Pleban Girls party - Generation U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the shower one was her last actually, yes GG! I've begun writing one myself! :ohmy: Hope i can finish it tho'! :evil: :tongue:

No GG - I was saying oops about your vcr not working!

I know Bri - He is just so completely irresistable in ANY situation! It's like you simply can't ever get 'those' sorts of thoughts out of your head when you look at him!!!! :sigh: :combust: :combust:

Interesting but good GG? :eyebrow: :wink:

Are you dying to read some more B smut? :hmm: :flirt:

FlyYourKite said:
Bri do you know if VP taped the whole thing aired on CTV?? Or did you by chance? :hyper:

I believe VP taped the whole thing :hug:
I just hope she caught the stuff at the end too (I think she did, but I'm not sure)...the greatest hits stuff
Cause they ended it with B singing one and Unchained melody....while showing clips of everything, it was quite nice :heart:
Sadly, i couldn't tape it cause I didn't have any (or enough) blanks.

But will someone remind me on monday to tape the simpsons at 9 on comedy?

Grams is here,
I'll be back in a bit.
:hug::heart:

Awwww that's a shame Bri! If i lived round the corner from you, you'd have it in your hands right now! :ohmy: :giggle:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I believe VP taped the whole thing :hug:
I just hope she caught the stuff at the end too (I think she did, but I'm not sure)...the greatest hits stuff
Cause they ended it with B singing one and Unchained melody....while showing clips of everything, it was quite nice :heart:
Sadly, i couldn't tape it cause I didn't have any (or enough) blanks.

But will someone remind me on monday to tape the simpsons at 9 on comedy?

Grams is here,
I'll be back in a bit.
:hug::heart:

:hyper: I am going to beg her to make copies for me in exchange for money or sexual favours :lol:

I'll remind you tomorrow Bri :hug:

See you in a bit!

Hey Bri... did you guys get to see everyone singing O Canada at the end, or did CTV cut away from that? Ed and Steve from BNL started it, and everyone joined in... nothing like hearing 35000 people singing it (and not at a hockey game! :lol: )

Drea said:

Fun as usual *G* They only did two songs though *pout* Donkey Riding and Excursion Round The Bay. The Hip only got two songs too *grumble* Gordon Lightfoot was his usual amazing self - I was impressed at how quiet the crowd was for him, and for Bruce Cockburn too... a lot of respect there :) Also very cool to hear people around me singing along to stuff like If I Had A Rocket Launcher for Bruce, and If You Could Read My Mind for Gordon (and hopefully the younger kids there will realize where that HORRIBLE dancey remix done for the Club 54 movie came from...)

I love that song. I've never seen the Club 54 movie, but I tend to hate remixes of songs I know from childhood because it simply doesn't sound <i>right</i> and I hate that.

Fly! :) I loved Unchained Melody too, apart from when they screwed it up towards the end&when B broke into his cute little smile, well i just melted completely! :combust: :combust: :combust:

Ok, just went to live8live.com and now I'm crying forthose little ones who lost their parents. I hope that video upsets other people as much as it does me.
So, I'm gonna go for a bit girls.
Its just not right.......

FlyYourKite said:
I didn't see that Drea! :angry: That would have been amazing. Canada :heart:

Unchained Melody made me cry :sad:

The very cool part was that when we got to "God keep our land..." I could just barely hear someone from Les Trois Accords singing the French version :)

I'm off to bed everyone, so nite&you're so right about that GG! :wink:

TTFN! :wave: ;)

FlyYourKite said:

:hyper: I am going to beg her to make copies for me in exchange for money or sexual favours :lol:

I'll remind you tomorrow Bri :hug:

See you in a bit!

:giggle:
One day I have to have a clandestine meeting with her at Ikea....and then she'll load me up with U2 stuff...
And then I'll love her forever...
Ad I suppose owe her sexual favours......with me, not B...I won't give him up.

:lol:

Thank you! :hug: VP asked me to...and I want to do it too....but I'm rather forgetful :p

Drea said:
Hey Bri... did you guys get to see everyone singing O Canada at the end, or did CTV cut away from that? Ed and Steve from BNL started it, and everyone joined in... nothing like hearing 35000 people singing it (and not at a hockey game! :lol: )

They did show that! It was really amazing............and I may have sang along :shifty:
:heart:

*kicks ABC for it's stupid highlights* Ok, guys. I'm all caught up. Missed so much fo U2's stuff. saw like half o hte st peppers. Okay maybe a wee bit more than half but not the whole song. Still pissed taht they did that like all night to everyone who wasn't a philly performer.

CeeCee said:
*kicks ABC for it's stupid highlights* Ok, guys. I'm all caught up. Missed so much fo U2's stuff. saw like half o hte st peppers. Okay maybe a wee bit more than half but not the whole song. Still pissed taht they did that like all night to everyone who wasn't a philly performer.

I saw alot of people complaining about the States coverage.
That's really a shame too. :tsk:

But....
I have decided that I love CTV :heart:
Cause imho, thye did an an excellen job covering not only Barrie, but a lot of the acts around the world. And anything not hit during the day, seemed to pop up in the greatest hits. So kudos to them :applaud:

I'm sure you can get a tape of someone. :)

And Drea, I'm very glad they showed that. It would have been a huge shame if the hadn't. It was a great moment.

be back in a few :hug:

:giggle: It's probably very bad of me, but I just cracked the hell up when Dan Ackroyd and Tom Green said they were going to "go to Las Vegas now" (when they were about to intro Celine) and that's all it took for people to boo! :laugh: I will admit to having my discman on during her way-the-hell-too-overdramatic speech and the song.. But even at volume 4, with my hands over my ears, she was still drowning out Robbie Schaefer! :mad: I was telling Mel (the fellow U2_GTAer who gave me her extra ticket) that I should've brought AB with me instead! :wink:

Last edited:
Drea said:
:giggles: It's probably very bad of me, but I just cracked the hell up when Dan Ackroyd and Tom Green said they were going to "go to Las Vegas now" (when they were about to intro Celine) and that's all it took for people to boo! :laugh: I will admit to having my discman on during her way-the-hell-too-overdramatic speech and the song.. But even at volume 4, with my hands over my ears, she was still drowning out Robbie Schaefer! :mad: I was telling Mel (the fellow U2_GTAer who gave me her extra ticket) that I should've brought AB with me instead! :wink:

I saw flashes of her on the news and I was thinking of the time she tried to do AC/DC and I wondered what she thought she was doing there cause rock she isn't. She's in the same genere with Phil Collins if you ask me. And Drea, what's a U2 GTAer?

CeeCee said:

I saw flashes of her on the news and I was thinking of the time she tried to do AC/DC and I wondered what she thought she was doing there cause rock she isn't. She's in the same genere with Phil Collins if you ask me. And Drea, what's a U2 GTAer?

U2_GTA is a yahoogroup for Toronto and area (GTA = Greater Toronto Area) U2 fans :)

ACK! Someone help me! I've got Fly ear wormed! I'm sure it has nothing to do with having watched it four times today and at least 3 yesterday... but I don't have the CD *sniffles* Help, help! I've been Fly'd!

Back
Top Bottom