Pleban Girls Party - Staring at the Hawaiian Sun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
SG :hug:

Is it wrong that I have no desire to go to Hawaii whatsoever? :reject: :uhoh: :lol:

I don't really have any strong desire to go but I am sick to death of hearing about it :grumpy:

And there's something going on with my computer - it's been IMPOSSIBLE to get online and stay on all :censored: day and I had to delete the sims (yes the entire game) and so basically I said :censored: it! I quit! I give up, I don't know what's wrong or what the hell to do about it.

I've just dumped every JPG I had saved on the hard drive, defraged it and am running virus scans :shrug: :banghead:

and my throat still hurts like a sonuvabitch and now my cough is back :grumpy:

Sad_Girl said:

I don't really have any strong desire to go but I am sick to death of hearing about it :grumpy:

And there's something going on with my computer - it's been IMPOSSIBLE to get online and stay on all :censored: day and I had to delete the sims (yes the entire game) and so basically I said :censored: it! I quit! I give up, I don;t know what's wrong or what the hell to do about it.

I've just dumped every JPG I had saved on the hard drive, defraged it and am running virus scans :shrug: :banghead:

and my throat still hurts like a sonuvabitch and now my cough is back :grumpy:

I`m sorry SG,hope you get better,and you need to listen to Gwen Stefani "wind it up":giggle: :hug:

SG, that really sucks, all of it. :hug: I'm grumpy on your behalf! I've had my share of computer woes lately. :hug:

To the tune of having a $1,200 computer destroyed. :sad: :madwife:

And it sucks about your cold, too. :grumpy: Mine hasn't been so great lately either, but then I haven't exactly been kind to myself...very busy and not getting enough rest, etc. :|

flybabe said:

I`m sorry SG,hope you get better,and you need to listen to Gwen Stefani "wind it up":giggle: :hug:

That just came on my yahoo radio and I skipped it within the first two notes. :yuck: Gwen Stefani used to be entertaining, back in the very very early days of No Doubt - for the past several years the sound of what she calls music or the sight of her makes me sick to my stomach - what a tragic waste of talent :tsk:

VP :hug: I know you understand - and thankfully things haven't gotten as bad as you've had them lately (this is my brand new computer, though which adds to the frustration)

I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling a bit crappy though. How'd the move go today?

thanks, all of you girls for listening to me bitch and moan :hug:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Which brings me to...Drea? I was just listening to Johnny Horton's Battle of New Orleans (shut up, it's a cool song! :wink: ) and Sarah heard that, and said that lines of it are in The Arrogant Worms' War of 1812. :lol: That's what we're listening to now.

:giggle: I haven't listened to that song in ages, I should :wink: *:heart: The Arrogant Worms*

SG :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

VP :hug: I know you understand - and thankfully things haven't gotten as bad as you've had them lately (this is my brand new computer, though which adds to the frustration)

I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling a bit crappy though. How'd the move go today?

thanks, all of you girls for listening to me bitch and moan :hug :

Several things. First, I vehemently AGREE about Gwen. :yes : And being that we saw Mr. Gwen together, well.... :wink: :drool :

And yeah, that REALLY sucks with a new computer. :( Just throwing out dumb ideas, but I assume you do regular spy-ware, virus checks? I run Norton utilities regularly, and it always finds a bunch of Windows errors that it fixes. It's my saviour. :drool :

The move...we had to get up VERY early this morning cause my mom gave me several pieces of furniture, and we had the movers bring them from her place to mine. :crack: Then we planned to get to her new place after the movers dropped off all the stuff (Sarah and I, I mean, my mom and sister slept at the new place last night)....got there and despite being beat, got my second wind and got a LOT done. Was really pleased with the progress. My mom and sister were beat, they've done the majority of packing, whereas I've done very little :reject: so it felt really good for me to go in there in overdrive and get things done today...they're SO tired. :heart: When I left this evening, there were just a couple of boxes of livingroom knick-nacks that can't be put away till her new curio cabinet can be secured to the wall tomorrow. :up:

I'm so happy for my mom. Her new place is gorgeous. Her and my sister have worked so hard. :)

And the whining? Oh, please. I feel like all I ever do on here now is whine, like a broken record. :reject: :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Several things. First, I vehemently AGREE about Gwen. :yes : And being that we saw Mr. Gwen together, well.... :wink : :drool :

