Pleban Girls Party...Stiff? Let us lend a hand...a massage & B are the best medicine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:

Ok, I must be a nerd too because I had this discussion with someone recently. :)
:laugh: welcome to nerdville (not to be confused with nellyville)...and Stars, haven't you majored in English?? That's the single criterion for admission to nerd-dom.

(but it is an interesting conversation, and is why B-man loves women so much, I'm convinced)

ruffian said:

:laugh: welcome to nerdville (not to be confused with nellyville)...and Stars, haven't you majored in English?? That's the single criterion for admission to nerd-dom.

(but it is an interesting conversation, and is why B-man loves women so much, I'm convinced)

Oh is a major in English a passport to nerdom?! :laugh: Just because I explain the use of the color green in James Joyce's books do not a nerd make.....or perhaps they do. :wink:

See it was my grandfather who was the professor in biophysics and my father was a PhD in molecular genetics. :huh: I must have hidden Edge tendencies somewhere but they manifest Bono-style.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

Oh is a major in English a passport to nerdom?! :laugh: Just because I explain the use of the color green in James Joyce's books do not a nerd make.....or perhaps they do. :wink:

Oh...hon...um, you're definitely in if this is the case... :lmao:

chicago is a month for today. we have many things to celebrate!
:dance: :dance: :dance:

starsgoblue said:

See it was my grandfather who was the professor in biophysics and my father was a PhD in molecular genetics. :huh: I must have hidden Edge tendencies somewhere but they manifest Bono-style.

well-said! i want to steal that phrase from you. I have Edge in me somewhere (oops--don't want to make Mucca jealous; that sounded so nasty) but really, I'm all Bono on the outside. :wink:

ruffian said:

well-said! i want to steal that phrase from you. I have Edge in me somewhere but really, I'm all Bono on the outside. :wink:

:laugh:

And you're good luck, you've met the man I idolize...you must help me in my quest Ruff. I don't want to get serious dysthymic episode if he eludes me....:crazy:

Hi U2Girl!

Ruff, I wonder a lot about his mother. He seems to idealize women. I also wonder about his relationship with his dad. Sounds like a typical father-son pissing match to me, but I've read stuff that indicates their relationship wasn't as bad as Bono has made it sound. *curious*

I think perhaps the whole issue of Bono's father not talking about his mother after she died was a major point of contention with Bono. After all, you always knows how he feels about something and his father, seeming totally opposite, clammed up. Perhaps becuase Bono wasn't allowed to talk about her he had to build up things in his head about women and thier influences.... I'm sure that had a factor.

starsgoblue said:

:laugh:

And you're good luck, you've met the man I idolize...you must help me in my quest Ruff. I don't want to get serious dysthymic episode if he eludes me....:crazy:
:lol: stars said dysthymic!

i will help if i can, sweetie. here's what i did: stood on the pavement and hoped. :laugh: i wish i could say i had a big strategy...

It's a very interesting conversation that about how Bono views women, after his mother dying while he was still quite young!

Hi ruff, Jules&Stars again! I'm playing safe from now on!

have my white flag, like B! :wink:

starsgoblue said:
I think perhaps the whole issue of Bono's father not talking about his mother after she died was a major point of contention with Bono. After all, you always knows how he feels about something and his father clammed up. I'm sure that had a factor.

I remember seeing a recent interview where B said that it stunned him that his dad *never* talked about it, which must have been torture for someone as expressive and emotional as Bono...

And VP, I have never read anything about his thoughts on his mom before she died--he says he can't remember what she looked like, and that makes him sad...

Ruff, Flannagan's book goes into it somewhat, but I devoured it so quickly on the first read, I need to go back and read it again.

I do remember one part near the end where his dad was speaking to Flannagan, and sounded quite affectionate toward him, although maybe not completely approving of his lifestyle, but hey, that's a typical parent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom