Hand Prints

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Dudette

The Fly
Ive got this U2 thingy and it has a book in it, with lots of pictures and I thought I'd post their handprints. Most of you have probaly seen these and the pics arnet excellent.

Grey = Larry
Orange = Adam
Red = Bono
Black = Edge

hands003.jpg

hands004.jpg

hands006.jpg

hands008.jpg

I'm curious has to what 'U2 thingy' you're refering to!?! :eyebrow: Coz I got said book with hand prints, text and pics by the band with the delux version of How To Dismatle An Atomic Bomb cd/dvd. :hmm:

hcbiggs2002 said:
I'm curious has to what 'U2 thingy' you're refering to!?! :eyebrow: Coz I got said book with hand prints, text and pics by the band with the delux version of How To Dismatle An Atomic Bomb cd/dvd. :hmm:

lol, it was special limited edition: CD, DVD and book. I think its what you've got?

i had mine signed by Bono
it was funny, when i shoved the book into his hands he was looking like 'WTF is this ?!' and then he saw Adam's name and then his name and he nodded as to say 'This is my hand, this is where I have to sign' :laugh: it was so cute
bonosignature.jpg

Galeongirl said:
:sad: I do have the double disc version, but I never got a book with it...
Thanks for posting them :)

oh rite, a double disc? do u mean dvd and cd?

oct_31st said:
i had mine signed by Bono
it was funny, when i shoved the book into his hands he was looking like 'WTF is this ?!' and then he saw Adam's name and then his name and he nodded as to say 'This is my hand, this is where I have to sign' :laugh: it was so cute
bonosignature.jpg

That is sooo cool! My hands is nearlly the same size as bonos but he has a stubbier hand than me.

next time when i post a picture im gonna resize it so its not so big lol.

I have that too! :up: Me and Bono both have fat hands, hurrah!

Galeongirl said:

yea... the special edition... but I somehow never got a book with it :eyebrow:

oh rite, cos my dvd was inside the book, thats strange

Originally posted by Galeongirl

yea... the special edition... but I somehow never got a book with it :eyebow:

there were 3 versions (well 4 actually)
just the cd
the cd and dvd in a double disc jewel case (with a card slip case as well i think)
the special edition cd/dvd/book (thats the one with the hand prints)
and then the plain old vinyl version

you obviously have the second one - cd and dvd in a normal case

Last edited:
digsy said:

there were 3 version (well 4 actually)
just the cd
the cd and dvd in a double disc jewel acse (with a card slip case as well i think)
the special edition cd/dvd/book (thats the one with the hand prints)
and then the plain old vinyl version

you obviuosly have the second one - cd and dvd in a normal case

no i have the 3rd one but i didnt know there was 4 versions. hmm I'll have to look out for them

U2_Dudette said:

no i have the 3rd one but i didnt know there was 4 versions. hmm I'll have to look out for them

sorry that was meant for Galeongirl who said she didn't have teh book, but i accidently quoted you to start with, i've changed it now

the 4th is just he vinyl - there were 3 Cd versions though

Bonochick said:

I believe digsy was talking to Galeongirl.

yeah, i accidently quoted the wrong post first which is why u2_dudette thought i was referring to her
my bad, i've confused everyone!

yea I guess that's it then... :huh: wonder why I didn't get the special edition then since I SPECIFICALLY asked for that one! I didn't include that there was a book with it tho >< found out the day I got the cd/dvd that there was supposed to be a book in it!

well i guess a lot of retailers concidered the cd/dvd combo as a special edition because of the fact that it contained the dvd as opposed to just being a cd.
the book would have been classified as the limited/collectors edition box set i think.
in fact i think its officially known as the "limited edition deluxe set"

as far as i know despite being "limited" *cough* marketing ploy *cough* you can still pick it up in stores, well in the uk at least.
its on amazon for £15 :shrug:

Last edited:
digsy said:

as far as i know despite being "limited" *cough* marketing ploy *cough* you can still pick it up in stores, well in the uk at least.
its on amazon for £15 :shrug:

Yeah, I remember how people were freaking out about finding a copy...everybody pre-ordering it to make certain they would get one (like me). I still see them all the freakin' time at Best Buy for fairly cheap.

I have the special edition with the book as well. Though, Edge's hand is not labeled as such, nor does it have the text in the palm. I wonder why. :hmm:

^ I always wondered about that too.

The special version with the book isn't so easy to find around here anymore, at least where I live. I have never seen it in a store, ever. I had to get mine on ebay even a year or so ago. I was confused by all the versions at 1st too, I think I own 3 or 4 copies of HTDAAB now. :shrug: and I didn't even realize I had Fast Cars until months later because I had never even removed the disc form the book sleeve.

bonocomet said:
^ I always wondered about that too.

The special version with the book isn't so easy to find around here anymore, at least where I live. I have never seen it in a store, ever. I had to get mine on ebay even a year or so ago. I was confused by all the versions at 1st too, I think I own 3 or 4 copies of HTDAAB now. :shrug: and I didn't even realize I had Fast Cars until months later because I had never even removed the disc form the book sleeve.

I only got my special limited edition 2 weeks ago in asda, lol, I suppose I was lucky to find it then. I saw red and black stripes behind another DVD so I took it out and my dad bought it for my for getting good GCSE results. It was £19.97

Edgette said:
I have the special edition with the book as well. Though, Edge's hand is not labeled as such, nor does it have the text in the palm. I wonder why. :hmm:

Mine is the same; apparently there was a printing error.

Several months ago someone posted a scan of the correct version of that page and I simply tucked it into the book. Not great, but better than not having it at all because I love that Edge chose that quote.

Back
Top Bottom