Pleban Girls Party - On a U2 mission!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Is there any reason in particular you're upset about missing school? :flirt:

I'm back...sorta. :crack:

Um...no. :angry: :shifty: :wink: Did you see my PM? :cute:

But seriously, because of other things we basically have no school next week (pep rally day, half day, standardized testing for underclassmen...) and then we are off on the 4th for Labor Day. We were in no need of a day off! And it's basically a free day for us to do nothing because it's not even going to be storming yet!! Everyone is sooo pissed.

But our A/C is already hooked up to the generator, and tomorrow morning the electrician is coming to hook up the lights, fridge, etc. So we will be rollin'. :drool: :lol:

Oh! And my dad's laptop has this new thing where as long as there is Verizon service in your area, you have internet. :drool: So I will be able to update you guys during the storm. :) (remember last year I wasn't on for like 2 weeks?)

sami0201 said:
Oh! And my dad's laptop has this new thing where as long as there is Verizon service in your area, you have internet. :drool: So I will be able to update you guys during the storm. :) (remember last year I wasn't on for like 2 weeks?)

Because in a hurricane, internet access is the important thing! :drool: :lmao:

No, didn't get a pop-up! :angry: *runs to check*

I'll also reply to the one from last night, from before I was :shifty: summoned away. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Because in a hurricane, internet access is the important thing! :droo l: :lma o:

No, didn't get a pop-up! :angr y: *runs to check*

I'll also reply to the one from last night, from before I was :shifty: summoned away. :l ol:

:lmao: It SO is!! :wink: Seriously, aren't you happy? :angry: And now that we have the generator, our outlets are powered, which means that the laptop can be plugged in. :drool:

:lol: Yes, do reply!! I told parts of it to him before and he was laughing at me!! But what worries me is that he's probably better at deciphering these things than both of us. :lmao:

So, how did last night go? :flirt:

One of my co-workers just came up to me and asked me about something. D is in her mid to late 60's, and one of her relatives was talking to her yesterday, and mentioned that she was pretty lonely. D then told this girl (who is my age) that she would give her contact info to me and this other girl I work with so she could have some people to go out with.

So a few minutes ago, D hands me a piece of paper with this info, and asks me to call her up and invite her to do stuff with me and my friends. Am I just weird, or is that a really odd thing to do?

I was a bit taken aback by D asking me to do this. Don't get me wrong, I'm always up for more friends, and meeting new people, but to tell her relative that she would give her info to me and this other girl specifically puts an awful lot of pressure on me. I don't particularly like D at ALL, and I detest calling people I don't know. I'm not going to call her just yet, but I may send her an email, if D can find that address.

What do you all think of that?

D should have asked you first.
She should not have just assumed that because her rel is the same age as you that the two of you would have anything in common enough to become instant friends.

That's a good point, GG. D knows I swing dance, and apparently her relative likes that too. However, she has a 1 yr old kid, so I don't really know how easy it would be to do things with her in the first place. :tsk: Gah, I do not like this.

Thanks Sami.

I'm going to talk to my other co-worker who was given the info, and see what she thinks. I feel like I'm stuck in a bad position. :grumpy:

back for a little while. The fish is in the steamer which has a time so i can't overdo it. :lmao:

Thora. Thats such an odd thing to do. She should have asked you first if you would mind doing something like that. You don't just assume like that. :|

Sami at least we can know you're safe while the hurricane is going on. :hug:

God this myspace is addictive. :crack: Ive spent all day on it. Now i just wanna play with it. :lmao:

D may also be living back in the day when she was young and 'moms' just did that sort of thing. My mom used to assume that since I was a cheerleader that I could help girls younger than me try out for cheer squad. She would just voluteer me out to people.

Thanks for your good advice girls. :hug: I'll let you know what happens. I'm most likely not going to call her, as I refuse to call people I don't know. It makes me so uncomfortable.

:yes: Thora don't be pushed into anything you don't want to do or don't feel comfortably with. If this girll likes swing dancing im sure she can find somewhere near where she lives where she can do that and other activities she likes where she will meet people. :hug:

bonoishot said:
:yes: Thora don't be pushed into anything you don't want to do or don't feel comfortably with. If this girll likes swing dancing im sure she can find somewhere near where she lives where she can do that and other activities she likes where she will meet people. :hug:

For sure! And why can't she find friends on her own?! Good grief. It's not that hard to do. If she just went out and joined a club, or went to a bar or did something, I'm sure she'd find friends very easily. But I guess it's easier said than done for some people.

Whatever. I'll figure something out. :) I'm definitely not going to let D pressure me into giving her a call.

ThoraSEB said:

For sure! And why can't she find friends on her own?! Good grief. It's not that hard to do. If she just went out and joined a club, or went to a bar or did something, I'm sure she'd find friends very easily. But I guess it's easier said than done for some people.

Whatever. I'll figure something out. :) I'm definitely not going to let D pressure me into giving her a call.

Exactly! :yes:

Oooh salmon will be ready in 2 minutes gotta go. :drool:

Be back later. :hug::heart:

x

greeneyedgirl said:
How many Pringles chips can you eat before you get too thirsty to eat anymore and have to take a drink?

ok, i'm bored.

:hmm: That's a very good question. I don't know. A lot maybe. I love Pringles!

Enjoy your food, Jem! :hug: See ya later.

All this talk of food is making me very hungry. I get to go for lunch in a half hour. What should I eat? I didn't bring a lunch, so I could go grab some take-out, or go to the grocery store nearby and pick something up there. :hmm:

OMG - GG - I hope not! :yikes: She'd be so incredibly scared of me! :lmao:

See you later GG! :hug:

I think I'm going to get a sandwich or a salad somewhere close. I have a big meal planned for tonight, so I should probably grab a salad or something.

ack I forgot to say I had to leave...

:drool: got some ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide.....

and then I switched on the tv.... some irish movie.... damn, I LOVE that accent :drool:

Back
Top Bottom