And yeah, that REALLY sucks with a new computer. : ( Just throwing out dumb ideas, but I assume you do regular spy-ware, virus checks? I run Norton utilities regularly, and it always finds a bunch of Windows errors that it fixes. It's my saviour. : drool :

The move...we had to get up VERY early this morning cause my mom gave me several pieces of furniture, and we had the movers bring them from her place to mine. : crack: Then we planned to get to her new place after the movers dropped off all the stuff (Sarah and I, I mean, my mom and sister slept at the new place last night)....got there and despite being beat, got my second wind and got a LOT done. Was really pleased with the progress. My mom and sister were beat, they've done the majority of packing, whereas I've done very little : reject: so it felt really good for me to go in there in overdrive and get things done today...they're SO tired. :heart: When I left this evening, there were just a couple of boxes of livingroom knick-nacks that can't be put away till her new curio cabinet can be secured to the wall tomorrow. : up:

I'm so happy for my mom. Her new place is gorgeous. Her and my sister have worked so hard. : )

And the whining? Oh, please. I feel like all I ever do on here now is whine, like a broken record. : reject: : hug:

Yeah - he's much too talented to sit back and let her do the crap she does :madwife: :wink:

I use McAfee security all the time and do scans and updates regularly :yes:

that's really great that you got to help and feel so accomplished in what you got done for them, that's a good feeling :) and I'm happy to hear the new place is nice; change can be scary but can also be exactly what we need sometimes :heart:

I think we all need to have good people in our lives to whine to. we're fortunate to have each other here. :hug: And I honsetly never feel like you're whining so much as sharing what's going on.
Friends, Real friends, share the good and the bad :yes:

Drea :hug:

Crumbs just came on my Yahoo radio :drool: It's amazing how no matter what a bad mood I'm in, when this song (most U2 songs, actually) comes on - especially unexpectedly - I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside and can't help but smile :D

VintagePunk said:

Sarah has a TON of Arrogant Worms stuff on this computer. :)

Ever seen them live? :giggle: If not, you need to :wink:

I don't know if Sarah has the Toast! cd that came out last year... but I was at that show, and some of the stuff on the cd's even funnier with the accompanying visuals :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
Crumbs just came on my Yahoo radio :drool: It's amazing how no matter what a bad mood I'm in, when this song (most U2 songs, actually) comes on - especially unexpectedly - I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside and can't help but smile :D

For some reason reading this I had the visual from the dvd where Larry's talking about "Croombs" :giggle: Poor confused :larry: :wink:

Yup, drea. :D I've had a few drinks tonight. We're winning 1-0 and the 3red periossd just startered.

Wel,l now it's a tie game. :angry: Oh well, there'ss tstill time left.

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah - he's much too talented to sit back and let her do the crap she does :madwife : :wink :

I use McAfee security all the time and do scans and updates regularly :yes :

that's really great that you got to help and feel so accomplished in what you got done for them, that's a good feeling : ) and I'm happy to hear the new place is nice; change can be scary but can also be exactly what we need sometimes :heart :

I think we all need to have good people in our lives to whine to. we're fortunate to have each other here. :hug : And I honsetly never feel like you're whining so much as sharing what's going on.
Friends, Real friends, share the good and the bad :yes :

Drea :hug:

I hear she's doing one more solo album. :| Damn Gwen, and Gavin for letting her do it. :madwife : I hope she doesn't have young Japanese girls following her around this time. Wtf was up with that, anyway?? :|

I was telling Ruff and Bri, I think I was in denial about the move, then last Wed and Thurs. pretty much cried for two days straight. :reject: The weird thing is, I thought I had to be all unexpressive and stoic about it. What really helped, I think, was breaking down in front of my mom, and blurting out how I'm happy for her, but very, very sad, as well. She understood, and I think it made her feel better too...I think she thought that part of me was angry or resentful that she was moving. :reject: Anyway, after that, I was all like "okay, my brave facade has cracked, so I'm just going to cry like a whiny baby whenever I feel like it..." and since then, magically, I've been better. :wink: And seeing how gorgeous her new place is really helped. Now, I'm envious. :wink:

I agree, we all are very fortunate to have each other. :heart: that's something that I don't think new people can realy appreciate, the time and closeness some of us have developed. :yes:

And I still do feel like I whine too much these days. :reject: But hopefully, things will be looking up now...

Sami :hug: page back a bit to get the full rant on how I am :madwife:

or if you like, I will simply say I'm fine. much better now that I'm here with you gals :heart: :wink: which is also true

Back
Top Bottom