Pleban Girls Party - Hot and out of breath

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yes: For sure!

I got an email from a friend, and he's on the front page of one of the largest newspapers here in Vancouver! It's pretty cool, but the situation that got him and his housemates on there isn't so pretty. They're getting evicted from their residence at university because of some really stupid things. :tsk:

Hi SG! :hug:

BB - I'm not sure. I just talked with him very briefly, and he's going to send out a more detailed email with info on how we can maybe help them. It's so frustrating for him, as this is where he has lived for the last year and a bit as he's going to grad school, and if he ends up being evicted, he doesn't know where he's going to live. I'm sure I'll know more later today.

BB I saw you commented on my latest story - have you read the other three stories in the series? If not, you will probably get a little lost as it progresses

Thora - :scratch: how far in advance do they film the elimination show? :confused: I know voting lasts for 4 hours after the show ends in each time zones, so all voting is done within 4 hours of your time zone - then they have to tally them up...

besides that, I thought the show was aired live (here anyway) :sigh: how can anyone already know who will be eliminated?

Sad_Girl said:
BB I saw you commented on my latest story - have you read the other three stories in the series? If not, you will probably get a little lost as it progresses

Im going to go through them later on and read the others that you have written. The title of your latest one caught my eye as I was browsing the thread,lol.

Sad_Girl said:
Thora - :scratch: how far in advance do they film the elimination show? :confused: I know voting lasts for 4 hours after the show ends in each time zones, so all voting is done within 4 hours of your time zone - then they have to tally them up...

besides that, I thought the show was aired live (here anyway) :sigh: how can anyone already know who will be eliminated?

I'm not sure. I do know that the performance show is filmed on Sunday, then shown on Tuesday. The elimination show I would assume is filmed sometime on Wednesday morning.

Unless the DJ's have been reading spoilers from people who were at the tapings, I don't know how they could have found out.

TWoP has a spoiler thread for this show, and one week I read all the spoilers ahead of time, and knew what the performances were like before I saw the show. I hate being spoiled, so I haven't looked at that thread since. :lol:

Oh Thora I missed your last post. I honestly hope everything get's worked out for your friend. Really unfair that he's having go to through this. Hopefully there are some things that can be done to stop this eviction.

BonosBaby12 said:

Im going to go through them later on and read the others that you have written. The title of your latest one caught my eye as I was browsing the thread,lol.

well, this one is book 4 in a series called the Catalina Chronicles, and they're posted over at U2 Fan Fiction (aka WTE) under their full titles, along with the others I've written which are totally seperate stories

Bri - which have you been catching up on, Catalina or the other one? :hyper:

Sad_Girl said:

well, this one is book 4 in a series called the Catalina Chronicles, and they're posted over at U2 Fan Fiction (aka WTE) under their full titles, along with the others I've written which are totally seperate stories

Oh ok thank you! Now you really have me interested in reading your other works,lol.

BonosBaby12 said:
Oh Thora I missed your last post. I honestly hope everything get's worked out for your friend. Really unfair that he's having go to through this. Hopefully there are some things that can be done to stop this eviction.

I hope so too. It sounds like the grad students that live with him are pretty organized, so I'm sure they have lots of plans for fighting the eviction. It's just so ridiculous. I'm sure they'll get a lot of support from this article, and it might even be on the news tonight as well.

ThoraSEB said:

I'm not sure. I do know that the performance show is filmed on Sunday, then shown on Tuesday. The elimination show I would assume is filmed sometime on Wednesday morning.

:yes: It's filmed Wed morning, west coast time. I think around 9 or 10 am? What time did you hear it, Thora?

Hi everyone. :hug:

Got up at 12:15 and have been driving people around since 12:30. :crazy: I have to shower and then do some more running around...but I thought I'd spend a few minutes with you girls while I have my coffee. :drool:

VintagePunk said:

:yes: It's filmed Wed morning, west coast time. I think around 9 or 10 am? What time did you hear it, Thora?

Hello Birthday Girl! :hug:

I heard it at around 7:45-ish. So it's probably wrong, as that's pretty early. Phew. That does make me feel a bit better!

ThoraSEB said:

Hello Birthday Girl! :hug:

I heard it at around 7:45-ish. So it's probably wrong, as that's pretty early. Phew. That does make me feel a bit better!

Thanks! :) :hug:

I'm pretty sure that's too early. I always read the spoiler threads after it's over, and I think it's more like mid-morning?

I'd be sending that DJ a nasty e-mail. :angry: :lol:

Time get moving along realized just how late it is,lol. Good luck with your friend Thora. The media can be such a big help when they aren't out to exploit someone,lol,jk. Really it appears that your friend and the others are really thinking this one out. Will keep my fingers crossed for them!

VP happy birthday :hug: hope your day is going well :)

VP :hug:

16.gif

VintagePunk said:

Thanks! :) :hug:

I'm pretty sure that's too early. I always read the spoiler threads after it's over, and I think it's more like mid-morning?

I'd be sending that DJ a nasty e-mail. :angry: :lol:

I'm a bit embarrassed at how nasty it was! :reject: :lol:

See you later BB! :hug:

Thora, how did the voting go for you last night? I looked at a few pages at TWOP last night before I went to bed, and it seemed like everyone had trouble voting - page wouldn't load, and if it did, lots of errors. In 20 minutes I managed to vote 3 times, then I gave up and went back to work.

The week Sarah voted for Zayra, she managed to vote around 400 times in just over an hour!

Other than that, we've never voted, but I'm assuming it usually goes much more smoothly than last night?

I have high-speed, and voting worked fine for the most part. Occasionally I would have a bit of trouble, but I managed to vote constantly for the better part of an hour. I don't know how many times I voted for Magni, but it was certainly a lot! : D

I've voted once or twice for this show before, but certainly not as much as I did last night! :wink: My best friend was power voting for Magni as well, and we were talking on our speakerphones as we were voting. It was kinda fun. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom