Pleba Girls Party: Baby, get in the shower...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh you know I must be bad when my six year old walked in with tissue and told me not to cry, that we would fix it. She has seen me cry so much lately and she doesn't have a clue why. But she is great at handing out tissues and hugs. I wish it was always that easy to fix.

Sorry I went off the deep end a bit. At least I've stopped screaming and throwing things. :giggle: That was getting a bit costly. :wink:

:hug: I'm feeling better, thanks for asking. Got some sort of tummy flu, but I'm starting to be hungry for ice cream, so I think I'm over the worst of it :D

It did prevent me from accomplishing a whole lot today but there's always tomorrow :)

Russty Cat said:
HI Ruff! Glad your checking in and having such a good time! :hug:

Jemma :hug: Thanks babe. You would think it would fade over time. But I think I just get angier and angier as time goes on. Maybe I'm to naive, but I still believe in love, hope, peace, and equality for all people. You'd think after all the pain and dying I have seen all over the world that I would have lost hope, but in a way it just makes me want it even more. And I don't know what a sick poor housewife in middle America can do. But by the time I leave this earth, i'm going to make someone hear me! I'm going to kick and scream till at least one person hears the voice of the forgotten.

:hug: we might not know as many powerful people as B but we can all do little things that might help, eg the emails, texts, letters to people in power! voluteering for projects, joining in marches, rally's eg the one in edinburgh for G8 etc we can doo all these things to show the people who make these decisions that people DO CARE

not sure if i put that well but i'm tired and am sure you'll know what i mean :huh:

:hug:

bonoishot said:

wish i you could have sneaked me in to that 2nd tiwck, still :sad: at missing wild horses by a day :madspit:

not long till dublin :hyper: excited even though not going to show now

hey SG :hug:

bye ruff :wave: have a fab time

I'll sing it for you :whistle:

You're dangerous 'cause you're honest
You're dangerous, you don't know what you want
Well you left my heart empty as a vacant lot
For any spirit to haunt

Hey hey sha la la
Hey hey

You're an accident waiting to happen
You're a piece of glass left there on the beach....

Congrats Darren!!! Woohoo! :hyper: :dance: I have no doubt that Larry loves ya! :wink:

SG I'm glad your doing better. And like you said things will always be there tomorrow.

Boy you guys didn't know you had a hippie/activist in your midst! No worries I've put her back in the box for now. She gets a bit in the way when its time to make dinner. And you can blame my mother the original hippie activist from the 60's. In her own time and in her own way she has changed lives for the better. Something she said to me once sticks with me always "Our maker puts us all here for a reason, for some its a split second in time. For others its to change the free world. Remember to always have your eyes open for that moment." :heart:

Russty Cat said:
Congrats Darren!!! Woohoo! :hyper: :dance: I have no doubt that Larry loves ya! :wink:

SG I'm glad your doing better. And like you said things will always be there tomorrow.

Boy you guys didn't know you had a hippie/activist in your midst!

I knew it :giggle: (Cuz I am one, too)

bonoishot said:

:hug: we might not know as many powerful people as B but we can all do little things that might help, eg the emails, texts, letters to people in power! voluteering for projects, joining in marches, rally's eg the one in edinburgh for G8 etc we can doo all these things to show the people who make these decisions that people DO CARE

not sure if i put that well but i'm tired and am sure you'll know what i mean :huh:

:hug:

I do know what you mean and I think the best way we can do things is like you said, use the voice we do have. I'm seriously considering trying to find out how to lobby our goverment in California for better healthcare reform for all people. And if we could make a change then move on to Washington. WE need serious changes in the way all people are treated and not being treated enough because of lack of money and insurance.

WildHoney said:
Russty we love you for who you are.Never apologise:hug:

:hug: Wild, thank you! That means alot. I've spent most of my life apologizing for how I feel and how I behave. Its a very bad habit that I'm trying to get rid of. Its so nice I can be honest with you guys. I'd never want to hurt anyones feelings here, but I can't help how things affect me.

I am very proud that I was able to not start swearing like a sailor though. :giggle: Yet another thing B and I have incommon. :wink:

SG I swear you and I need to just give it up and run away together already! :hug: :combust: :faint: :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I do know what you mean and I think the best way we can do things is like you said, use the voice we do have. I'm seriously considering trying to find out how to lobby our goverment in California for better healthcare reform for all people. And if we could make a change then move on to Washington. WE need serious changes in the way all people are treated and not being treated enough because of lack of money and insurance.

My advice...partly inspired by Bono's pragmatism, partly by my own knowledge of politics...is to start by investigating the politicians. There are several non-partisan watchdog agencies and organizations that do nothing but keep track of congressional activity. You can find out who is getting money from who, where they are spending it, who they are visiting and why, what speeches are getting made (or not made), what bills their names are appearing on (or not appearing on) and so forth. Most politicians are far more decent than the press makes them out to be, and most actually do get into politics with the hopes of helping people, ESPECIALLY at the state level. State politics is often and grueling and thankless job. But that's where I would start. If that helps. :huh:

Russty Cat said:

:hug: Wild, thank you! That means alot. I've spent most of my life apologizing for how I feel and how I behave. Its a very bad habit that I'm trying to get rid of. Its so nice I can be honest with you guys. I'd never want to hurt anyones feelings here, but I can't help how things affect me.

I am very proud that I was able to not start swearing like a sailor though. :giggle: Yet another thing B and I have incommon. :wink:

SG I swear you and I need to just give it up and run away together already! :hug: :combust: :faint: :wink:

I've had three long running nicknames
1. Sad Girl
2. Byrdie
3. Woodstock (Cuz I'm such a hippie)

Elessarian said:

My advice...partly inspired by Bono's pragmatism, partly by my own knowledge of politics...is to start by investigating the politicians. There are several non-partisan watchdog agencies and organizations that do nothing but keep track of congressional activity. You can find out who is getting money from who, where they are spending it, who they are visiting and why, what speeches are getting made (or not made), what bills their names are appearing on (or not appearing on) and so forth. Most politicians are far more decent than the press makes them out to be, and most actually do get into politics with the hopes of helping people, ESPECIALLY at the state level. State politics is often and grueling and thankless job. But that's where I would start. If that helps. :huh:

thats very good advice i think eless:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom