PGP-Singing For Our Sanity!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm worriedabout my sister

She & her hubby have split up and i can't talk to her :sad:

She's at a hotel somewhere and isn't answer her phone cos all their friends just keep calling her. Dad has spoken to her today but i need to speak to her myself, just because she tells him she's ok doesn't mean she is. we tell each other everything so it's really hard for me.

She knows where i am and that she can call me 24/7 and i'm respecting that she wants to be alone but it's killing me cos i just want to hug her.

:hug:s for everyone!!!!! Afternoon PGParty!!!

I'm going to see It Might Get Loud tonight - Edgefest :drool:
Oh, and that cover of Blender mag, where they're in the water and Larry is shirtless is my background on my home computer. Mr.Z did not approve :lol: I have to change it tonight. Poor guy.

She's at a hotel somewhere and isn't answer her phone cos all their friends just keep calling her. Dad has spoken to her today but i need to speak to her myself, just because she tells him she's ok doesn't mean she is. we tell each other everything so it's really hard for me.

She knows where i am and that she can call me 24/7 and i'm respecting that she wants to be alone but it's killing me cos i just want to hug her.

Oh Wild, I'm so sorry. :hug: How frustrating. Can you leave a message on her voicemail or with the hotel desk? Just so she knows you're there when she's ready? Sometimes it's hard to talk to the person you really need to talk to b/c you know you'll "break down" and say things you're afraid to say aloud.

Hang in there, babe :hug:

Wild :hug: :hug: I'm so sorry to hear that. It must be killing you not to be able to talk to her, but she probably just needs some time. :yes:

Is Jamie with her? At least she spoke to your dad, so you know she's okay. :hug:

Hi girls :wave: Can't stay long. We found a retirement home for my mom, and now it looks like things are going to be moving at lightening speed. :crack: :sigh:

I'm so sorry to hear this, hon. :hug: :hug: I'll be thinking of you guys today. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you, even from all the way over here. :)

I've changed my avatar once, I think. I used to have a Larry one when I first joined, but changed it after a year or so. :lol:

ooooooh wildddddd. :(

STRENGTH to you & your Sis! :hug::hug::hug:

:hug: That's an incredibly shitty situation! Was this totally out of the blue or were you expecting it sorta?
Do you know what hotel she's in or can find out somehow so you can go find her?
I'm sure she'll answer the phone when she's ready.

The place is amazing. It's more like a resort or a hotel or something. Hell, I'd almost be willing to move in there. :lol: But, she's miserable where she is, very lonely and sad (which is not like her at all, she's one of the most positive people I know).

But, she has to give up a lot of her stuff, and there's the whole will she be happy there thing. :sigh: I've even asked her to move in with us, and she won't. I'd look for another place, one that would be more suitable for all of us, but she doesn't want to "burden" us, and, despite everything, she's still independent and wants a place of her own.

And, the social stimulation will be the best thing in the world for her, mood-wise, and in holding the dementia at bay.

It's just a shitty situation.

VP *bigwild:hug:*

Thanks girls.:hug::hug:

Yeah i knew it was coming but when i saw her Monday night she was going to hang in there. They went through a bad patch last year and she hang in there for Jamie's sake. Something must of happenedsince then.

No we have no idea what hotel she's in, just that she got to it safely. Jamie's with his dad at home tonight. To give them credit they're both trying to keep Jamie's life as routine as possible .

Dad will tell her when she calls tomorrow that i need to speak to her, my parents are going away next week as well :sigh: and ijust hope it doesn't go bad , i don't think he would turn nasty to Jess but at least if it does she can go to my brothers as her hubby doesn't know where he lives so wouldn't be able to find her.

VP *bigwild:hug:*

Thanks girls.:hug::hug:

Yeah i knew it was coming but when i saw her Monday night she was going to hang in there. They went through a bad patch last year and she hang in there for Jamie's sake. Something must of happenedsince then.

No we have no idea what hotel she's in, just that she got to it safely. Jamie's with his dad at home tonight. To give them credit they're both trying to keep Jamie's life as routine as possible .

Dad will tell her when she calls tomorrow that i need to speak to her, my parents are going away next week as well :sigh: and ijust hope it doesn't go bad , i don't think he would turn nasty to Jess but at least if it does she can go to my brothers as her hubby doesn't know where he lives so wouldn't be able to find her.

Well, at least she's safe, if safety is even a concern, and she does have options/places to go and people to turn to if she needs it. :hug:

I'm sure she just needs time to get her thoughts together before she speaks to anyone. With me, my marriage was over and done with for a few years before our actual split, so it wasn't a huge, traumatic event for me, but for people who are actually trying, I'm sure it must be really, really difficult. My thoughts are with you, her and Jamie. :hug: :heart:

Maybe they just had a row, and she needs a bit of time on her own, and she'll end up going home and they can work on it?

It's good they're trying to keep it as 'normal' as possible for Jamie. :hug: Do you reckon they give it another chance? Or are there too many difficulties?

My dad said earlier that he doesn't think they'll get back together.

And i know more about what has gone on than he does,as i said Jess & I share everything.

Basically he treats her more like his mum than his wife. He doesn't trust her accuses her of having an affair as soon as she speaks to another man. He is a nice bloke but is immature at times. My sister would never have an affair , and how on earth he thinks she could fit it in with looking after Jamie and working i'll never know.

She hasn't loved him for about 2 years and hates it when he tries to touch her.

I didn't know what to say for the best when i saw her the other night. I just told her that only she could decide what she should do and that whatever the decision i'd support her and be there for her & Jamie. :hug:

I know i've been so blessed with NI. I always feel inadequate when it comes to troubles as i ahven't had many :reject:

And i know more about what has gone on than he does,as i said Jess & I share everything.

Basically he treats her more like his mum than his wife. He doesn't trust her accuses her of having an affair as soon as she speaks to another man. He is a nice bloke but is immature at times. My sister would never have an affair , and how on earth he thinks she could fit it in with looking after Jamie and working i'll never know.

I didn't know what to say for the best when i saw her the other night. I just told her that only she could decide what she should do and that whatever the decision i'd support her and be there for her & Jamie. :hug:

I know i've been so blessed with NI. I always feel inadequate when it comes to troubles as i ahven't had many :reject:

Everyone deserves to be happy, and if being married to him isn't making her happy, then this is the best thing for all of them. It'll be rough for her and Jamie (he's young though, and kids have amazing resilience, he'll bounce back in no time), but once they go through the adjustments, they'll be better off. :)

I'm sorry to hear that Wild :hug:

This is just my opinion and I don't know the situation at all, but it sounds like she might be better off without him. From what you just said, she sounds like she hasn't been happy with him for years and she shouldn't put herself through that. She deserves to be happy. Leaving him may be the harder thing for her to do, but in the long run it might be the best thing for her and her child. She should put her and Jamie's happiness first.
I've never been married so I can't say I've been in her situation but I know what it's like to live in a household with an abusive parent for most of my life and what it's like to finally come out of that and be happy. In my opinion happiness and being at peace are the most important things to consider. That's just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom