point. You should enjoy being single. And teenage boys really don't have much to recommend them. And 16 is still too young to be dating "men".

beli said:
Do what you want, enjoy your freedom. In no time flat you will be living in the suburbs with 2 kids, a Ford, a mortgage, and typing to strangers on Interference to fight the monotony. :uhoh:

:lol: :yes:

I think it's good you're not interested at the moment. And why would you want to be? Boys at 16 are really 14 and (in my experiences) a relationship with them is a waste of energy and emotion. However, you can still have fun. So, really... my advice is completely useless. :shrug:

I'm only a handful of years ahead of you and I'm still rolling my eyes at guys my age. Older men are better. Like, :hmm: Edge.

My boyfriend's already talking about marriage. It's ridiculous. :tsk: Enjoy your obsessions, they're fun and make the days more exciting! You're fine, don't worry. :wink:

souLnation2002 said:
Same problem with me. :sigh:

But then again, I go to an isolated all-girls school. That might be the problem. :grumpy:

I went to an all girls school, but all the girls had a boyfriend but me... i never liked those school boys cuz they were inmature and I don't know i just didn't like them, maybe i didn't knew cool guys then... so don't worry about it...

i started to be interested in guys when i started the college, then i start to meet some interesting people :)

I didn't get a boyfriend until I started college. I had a couple of dates in high school but I wasn't really into it. Ummm I had one date with a guy I liked a lot from this other school..... he insisted I ride in the back seat of the car alone while he drove, and refused to talk until after dinner. :eeklaugh: So after that freak I decided to just give up for awhile.

Anyway, try not to worry about it. There's PLENTY of time to have to deal with the menfolk. Enjoy your peace while you can. :der:

You are totally normal :hug:

My kids (boys) are 17 and 19 and I can't believe the DRAMA that dating causes in the lives of their friends. My youngest doesn't date at all...just group things with his friends, male and female and he's perfectly happy with that. All of his friends who are steady dating someone have to deal with a bunch of nonsense that I don't think kids your age should have to deal with.

Just have fun and be yourself...there isn't any kind of time schedule you need to follow where boys are concerned. :)

I myself started dating at 18, which I didin't think late at all. I didn't make it serious until at 21 I met my husband. You really don't need a long history of boyfriends to be happy in your life. I also have 2 teenage sons (18 & 15), neither of them has started dating yet, though they are popular with girls. We say they both have their girl 'fan clubs', but they generally just hang around together, talk, go to the cinema. I guess this way they will learn that dating is not the only kind of relationship you can have with the opposite sex, that there can be just friendship, having fun, discussing their mutual problems.
So keep your head up, girl, you're PERFECTLY NORMAL!!!
And they say that really intelligent people start dating later... :)

My daughter didn't start dating until she was nearly 18. Most of her friends did the same. She said she had enough stress her last two years of high school without adding a relationship. Anyway, her advice is don't be in a rush.

At least most of her friends were like her, and waited :) all mine are pressuring me to get a boyfriend :( and I feel stupid cause I say I don't want one... and then they say "You need to get over Edge and get a boyfriend".... thye can bite me! lol, I love Edge :hug:

I've only had one boyfriend, and that was back when I was 15. It lasted for 5 months, then I moved, and have been single ever since. I just haven't found a lot of guys out there that have interested me. And I'm 19 now, getting ready to turn 20 in less than two months.

So I'd say you're not abnormal. Not at all :hug:. This gives you time to get an idea of what kind of guy interests you (look at all the celebrities you've had a crush on, for example-what are common traits in them that make you like them, and that you'd like in a guy that you were to date?), that way, when you are ready to date, you'll know exactly what you're looking for and will have less chance of dating guys you find you're not compatible with.

Don't listen to those who say that you have to have a boyfriend now or you'll be a loser or something-just remind them that what works for them doesn't necessarily work for you, and that you'll go at the pace that makes you comfortable.

Angela

I had my first bf at 15 which lasted two months then another bf right after that for a month. Both relationships if you can call them that were diasters. I haven't had a relationship since and now i am 24 and half. I have been on plenty of blind dates and tried online dating but none of them have worked out.

I personally think it is good to be single and not be one of those gils who cannot be single. I had several friends in high school who could not survive without a boyfriend. They never really got to know themselves and what they wanted in life. So you are perfectly normal.

Be THANKFUL that you don't care if you have a boyfriend. Less headaches and heartache! You have plenty of time for all of that.

Doan worry, hon- enjoy your freedom. Looking back, I wish that I had waited to date, instead of doing what everyone else was doing. Do your own thing, you'll be glad for it later on. :)

No worries, I never had any desire whatsoever to date during high school. In fact, I broke up with my bf of almost a year a few months after we started high school. I turned down the guys that asked me to date during HS (mostly b/c they were loosers anyway). But I went to a large school and dating was not a huge issue like it seems to be in smaller schools. I mean, I can think of maybe 5 couples from my senior class. No was really cared about sex/dating, seems like everyone was more into the party scene or going on expensive ski trips (I went to a mostly rich school). Also, I did gymnastics through HS and from Nov-March we praticed every night and had meets on weekends as well, plus I took lessons and went to open gyms during the off-season. I loved gymnastics WAY more than any guy.

I have a bf now (I'll be a junior in college, we've been going out for about a year and a half), but I went into college with the same attitude. I met my bf b/c we had a class together and started hanging out even though he already had a gf of three years. They had been fighting and broke up and after a while, we just started going out. It wasn't like I was lusting after college guys or anything. He's three years older than me, done with school, and would probably rather settle down, but I insist on finishing school un-married and un-commited b/c I just want to spend a few years living with my friends and just chilling out while I decide what I want to do with my life.

sounds to me like you're smarter than the average 16 year old. there's nothing odd at all about not wanting to get involved in all the drama. enjoy school, enjoy your friends, and have fun. that's what being 16 is all about.

Back
Top Bottom