PG party: we'd love to run into Bono in a blind-alleyway, with a blindfold on.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Sounds like my house, Bird. I have a very overactive Chichuahua and a Dachsund who thinks she is a pit bull.

Sorry I was gone for a few, my baby woke up and needed some attention.

I would love a couple of sane cats at this point. I had to go put the two dogs in the kennel since they insisted on going out back to bark at the deer every few minutes. It was getting really really annoying! :mad: :wink:

We have two (occassionally four) Yorkshire terriers here, but sometimes it seems like twenty-two. My sister has a tank with assorted fish, frogs and snails that one of the terriers assume is for his dining pleasure. Never a dull moment.

I think I've skimmed through a few of the SIMS threads - almost makes me regret I never stole my sister's games. Like I need any more distractions.

Russty Cat said:
I would love a couple of sane cats at this point. I had to go put the two dogs in the kennel since they insisted on going out back to bark at the deer every few minutes. It was getting really really annoying! :mad: :wink:

I had a cat like that...she thought that my grandma's house (Since sold it a while after my grandma's death) was stuffy and always run out.

Picture005.jpg

Picture008.jpg

First picture is of my female cat Garfield (after the famous orange cat) and the second picture is of my male cat Mike (after Jordan).

The cat I mentioned earlier was Ali (Yes....I named her after Mrs. Hewson). I had a fourth cat along with the other three...her name was Trent (after the NIN singer).

One point...I had 18 cats in my life (15 were kittens and three of them were adults...two female and one male).

Eidolon Bird said:
We have two (occassionally four) Yorkshire terriers here, but sometimes it seems like twenty-two. My sister has a tank with assorted fish, frogs and snails that one of the terriers assume is for his dining pleasure. Never a dull moment.

I think I've skimmed through a few of the SIMS threads - almost makes me regret I never stole my sister's games. Like I need any more distractions.

We have one fish that has survived so far, thankfully. My dogs have the bad habit of messing with the wild animals that tend to prowl our property at night. Luca our doxie can't get out of the fenced area, but Charlotte can get under the fence and get to the back part that isn't fenced that is usually filled with deer, squirrels, racoons, and skunks. She has been sprayed by skunks so many times we finally started kenneling them at night so we wouldn't have to worry about it. I hate getting woke up at 3am with that horrible smell.

You have absolutely beautiful cats, Weldy! Mike reminds me of Figaro, one of the cats my sister had when she was younger. I'd love to have cats, but it's not possible where I live - too many coyotes and abusive kids. The puppies have their doggie door, so it's impossible to keep cats inside.

Eidolon Bird said:
You have absolutely beautiful cats, Weldy! Mike reminds me of Figaro, one of the cats my sister had when she was younger. I'd love to have cats, but it's not possible where I live - too many coyotes and abusive kids. The puppies have their doggie door, so it's impossible to keep cats inside.

Thanks Bird! :hug:

I try to keep them healthy...but Mike is such a lover of Human food...it's almost impossible.

And he's very friendy.

Garfield...she couldn't care less...she does meow a lot...but only if she wants me or my parents to give her attention, more food or to change the kitty litter. I like to think of her as my little prima donna.

I do have some abusive kids in my neighborhood...but I live in a Mexican Neighborhood (I know I sound a little prejucie...but some of these kids are just that...kids. And I'm sorry if I do sound a little prejudice...I'm not really. Annoying...sometimes...but never that)

Russty Cat said:
We have one fish that has survived so far, thankfully. My dogs have the bad habit of messing with the wild animals that tend to prowl our property at night. Luca our doxie can't get out of the fenced area, but Charlotte can get under the fence and get to the back part that isn't fenced that is usually filled with deer, squirrels, racoons, and skunks. She has been sprayed by skunks so many times we finally started kenneling them at night so we wouldn't have to worry about it. I hate getting woke up at 3am with that horrible smell.

Skunks? :huh: I don't think I've ever been happier that the only trouble my two get into is limited to baby birds and the occassional frog. I envy you the deer, racoons and squirrels though.

Your cats are great! I love cats! We had 12 at one point. All of them we rescued and then found homes for. We are down to one cat who is known around here as Wonder Cat, but whose real name is Missy. When we bought our first house, she was there when we moved in. I didn't feed her for a long time, cuz I thought she was the neighbors. Well we finally found out that nobody was claiming her, so I started feeding her. She was pretty mean at first, but after 5 or 6 years she mellowed out. When we moved here, we brought her with us, cuz heck after 8 years she had become part of the family. She refuses to come in the house and sleeps on the back deck. And still lets the dogs know she's the boss. :giggle:

Eidolon Bird said:

Skunks? :huh: I don't think I've ever been happier that the only trouble my two get into is limited to baby birds and the occassional frog. I envy you the deer, racoons and squirrels though.

I live right next to a Quarry with a somewhat forested area inbetween...and i get the racoons and squirrels...but replace the deer with an ocassional stray cat (I named her Tuxedo...cause her coat looks like a suit) and possums.

Russty Cat said:
Your cats are great! I love cats! We had 12 at one point. All of them we rescued and then found homes for. We are down to one cat who is known around here as Wonder Cat, but whose real name is Missy. When we bought our first house, she was there when we moved in. I didn't feed her for a long time, cuz I thought she was the neighbors. Well we finally found out that nobody was claiming her, so I started feeding her. She was pretty mean at first, but after 5 or 6 years she mellowed out. When we moved here, we brought her with us, cuz heck after 8 years she had become part of the family. She refuses to come in the house and sleeps on the back deck. And still lets the dogs know she's the boss. :giggle:

All of my cats have been rescued too....so far...I remember having a total of 24 cats (including the two current ones)...with Tuxedo...it's 25.

Mike...on the other hand...we got him at the Vet's office...he was orginally call Treat (As in Trick or Treat).

Eidolon Bird said:

The skunks are a royal pain in the bum. We haven't figured out how to deter them yet though. We've only been in this house a year next month so we are still getting use to all the wildlife.

We love the deers! We don't feed them, but we do watch them and don't care if they eat our plants. Its so fun when they come tromping thru the front garden in the afternoon. Who needs tv when you have that to watch. *happy sigh*

Darn the baby just woke up again. I better go. Its getting late and if I can't get her back to bed I'll never get any sleep.

Have a good night you two! :wave: :hug: :hug:

It was nice meeting you Bird! :D

We were adopted by one cat (he showed up on our back patio one day and never left), and have saved three more from the pound, but after moving out here we quickly found out the hard way that it wasn't a good neighborhood for outdoor cats.

I'd love to live somewhere where I could watch deer eat out of your garden. None of that for me in the desert. :(

Eidolon Bird said:
We were adopted by one cat (he showed up on our back patio one day and never left), and have saved three more from the pound, but after moving out here we quickly found out the hard way that it wasn't a good neighborhood for outdoor cats.

I'd love to live somewhere where I could watch deer eat out of your garden. None of that for me in the desert. :(

I settled for a racoon eating food that I leave for them....and watching my cats play Hunter with the outdoor birds.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I settled for a racoon eating food that I leave for them....and watching my cats play Hunter with the outdoor birds.

Our last cat taught the youngest of our puppies how to hunt birds. I thought no more cats would mean no more waking up to feathers all over the living room. Hah!

Eidolon Bird said:

All of our cats loved to bring in "presents". I think the live mouse in the piano was the most interesting (and my least favorite).

:yuck: I hate dead mice! I get scared more by a dead mouse (GERM FACTOR) than a live one

Most of the time...I see a semi-live one or a totally dead one in my hallway.

I actually stepped on a semi-live one at one time in my life...I didn't know about it until it got into my bedroom (They were playing with it)

Back
Top Bottom