Guitar Hero Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nekkie Edge

SpanishEyes21 said:
dsmith, you were wondering where this picture was taken

PN006210.jpg

Well Corbis says that it was taken at Las Cruces, New Mexico at the Las Cruces Hilton on April 7 1987.

I don't own the magazine myself, but I have seen it and this picture is in the 1987 Time magazine with U2 on the cover and U2 written in flames.

:)

~Edgette

:edge: :drool: :evil: :tongue: :combust:

IWasBored said:

oh it's not about larry....it's about edge :mac:

I see now, i hadn't quite gotten through the whole sixteen page post and just saw that as i was looking at the little topic reply thing before you post.

:ohmy: LOL i can't believe you guys. Going all gutter on me. :tsk: :tsk: :wink:. Especially you IWB! I never would have imagined this day would come! You truly have gone to the dark side!

I guess i'm the only one left here with morals. :shrug: :laugh:. I suppose hanging out on here i'll have to keep a tight rein on them!

:reject: Are edgers w/ morals allowed? :D

Uh, i think i'll run off and get some pics.

rockonedge said:

:ohmy: LOL i can't believe you guys. Going all gutter on me. :tsk: :tsk: :wink:. Especially you IWB! I never would have imagined this day would come! You truly have gone to the dark side!

it's the Larry girls. they did it to both of us.:mac:

rockonedge said:

I see now, i hadn't quite gotten through the whole sixteen page post and just saw that as i was looking at the little topic reply thing before you post.

I guess i'm the only one left here with morals. :shrug: :laugh:. I suppose hanging out on here i'll have to keep a tight rein on them!

:reject: Are edgers w/ morals allowed? :D

Uh, i think i'll run off and get some pics.

:lmao: you see, i never expected to even innocently use the drooling smiley!!

and here i find myself face first in the gutter...i honestly don't know how that happened

i've got morals, i know they're around here SOMEWHERE....

*goes to look for misplaced morals*

yes! as arw says! it's the larry girls!! i blame them and the elevation video stills! :mac:

i didn't know, the sky was this shallow

Wow. I'm having lots of trouble finding stuff thats not posted already. You all are so efficient. Heck, i bet we could probably post the entire photographic history of Mr. David "The Edge" Evans in this thread if we haven't already!! :D

No fear though, valiant Edgers! Roe has these lovelies!

*in one of those voices they use on "Behind the Music" or something* And yes, here we come to the very beginning of the colorful life of David Evans. Aww! Isn't he cute *ahem* *back into narrator voice* His first rubber band and shoe box guitars might not have been the most practical, (or projecting) but even his mother knew something magic was happening as he plunked away.
ed-baby.gif

As a teenager, Edge might have seemed like the quiet studious type to many an onlooker. But his closest friends knew that the slightest mention of either lemons or hats could whip him into a verbal frenzy.
ed-boy1.jpg

ed-boy9.jpg

*sings* but it lust may be a luuuunatic you're lookin' for!!

This is such a beautiful picture. I'm still having JT withdrawal from not getting to finish Rattle and Hum while i was babysitting last sat. :sad:
ed-jt17.jpg

ed-jt18.jpg

Yes!!! I found another explorer pic! :dance: Remember when we played follow the explorer IWB?
ed-jt23.jpg

*sings* Pianoooo maaaan....he makes her staaaand...in the aud-i-torium....lookin' on, she sings the songs...the words she knows, the tune she hums....
ed-jt24.jpg

arw, in that one pic they're looking at pictures while they're still negatives

rockonedge, i do remember follow the explorer!

and erised, :sad: no more hot edge stills? :sad: i'll take respoinsibility for my descent into the gutter, i promise!

OH MY GOSH!! I just had this great idea. I am going to make sure that i will hit Acrobat, in this thread!!! Hm i wonder if its possible. That would be cool!

Happy edge
ed-jt25.jpg

Silly edge. Notice the ripped pants. Always years ahead of the pack in fashion :p.
ed-jt27.jpg

LOL sorry to post this one again, but i just felt i had to post this because i was talking to my friend online about it.

ME: (5:40:38 PM): Edge: What are *YOU* looking at huh mister? I could take you on. Holla! I make this flowered shirt look GOOD. *posts link for friend to see*

336%3A238323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2328%3D7%3A%3A%3D66%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E2323379%3B73473ot1lsi

MY FRIEND: (5:42:55 PM): hahahahahhaha
(5:43:00 PM): attitude, baby!
(5:43:03 PM): it's what carries the shirt

IWasBored said:

and erised, :sad: no more hot edge stills? :sad: i'll take respoinsibility for my descent into the gutter, i promise!

:tsk: Sorry, no more hot Edge stills for you ladies....

... until you all take a COLD shower and cool off a bit. :laugh: :p

Then we can get back to the gutter biz again :macdevil:

i sent that video clip over im to a freind and she watched and the only thing she said was "edge doesn't strut the same way the other models do"

i don't know what that was supposed to mean :mad:

i should go try to find some more pics cos i haven't posted any in several pages :ohmy:

arw9797 said:

well :der: I know that! the other half of the picture! it looks like Bono is about to attack our sweet little Edgie.

that is not a part of the gutter that i will ever willingly venture into :tsk:

i know that's not what you meant! yeah that's kind of funny...now i want to know what they're doing...thing is, i never looked at the other side of the screen during that part of the video :lol: well i did look to that part of the screen--edge is over there and i knew that, but i never checked what bono was doing...i didn't notice that he or adam were even in the picture :ohmy:

erised, that's mean :sad:

arw9797 said:
This is for IWB......I'll give you three guesses what this is from and the first two don't count......

A_266.jpg

i knew what that was before the hint!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

that is the best solo EVER.

IWB I think you need to stop talking and start posting some pictures!!!!!

.....and I agree with what you said about the LIB from the stay single......

arw9797 said:
IWB I think you need to stop talking and start posting some pictures!!!!!

i know, i know...working on it

*sings* big mouth la la la la big mouth strikes again

you know, that song has a fairly edge-like guitar part...

I've helped drag people into the gutter... this is an emotional moment! :sad: I'm proud of me! Though Erised did all the work...

ok, i'm going to try to not repeat pictures while dedicating this post to the sexiness of edge's arm. which means that THE arm picture fomr the fly will NOT be present as it has most definetly shown up before...but don't let that scroll past these pictures!

why the bloody hell do i feel like a circus announcer after that intro?? :shrug: on with the pictures!

bef20.jpg

ok enough for being serious...did this show up yet? it probably did..but i don't remember seeing it...and i've read this whole thread a few times

bef59.jpg

Back
Top Bottom