PGP - Tastier Than a Dublin Mudslide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HTDAAB is probably my second or third favorite U2 album after AB and JT.

I love Fast Cars (worth the price of the collectors edition), All Because of You, COBL LAPOE, Crumbs, and Yahweh most from it. I'm finally starting to listen to Sometimes again after it being far too painful to listen to for months after my own father's death.

And I'll always like Vertigo, even though it's been overplayed.

IMHO, kids, it helps to be in your early- to mid-40s to really appreciate the life-and-death themes on the Bomb.

And since my birthdate is the anniversary of Hiroshima, I've always been interested in nuclear disarmanent. So I believe I was born to love HTDAAB (and UF). :wink:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
I just put Million Dollar Hotel back on.

*looks around for someone to seduce* :shifty:

:drool: isn't "Stateless" on there...?

let me know when you find a victim...er, participant....and then send him to me!

dog duty calls...brb

jobob said:

I love Fast Cars (worth the price of the collectors edition), All Because of You, COBL LAPOE, Crumbs, and Yahweh most from it. I'm finally starting to listen to Sometimes again after it being far too painful to listen to for months after my own father's death.

And I'll always like Vertigo, even though it's been overplayed.

I'm shocked at how ubiquitous Vertigo was, and the fact that I never did get tired of it. Great song!

ruffian said:

:drool: isn't "Stateless" on there...?

let me know when you find a victim...er, participant....and then send him to me!

dog duty calls...brb

Yes. :drool: I had a few MP3s, but just got the cd a few nights ago. I'm really, really into it.

Steamy summer nights, a bottle of wine, and B. That's what it reminds me of. :combust:

Mucca said:
I've been looking for the guitar tab for Fast Cars and it's no where :(

Vertigo and Pride are in the September issue of Guitar World, the one with you-know-who (not Voldemort) on the cover.
You probably already knew that, however. :wink:

jobob said:

Fast Cars and the Temple Bar Mix of Vertigo on the dvd with Edge rocking out on the banjo - worth every penny paid for the collectors' edition :wink: :D

Me, I love the whole album - it didn't leave my cd player for weeks after I got it *g*

jobob said:

Vertigo and Pride are in the September issue of Guitar World, the one with you-know-who (not Voldemort) on the cover.
You probably already knew that, however. :wink:

:lol:

Yes, I did. :wink: Although I haven't tried it out yet. I've been meaning to go to my friends house and hog her electric guitar for a day but she's been so busy lately.

And I found fast cars! It was actually posted in Three Chords and the Truth :lol::reject:

VintagePunk said:

Yup, I still rock out to it just like I did the first time I heard it. :lol:

First few times I heard Vertigo -- on my former car's stereo -- I just didn't get it. Couln't understand the lyrics, song sounded too fast, couldn't see it for the piece of rockin' genius it is.

Then after hearing it another five or ten times, I got it. :rockon:

Drea said:

Fast Cars and the Temple Bar Mix of Vertigo on the dvd with Edge rocking out on the banjo - worth every penny paid for the collectors' edition :wink: :D

Me, I love the whole album - it didn't leave my cd player for weeks after I got it *g*

I love the Temple Bar Mix!! Only Edge can make a Banjo look that cool :wink:

I swear after I saw him play it I wanted to buy a banjo. :lol:

does anyone have the various remixes of EBTTRT and Elevation? My friend who is in the record business just sent me a list of his U2 stuff; he has every single remix, single, promo that ever came out in the history of the band. the list made me drool!

Drea said:

Oh, yeah, totally Watched the DVD every day listened to the CD at least twice. I can rate them relative to each other, but there aren't many other songs/musicians which even come close to anything by U2 on my favorites list :heart:

Mucca said:

:lol:

Yes, I did. :wink: Although I haven't tried it out yet. I've been meaning to go to my friends house and hog her electric guitar for a day but she's been so busy lately.

And I found fast cars! It was actually posted in Three Chords and the Truth :lol::reject:

mucca, so cool that you play guitar! :rockon:

ruffian said:
does anyone have the various remixes of EBTTRT and Elevation? My friend who is in the record business just sent me a list of his U2 stuff; he has every single remix, single, promo that ever came out in the history of the band. the list made me drool!

I do. I just got the complete U2 this week :drool::drool:

Any particular mix you're looking for or would you like all of it?

jobob said:

First few times I heard Vertigo -- on my former car's stereo -- I just didn't get it. Couln't understand the lyrics, song sounded too fast, couldn't see it for the piece of rockin' genius it is.

Then after hearing it another five or ten times, I got it. :rockon:

I never heard it online before its official release, but I was fortunate enough to be in the car for the exact moment of its release to radio. It was the coolest thing; I was so excited! The station really hyped the fact that it was its first radio play ever. I listened excitedly, loved it instantly. Then when it finished on that station, I flipped around to other stations. I swear, the five other stations I have programmed into my stereo were all playing it at the very same time! Felt like I was a part of history, or something.

Mucca said:

I do. I just got the complete U2 this week :drool::drool:

Any particular mix you're looking for or would you like all of it?

mucca, i don't have my computer so wouldn't be able to save it, but thanks...do you have a favorite? my 2 favorite remixes are the mathew roberts mofo (thanks VP :heart: ) and the Perfecto Remix of Lemon :drool:

i did not know you could get the complete U2 without the ipod...i guess you can???

ruffian said:

mucca, so cool that you play guitar! :rockon:

I can't rock it out like Edge quite yet, hopefully I'll be a little better in a couple years and I've actually learned the notes properly :lol:

You should hear me do the Vertigo riff on my acoustic. It's like a dying cat moaning away. :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

Kiss me kill me gets me in trouble every time I listen to it and drive :lmao: I seriously speed to that one :reject:

I speed around to Zoo Station. Sometimes when I heard the "ready to let go of the steering wheel" part I actually let go. :lol: :reject:

Joanne, do you still want me to make an avatar for you?

VintagePunk said:

I never heard it online before its official release, but I was fortunate enough to be in the car for the exact moment of its release to radio. It was the coolest thing; I was so excited! The station really hyped the fact that it was its first radio play ever. I listened excitedly, loved it instantly. Then when it finished on that station, I flipped around to other stations. I swear, the five other stations I have programmed into my stereo were all playing it at the very same time! Felt like I was a part of history, or something.

remember when the first ipod commercial came out? i would just stand in front of the tv totally transfixed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom