PLEBA Girls Party: No One Can Take The Place of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:

Oh, that's so cute!!!

I don't think either of you guys were born when this skit was originally on SNL! But it was really a lot of fun to watch.

And I would love to go out with a guy like Steve Martin...funny, and another Silver Fox. :reject:

I was barely alive during the Second Golden Age of the '90s Greats:

Dana Carvey
Phil Hartman
Mike Myers
Chris Farley
Adam Sandler
David Spade
Kevin Nealon
Chris Rock

but I did get to enjoy the Bronze Age of 1999-2004:

Will Ferrell
Tim Meadows
Chris Kattan
Darrell Hammond
Molly Shannon
Rachel Dratch / Harry Potter
Amy Poehler
Tracy Morgan
and ok...maybe Jimmy Fallon

LemonMacPhisto said:

ASTRONAUTS TO THE MOON?

coneheads26kd.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

"We are from France!" "Consume mass quantities!"

:laugh:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Joshua Tree Bono :rockon:

he needs an arm sling though, right? :wink:

I saw Bono at Madison Square Garden do a concert with his arm in that sling. He said something to the effect of we weren't getting the entire show because his arm was in the sling, but he'd try to make it up to us!

Diane L said:

I saw Bono at Madison Square Garden do a concert with his arm in that sling. He said something to the effect of we weren't getting the entire show because his arm was in the sling, but he'd try to make it up to us!

Free pizza for everyone!

:macdevil:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:lmao: *shakes head*

The Not Ready for Prime Time Players. Best. SNL. Era. Ever.

Steve Martin was one of the greatest guest hosts ever on SNL. I could sit here for 15 or 20 minutes and type out memories I have of skits he hosted or bits he did on SNL ... good times.

On the Rattle and Hum outtakes, theres a part where Paul is asking Edge how much trouble it is going to be that because of Bono's arm being in the sling, he can't play the guitar...

:lmao:

Edge laughs :lol: and is like, no, trust me... it'll be fine :lol:

jobob said:

The Not Ready for Prime Time Players. Best. SNL. Era. Ever.

Steve Martin was one of the greatest guest hosts ever on SNL. I could sit here for 15 or 20 minutes and type out memories I have of skits he hosted or bits he did on SNL ... good times.

My List of the Greatest SNL Hosts + My Fave Sketch of Each Host
------------------------------------------
Steve Martin (Theodoric, Barber of York)
Alec Baldwin (When He Molests Canteen Boy)
Christopher Walken (The Continental)
Tom Hanks (That Guy with Jon Lovitz)
John Goodman (as Linda Tripp)

hands down :rockon:

Sad_Girl said:
On the Rattle and Hum outtakes, theres a part where Paul is asking Edge how much trouble it is going to be that because of Bono's arm being in the sling, he can't play the guitar...

:lmao:

Edge laughs :lol: and is like, no, trust me... it'll be fine :lol:

:lmao: Awwww! :cute:

Poor B...no one appreciates his unique style. :wink:

Is this on the dvd somewhere? Another thing I've missed?

what show....24? Mr. Dis just screamed that from the bedroom..."this is Intense!!!" ...:shifty: he was talking about the show of course...

~BrightestStar~ said:

:sad:

*eats some ice cream.....packs bags for Cuba*

Now, there's one difference between Canada and the USA: Your government is still liberal enough to let you go to Cuba. Hell, they'll still let you buy and smoke Cuban cigars. They're telling people that even if a US citizen crosses the border into Canada, he (or she) still can't legally buy a Cuban cigar because of our trade embargos on Cuban goods. Like they're gonna enforce them anyway. :huh:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:sad:

*eats some ice cream.....packs bags for Cuba*

Did you see that thing I posted earlier? Is it ture that even if the conservatives had more seats, Martin is still technically PM unless he steps down?

I need ice cream too - hold me. :scream: :sad:

I'm not sure. :sigh: But if it were true, he'd have to step down.

Dismantled said:
what show....24? Mr. Dis just screamed that from the bedroom..."this is Intense!!!" ...:shifty: he was talking about the show of course...

:lmao: Yes!

are you sure :shifty: :wink:

It's the kind of show that keeps you on the edge of your seat for the whole hour :ohmy:

sami0201 said:

:lmao: Yes!

are you sure :shifty: :wink:

It's the kind of show that keeps you on the edge of your seat for the whole hour :ohmy:

:lmao: Yes....

he just got hooked on that show recently...he is GLUED to the TV ...he's like this :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: the whole time, I cannot get into it.

jobob said:

Now, there's one difference between Canada and the USA: Your government is still liberal enough to let you go to Cuba. Hell, they'll still let you buy and smoke Cuban cigars. They're telling people that even if a US citizen crosses the border into Canada, he (or she) still can't legally buy a Cuban cigar because of our trade embargos on Cuban goods. Like they're gonna enforce them anyway. :huh:

Silly Americans :tongue:

I remember watching a movie once about how Canadians were fully exploiting the advanatge, and were doing quite a bit of successful business down there.
Which of course P'eeved the US gov't, cause they wanted to have thier cake and eat it too. Tsk.

Back
Top Bottom