PGP: We Go Hard & Fast as We Play Tennis and Stalk Our Guys AROUND THE WORLD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Starts the queue. :drool:

*heads for the Adam ride* :sexywink:

Now that I'm nearly caught up (you girls couldn't postwhore while I was bored at work? :tsk:)...

...since Jerome is what I thought he might be, I know a couple stores in TO where we might find one, though none of them will be open Canada Day :lol: If you can wait for me to finish work and meet you girls, I'll play tour guide on the 2nd and find a certain dive bar where a certain musician likes to visit, I know exactly where it is - we should visit those stores anyway for a laugh, I've never been in one :lol:

If I wasn't working the 2nd I'd gather us all up and head for Canada's Wonderland where we can do all the rides (well nothing backwards for me, I get physically sick :sad:, but there's enough cool coasters I *can* ride and plenty for the thrill seekers *g*)

I'd love to do Vegas just to say I'd been there - I don't gamble and shows don't interest me, but I'm sure we'd find a party somewhere :wink:

THORA>>>

I got a LOST Question>>>>>>

Is the esp where Desmond ( only saw part of it for the first time Sat night (lost reruns here in The States) goes through a time/alt reality Loop where he meets Daniels Mom and buys the ring for Penny and then doesn't propose to here and ends up back on the island with the fail safe key truning is S? 3 ? and do you rmemebr the nameof it by ay change

Whoa, freaky!! So, I was catching up, while Sarah is watching an episode of Lost on her laptop, which I can hear. The episode she's watching is the exact one you're talking about. :ohmy: It's season 3, episode 8, Flashes Before Your Eyes.

Drea- we can always, er, blow him up in Toronto. :shrug:

:lmao: :lmao: We are so getting pictures of the inflation process. :lmao:

VeePEE!!!! :hug: How's Sarah? Were you like this-:crack: without a computer?

Deeg, hope your b-day's been a great one! :hug: Sarah's okay, thanks. I think she's finally turning the corner, things are getting less painful much of the time, not as much swelling (although the inch or two of her foot we can see is still a lovely shade of purple).

The class she was writing the test for is at 7, but she wrote it today at the office for disabled people (easier access, easier to take breaks if she needed, or put her leg up, or get up and stretch, etc). They had her come in and start at 5. It was a multiple choice, so she was done in 20 minutes, but still had to wait till 7, they wouldn't let her leave till the class started, so she couldn't run out and tell people what was on it. Yay.

I actually had her laptop in the backseat of the car, I could have gotten it out and gotten on it. I just ended up listening to music, people (and goose, ha!) watching, and daydreaming. It was a gorgeous day today. :up:

When she was done, we went to her room and I packed more of her things, loaded the car, came home, put the stuff away. I'm just having dinner now. :huh:

Drea! :hug: Oh, they're still snuggly, nothing would stop them from that! The only problem is, a few of them like to try to lie between her legs when she has them stretched out on the couch, and she has to move them away because when they get squirmy, it moves her leg and hurts her. And she's pretty sore now after the drive today, but hopefully will be better tomorrow, she has two tests on Thurs. to study for.

^It's true. How you been? (besides the usual, overworked and underpaid :lol: )

In any case, I've been feeling very isolated/invisible/persona non grata-ish lately (in general, not just in here, I mean), so it was nice to hear. :love:

Well, you just about covered things. :lol: It's been a bizarre combination of busy yet boring around here, and then there have been some stressful developments with my mom, trying to juggle too many things and feeling like a failure at all of them. You know, the usual. :)

I see you're going crazy with rehearsals and still in limbo job-wise. When are the plays going to be performed? You'll be able to have a life again after that?

In any case, I've been feeling very isolated/invisible/persona non grata-ish lately (in general, not just in here, I mean), so it was nice to hear. :love:

Well, you just about covered things. :lol: It's been a bizarre combination of busy yet boring around here, and then there have been some stressful developments with my mom, trying to juggle too many things and feeling like a failure at all of them. You know, the usual. :)

I see you're going crazy with rehearsals and still in limbo job-wise. When are the plays going to be performed? You'll be able to have a life again after that?

Aw, babe. You're always welcome here (and in mah heart!). Sorry to hear about your mom. My MIL is really sick right now too. And my grandma is driving my parents crazy! No fun getting old.

I know what you mean about juggling and failing. I remember, shortly after my son was born telling my husband "I can be a good mom. or a good teacher. or a good wife. Maybe 2 out of 3. No way in hell I can be all 3." And then I cried a lot. :lol:

My last show is May 14th, then my brother gets married 2 days later. Then I can start to relax. I have absolutely no plans this summer (besides a concert or two :wink: ) and hopefully we'll have enough money for the little guy to go to a day camp or two so it should be nice.

Looking into joining a swim challenge... :hmm: Men vs. Women, solely based on time in the water, $25,000 will be donated to prostate cancer or breast cancer proportionately depending on who wins - sounds fun.

The only pic of me from last weekend during the actual race
Picture1-1.png

Aw, babe. You're always welcome here (and in mah heart!). Sorry to hear about your mom. My MIL is really sick right now too. And my grandma is driving my parents crazy! No fun getting old.

I know what you mean about juggling and failing. I remember, shortly after my son was born telling my husband "I can be a good mom. or a good teacher. or a good wife. Maybe 2 out of 3. No way in hell I can be all 3." And then I cried a lot. :lol:

My last show is May 14th, then my brother gets married 2 days later. Then I can start to relax. I have absolutely no plans this summer (besides a concert or two :wink: ) and hopefully we'll have enough money for the little guy to go to a day camp or two so it should be nice.

Looking into joining a swim challenge... :hmm: Men vs. Women, solely based on time in the water, $25,000 will be donated to prostate cancer or breast cancer proportionately depending on who wins - sounds fun.

So sorry to hear about your m-i-l and grandma. :( Hopefully things will get better for both of them. : positive vibes:

We always have to be perfect at everything, don't we? Sometimes I think the healthiest thing to do is to settle, and be satisfied with "adequate." When you figure out how to do that, let me know, 'k? :wink:

So are you done school for the summer on the 14th, too? What a happy day that must be for you! Is your brother in California?

What an awesome way to raise money for very worthy causes. :up: And being a non-competitive thing, that means you can accrue time even if you take your son and chill in the pool with him?

Yeah, I hope things work out with your mom. Is she still having trouble adjusting to the new place? And then with Sarah on the injured list... Poor VP :hug:

If I learn how to be satisfied with "adequate" I'll make a million bucks! I'm fond of telling my kids, the week before a show, "I'd rather have it done than than right" :lol:

Not done with school til the end of May but the last couple weeks are just final choreography projects (quite a hoot to see actors try to dance!) and final exams.

I think it has to be actual laps but it doesn't matter how fast you swim, just the time you're in the pool swimming. But Owen's almost old enough to start swimming lengths (or maybe widths) with me :love:

Yeah, good news all around here. Only my mom's eventual layoff coming up. No doubt she'll use that as an excuse for me not to go to Phoenix. Have to save money. Plus I've already seen them once. Well, damnit, she used to fly all over visiting friends and going to concerts when she was my age. Why can't I do something for myself once in a while?

Yeah, I hope things work out with your mom. Is she still having trouble adjusting to the new place? And then with Sarah on the injured list... Poor VP :hug:

If I learn how to be satisfied with "adequate" I'll make a million bucks! I'm fond of telling my kids, the week before a show, "I'd rather have it done than than right" :lol:

Not done with school til the end of May but the last couple weeks are just final choreography projects (quite a hoot to see actors try to dance!) and final exams.

I think it has to be actual laps but it doesn't matter how fast you swim, just the time you're in the pool swimming. But Owen's almost old enough to start swimming lengths (or maybe widths) with me :love:

Omg, every day I keep expecting to get a call from the place telling me to get my mom out of there, that she's being thrown out. :reject: Her latest thing is that she won't get up for breakfast even after being called several times, she lies around till nearly lunch time, then she blames them for not coming to get her for breakfast, argues with them that no one came to wake her. Uh, yeah, like they're going to put up with that indefinitely. And there are other things, too. The delusions are starting again.

Oh, how do the students like doing the choreography?? Is drama (is that what it's called?) an elective at your school, so all the people in the class actually want to be there?

I bet that'll be fun for him, going to the pool with you and doing laps! You guys go together fairly often in the summer anyway, don't you? And have I ever mentioned that I *love* his name? :cute:

Yeah, good news all around here. Only my mom's eventual layoff coming up. No doubt she'll use that as an excuse for me not to go to Phoenix. Have to save money. Plus I've already seen them once. Well, damnit, she used to fly all over visiting friends and going to concerts when she was my age. Why can't I do something for myself once in a while?

If there's any way you can push for it, you absolutely should. :up: You've been through so much lately, you deserve a break to have some fun. Hell, even if you hadn't been through all that, you're still entitled to get out and enjoy yourself.

I'm sure she'll tell you you can't afford to go, but I think you really do deserve it this time. And if she's not working, she can't use the "Well, you have to stay home to help take care of Riley" excuse. I really hope you can come.

Omg, every day I keep expecting to get a call from the place telling me to get my mom out of there, that she's being thrown out. :reject: Her latest thing is that she won't get up for breakfast even after being called several times, she lies around till nearly lunch time, then she blames them for not coming to get her for breakfast, argues with them that no one came to wake her. Uh, yeah, like they're going to put up with that indefinitely. And there are other things, too. The delusions are starting again.

Oh, how do the students like doing the choreography?? Is drama (is that what it's called?) an elective at your school, so all the people in the class actually want to be there?

I bet that'll be fun for him, going to the pool with you and doing laps! You guys go together fairly often in the summer anyway, don't you? And have I ever mentioned that I *love* his name? :cute:

delusions? oh no. That doesn't sound good. My grandma doesn't have those. She just can't remember what happened 10 seconds ago.

95% of my kids want to be there, many audition to get in. They moan and groan about dancing but they wind up enjoying it - we all have a good laugh.

Yeah, we go to the pool almost every day in the summer - the one at the gym is free for both of us and the really cool community pools are only $1.50 for both of us together.

Funny story about his name: It's what my MIL wanted to name Mr.Z but right after Mr.Z was born, his grandfather came to the hospital and pretty much insisted he be named after him. :rolleyes: I wanted to name the baby Liam but Mr.Z (William) insisted he not be named after him in any form. I'm glad though, b/c there are about a million 5-8 year old boys named Liam.

I'm sure she'll tell you you can't afford to go, but I think you really do deserve it this time. And if she's not working, she can't use the "Well, you have to stay home to help take care of Riley" excuse. I really hope you can come.

:up:

delusions? oh no. That doesn't sound good. My grandma doesn't have those. She just can't remember what happened 10 seconds ago.

95% of my kids want to be there, many audition to get in. They moan and groan about dancing but they wind up enjoying it - we all have a good laugh.

Yeah, we go to the pool almost every day in the summer - the one at the gym is free for both of us and the really cool community pools are only $1.50 for both of us together.

Funny story about his name: It's what my MIL wanted to name Mr.Z but right after Mr.Z was born, his grandfather came to the hospital and pretty much insisted he be named after him. :rolleyes: I wanted to name the baby Liam but Mr.Z (William) insisted he not be named after him in any form. I'm glad though, b/c there are about a million 5-8 year old boys named Liam.

She was delusional before she moved in there, but then they kind of calmed down for a few months, and it was just memory issues. Now, it seems to be back with a vengeance. She calls me several times a day to ask me things she can't remember (what time she eats, how many meals a day she gets, etc.) and then I tell her, which is fine, but then she doesn't believe me, and she argues with me, or tells me she's going to call my sister, to confirm what I've told her. Tres frustrating. And then I get angry at myself for getting frustrated.

In high school, Sarah was part of a gifted program, and drama was compulsory for the program (leadership, public speaking skills), but it was an elective for the general high school population. Most of the kids didn't mind it, but they were there because they had to be, not because they were talented or had designs on a career in the theatre. Most of their teachers understood this and marked them accordingly, but one year they had a new teacher who was very tough on them and marked them according to their ability. That was her lowest mark in all her high school years.

How cool about his name, you made the right choice! Sarah was...unexpected. I was young, had no thoughts of having a kid at that point, so when it came to naming one, I wasn't exactly in tune with the whole baby-naming culture. Her names, first and middle, just came to me suddenly one day, very early in the pregnancy, so I stuck with them. Little did I know that every second baby girl in those surrounding years was named Sarah/Sara. Go me. :lol: To my credit, her middle name is Louise, after my dad's mother, and not all that common.

Ooh - I like Louise. (Mary Louise Parker) :up: Owen's middle name is my favorite Shakespeare character :nerd:

What a bummer that that teacher sorta tainted the growth experience that the arts can be. I grade on effort and improvement. It sometimes frustrates kids who are more naturally talented that I grade them harder but if I explain it, they get it.

Iago? Puck? :lol:

My dad's mother's name was Louise, and died right after she had him, so neither of us knew her. I thought it would be a nice tribute to her. :)

I think most of the kids made an effort, although it wasn't Sarah's favourite class or anything. Her one roommate now was in the same program with her in high school, and he's continued acting in university, he really enjoys it, and Sarah says he's very good at it. :up: His uncle is actually a professional actor, stars in a tv series up here.

Cool! I have two former students, graduated 3 or 4 years apart, who are appearing next week as Titania and Oberon in a production of Midsummer! I'm excited to see them.

Iago :giggle:

Must be really gratifying to see that they've continued on with it. :)

I need to try to get some sleep, haven't been doing very well with that lately, either. :lol:

SO great talking to you ladies, and thanks again, Zooey. :kiss: Take care!

Back
Top Bottom