PGP: Eating a sandwhich while It tries to break free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
_49926246_010636163-1.jpg

That's fantastic news about Aang San Suu Kyi (apologies if I spelled that wrong)...! I never thought they would actually release her.

Call me cynical, though, but I still worry that the military will change its mind (again), or restrict her (or her supporters) in other ways. I shall cross my fingers, and wait and see.

That's fantastic news about Aang San Suu Kyi (apologies if I spelled that wrong)...! I never thought they would actually release her.

Call me cynical, though, but I still worry that the military will change its mind (again), or restrict her (or her supporters) in other ways. I shall cross my fingers, and wait and see.

I know! I remember a few months ago when the rumors that she'd be released in November came up, and I was all "I'll believe it when I see it..."

It is incredibly refreshing to SEE IT. :applaud:

My first thought yesterday when they were saying she was hours away from freedom was "OMG SETLIST CHANGES". Not even gonna lie about it, either. :shifty:

I have to admit, the thought did go through my head: "Does this mean they won't need to play Walk On any more?"

:reject: :hi5:

I don't think they'll stop playing it... Even if she stays free, there's still a long way to go before Burma gets democracy.

(Edit: I should add that I don't have a problem with Walk On as a song, or a statement.)

I have to admit, the thought did go through my head: "Does this mean they won't need to play Walk On any more?"

:reject: :hi5:

I don't think they'll stop playing it... Even if she stays free, there's still a long way to go before Burma gets democracy.

In all honesty, I'm figuring they'll keep One, but maybe we'll get some sort of change. Like, instead of the masks and the bags. *shrug*

Either way, it's great news. :up:

So glad to see that Aung San Suu Kyi is released! :up: I guess we'll have to wait and see what she says tomorrow at the meeting she's holding, but hopefully they won't have put too many restrictions on her.

As much as I adore Walk On, I'd be totally okay with them changing up the setlist and putting a different song in its place. :)

Had an AWESOME time out last night. Ate waayyyy too much delicious Mexican food, had too many drinks, and laughed so hard I was choking and almost threw up. :lmao: :uhoh: :reject: I love my friends! :love:

I don't think they'll drop the song - I think they'll just change up the visuals and make it a song of celebration, rather than "Hey, let her out!"

Ugh, I hate being a girl sometime. :fist: My cycle is all screwed up right now. I just hope it makes up its mind and goes back to being regular, and soon. :angry:

I forgot that there is a hockey game tonight, and it's an early game because it's on the East coast, so that means I actually have to get up off my ass and go get my responsibility award now. :lol: I was planning on not going until this evening, when the shops/traffic would be quieter, but I guess I'm going to have to go at the height of the madness. :tsk: :lol:

No, alas! It was just hawaiian pizza (ham & pineapple with cheese of course), but quite good. :up:

I think perhaps I just wasn't drinking enough water today, which is why I felt a bit off.

I must look up more of Maru's adventures! :cute:
Ah, I love pizza hawaii. :heart: Is it getting warmer already in Oz?

:love: Maru is my new hero.
And Gg, your karate guy makes you warm up for an hour, and then you train for longer?! That's crazy... And he sounds like an arse, too.

Not my guy, he's one of the high rank dudes from the national karate federation. He just got promoted to a higher belt today for "being a good friend and always giving the national trainings". :| WTF That has NOTHING to do with karate or skill. Corrupt bullshit. Blegh. And yes, the warming up was once again one hour, and afterwards the proper training starts. We're in a new location and there's no ventilation system. Halfway I couldn't breathe anymore due to my asthma. It was fun. :happy:

I was actually thinking I need to listen to this album in anticipation for the AZ leg. :heart:

AB is just one of the all-time greatest albums by ANY artist, and it is certainly one of the best U2 albums (JT being another amazing album).
:heart: It's just my favourite album ever. It's still so bloody strong after all these years, and it doesn't matter if the songs are in album order or on shuffle, each and every one is awesome.

My first thought yesterday when they were saying she was hours away from freedom was "OMG SETLIST CHANGES". Not even gonna lie about it, either. :shifty:

I do wonder if it's gonna affect the setlist. :wink:

I am sceptical as well. The Junta will never fully release her. She has restrictions, not allowed to talk about certain topics and such. I wonder how long she can enjoy her freedom...

Lost Highway is very good! Naughty Edge!:love::love::love:

Of course!:wink:

I do not drink!!!!:lol:

Penis cake started when we were talking about a joint 40th bash for Drea, Wild and I in the Montreal thread!:shifty:

I wonder why I already thought that Wild would be involved in this somehow... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom