Pleban Girls Party - We're ready for OUR interviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami0201 said:
OMG I got a 65% on my history test today :sad: :ohmy: :(

this is SO BAD. I really thought I got a B/C the lowest :censored:

Aww :hug:

I've had many a bad grade :|

I got a politics essay back a few days ago....

11/30....now thats pretty crap! :lol:

I got a C+ on my lit essay though :drool:......i know its not great but it was one of the highest in the class and i joined 5 weeks late so i dont think i did too bad! :D

sami0201 said:
OMG I got a 65% on my history test today :sad: :ohmy: :(

this is SO BAD. I really thought I got a B/C the lowest :censored:
Awwww :hug: Try not to stress about it too much. There will be lots of opportunities to bring your mark up. :)

What did your mom think of the show? I read that she enjoyed it, but did she really get into it? Was she jumping around? :)

BG - Regardless of any other info about upside down crosses, good or bad, they are a symbol chosen by the Satanic church and therefore, IMO something worth being frightened of. :hug:

But Russty - You won't ever hear me say not to use any image or words or anything in your expression of yourself, either

VintagePunk said:

Awwww :hug: Try not to stress about it too much. There will be lots of opportunities to bring your mark up. :)

What did your mom think of the show? I read that she enjoyed it, but did she really get into it? Was she jumping around? :)

:lol: She was jumping around a bit, yeah. To be honest I didn't really look at her :laugh: But it's hard for her because she has that thing...ehm....fibro myalgia? (sp?)

but I heard her on the phone with my aunt before saying that it was amazing and so worth it and she brought pictures to show her friends at work today! :)

bono_gal said:

OMG!

Where exactly are you Russty?

I watched Missisippi burning the other night and seriously, i turned white.

My mum said she was looking over at me and she said that it looked as if it'd had a big effect on me......but i had to watch it, a "face your fear" sort of thing. I had to watch Oh brother where art thou in school last year and that freaked me out too.

The fact that people are so overcome by this needless hatred is frightening. If they ever paid any attention to the bible's teachings then they would probably get that the idea is that god loves all his creatures regardless of race/sexuality/culture or whatever else these shameless pieces of crap judge others by.

But i think that the upside down crosses are a bad thing in most cultures russty. It makes me shiver to think about what they represent. But, I have to say that i'm only getting this from newspapers and the tv, media sources which are nearly almost wrong.

Did any brit gals ever watch the programme "May 33rd"...that was about the whole upside down cross thing :yes:

I live in a smaller community in Northern California. Our town is called Redding. Sadly we still have some people here who think somehow they are better then others. Last year when the cross was set on fire on the lawn of an African American family it caused a huge uproar. Thankfully a ton of people let the family know that not everyone thinks that way and that they are more then welcome here. There was actually a march thru there neighborhood that week to show that, that type of crap will not be tolerated. :heart: For once it made me proud to know some of the people in our town.

sami0201 said:

:lol: She was jumping around a bit, yeah. To be honest I didn't really look at her :laugh: But it's hard for her because she has that thing...ehm....fibro myalgia? (sp?)

but I heard her on the phone with my aunt before saying that it was amazing and so worth it and she brought pictures to show her friends at work today! :)

Glad she had good time!! Maybe that will mean even more shows in your future? :shifty:

Sad_Girl said:
BG - Regardless of any other info about upside down crosses, good or bad, they are a symbol chosen by the Satanic church and therefore, IMO something worth being frightened of. :hug:

But Russty - You won't ever hear me say not to use any image or words or anything in your expression of yourself, either

Way to make me not frightened darlin! :laugh:

It does really scare me, but whats werid about it...is that im intrigued!

I've just realised how weird that actually is :|

Whats the satanic church?....well apart from the obvious.

Russty Cat said:

I live in a smaller community in Northern California. Our town is called Redding. Sadly we still have some people here who think somehow they are better then others. Last year when the cross was set on fire on the lawn of an African American family it caused a huge uproar. Thankfully a ton of people let the family know that not everyone thinks that way and that they are more then welcome here. There was actually a march thru there neighborhood that week to show that, that type of crap will not be tolerated. :heart: For once it made me proud to know some of the people in our town.

We have a very active neo-nazi/skinhead group near here. :slant:
they participate in some community things, and there has been a big issue over whether or not they should be allowed to participate and in one case, whether they could get the recognition award certificate other groups get when they participate. :sigh:
so, anyone want to guess which side the Civil rights people were on? :crack:

Sad_Girl said:

I never realized that they were a satanic symbol. I just did them that way cuz they fit in the picture. :lol: Hmmmm I may have to paint over them. I don't want people to think that I was implying something. I could change them to stars or something more vague. :yes:

bono_gal said:

It's run like a corporation, from what I understand; with ties to a lot of big name companies; though most of the people involved don't really know that. It's hard to know what is speculation and what is fact, really. It's not a world that is easy to investigate and research, but it's basically just like it sounds.

Russty Cat said:

Yeah, thats true.

:madspit: those people though. What :censored: right do they have to burn a cross on somebodys lawn?!!?

I'm gald your community made them feel welcome Russty :heart:

How scared must they have been though? To know how much people hated them....just for the colour of their skin?

A guy was murdered here a few months ago.....axe to the head. He was a friend of New Boy's actually. The case has gone very high profile because people believe it was a racial attack.....i actually dont think it was a racial attack but thats my opinion :shrug:

They've got a few guys standing trial for the murder and one of them has pleaded guilty so i suppose its a plus......life imprisonment suits that b:cnesored:rd fine!

Sad_Girl said:

:eek:

U2 3
// Release Date: September 1979

Out Of Control
Stories For Boys
Boy-Girl

That is it! :dance:

Sorry I got distracted for a minute. A certain boy called me and wanted to know if I wanted to go to dinner and go to Best Buy. Hmmmm why might we need to go to Best Buy where they sell cds and dvds?!? :eyebrow:

To buy me the dvd!!!!! :rockon: We are totally broke, but Mr. Cat informed me that thanks to his already charged way up credit card we be going to dinner and getting me the dvd! :dance: He is da man! :giggle: I do have to do *ahem* something for him later though in return. :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I never realized that they were a satanic symbol. I just did them that way cuz they fit in the picture. :lol: Hmmmm I may have to paint over them. I don't want people to think that I was implying something. I could change them to stars or something more vague. :yes:

Like I was just saying - It's hard to know just what is true and what isn't; but from the glimpses I've taken into it (I won't deeply investigate into it - I can't stomach much of the stuff that comes up when you start looking, even if only some of it is real) the Upside down cross and then the five pointed star are supposedly both very commonly used

SG I don't have enough discs right now, but when we get paid in a week from Friday I'll be able to get some more and then I can make copies of all of it for ya. :yes: :D

Russty Cat said:

Oh yeah.

The upside down cross represents the opposite of heaven.....namely "hell"

It like Good vs. Evil.

One cross pointing one way and another the other way.

Do whatever fits the picture Russty!

SG- I thought you were going to say it was like some place people actualy went to worship the devil. Then again, maybe that wouldnt surprise me....theyre are some weirdos in the world.

Hi Fly! :hug: I'm doing much better now. :hyper: :flirt: :sexywink:

SG I know five pointed stars are also used by Wiccans and Pagans which contrarey to popular belief are not satanists. If I wasn't a Christian I would probably be Wiccan.

bono_gal said:

This is fascinating, BG.

I visit this site frequently for infomation about various religions. Their purpose is to offer unbiased, factual information, and to dispel myths.

You can find information about virtually any religion here.

As you can see, Satanists (or members of the Church of Satan) sound like ordinary people...they just have beliefs that are different from Christians. They're not scary.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/satanis1.htm

Russty Cat said:
SG I don't have enough discs right now, but when we get paid in a week from Friday I'll be able to get some more and then I can make copies of all of it for ya. :yes: :D

Hold off until I can send you some $$ to pay for the discs. And I won't take no for an answer! :grumpy: you're doing something nice for me, let me at least help!

:hug:

and I also have one last thing to say on the other subject; I think symbols, just like words, only have the power that you will allow them. A symbol doesn't really mean anything until you let it scare you or whatever meaning you give it.

Hi Fly! :hug: how's it going?

Russty Cat said:
Hi Fly! :hug: I'm doing much better now. :hyper: :flirt: :sexywink:

SG I know five pointed stars are also used by Wiccans and Pagans which contrarey to popular belief are not satanists. If I wasn't a Christian I would probably be Wiccan.

YOu should visit the site I just posted for BG, it's fascinating. :)

VintagePunk said:

This is fascinating, BG.

I visit this site frequently for infomation about various religions. Their purpose is to offer unbiased, factual information, and to dispel myths.

You can find information about virtually any religion here.

As you can see, Satanists (or members of the Church of Satan) sound like ordinary people...they just have beliefs that are different from Christians. They're not scary.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/satanis1.htm

Thanks for the site VP. :hug:

Your post made me giggle a bit though, cuz just the name of Satan gives me the hebbie jebbies and thinking about worshipping him really is a bit scary. I just don't get it.

But then I'm a bi-sexual Christian, which totally goes against some of the basic principles of the bible, so who am I to speak. :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

Hold off until I can send you some $$ to pay for the discs. And I won't take no for an answer! :grumpy: you're doing something nice for me, let me at least help!

:hug:

and I also have one last thing to say on the other subject; I think symbols, just like words, only have the power that you will allow them. A symbol doesn't really mean anything until you let it scare you or whatever meaning you give it.

Hi Fly! :hug: how's it going?

This one time I'll let ya. :wink: Cuz my bitch arse be way broke. :lol:

Does anyone know if you can burn music on to dvds and play them like cds?

Is everyone else enjoying the DVD? :drool:

I'm doing well SG! :hug: Working like a madwoman on clinical stuff but I had a very good day. I really connected with my patient and we had a very interesting conversation. I gave him a little "assignment" (some things to think about and write down) that I want to go over with him tomorrow. I'm looking forward to going back :up:

How's everyone doing?

Back
Top Bottom