Forum nicknames

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valentina

War Child
Hi U2 people/plebans

I'm starting this forum for everyone who want to give an explanation for the name he/she chose to use in this forum

Here's my reason: Valentina IS my real name, but actually a very few people use it! I'm better known with little nicknames such as Val/Pre/Nina... and other I can't translate!!! I chose to use my name 'cos of the fact it's something near to Cupid/Love...

But also because of "A room at the heartbreak hotels"... the first time I heard it, when I heard the lines
"You want the truth but you need the lies...
Like Judy Garland, like Valentino...
you give your life for rock'n'roll"

I nearly collapsed there!!

So now, what about you?

I didn't want a name specific to U2 b/c I use this name on every forum I visit. My real name is special or anything. It's just what I like to do :shrug:

Vert is the French word for "green". I put an "e" on the end of it to give the appearance of a feminine name. Then 76 because it's the centennial number of my country, the U.S.

Came from me hearing a line in "Angel Of Harlem" (my favorite U2 song) wrong way back when I was just getting into their music-instead of "Blue light on the avenue", I heard "Moonlight on the avenue" at first. And even though I knew the right words by the time I signed up here, I still liked the misheard lyric, and voila! Moonlit_Angel. :).

Angela

i like the fact that it reads back to front. Im a female adam fan, and my friends used to call me Madam Clayton. Thus, madamadam was born.

That man has such a way with women :wink:

It's a nickname three completely separate groups of friends started calling me.

Some I used to know in high school gave me the name Meegannie because I didn't have a nickname.

I really like the name Valentina. :)

meegannie said:
Some I used to know in high school gave me the name Meegannie because I didn't have a nickname.

I love the male version of that name... Valentino/Valentin... That was my grandfather's name and if I ever have a baby boy I'm going to give him that name.. :)

As regards my forum name. Niamh and Saoirse are 2 Irish names I like. Niamh means Bright, lustre. And Saoirse means Freedom. So there you go... :D

I was watching an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on TV a few years ago and it amused me how a character on the show, Cordelia, had a licence plate that read "Queen C." I remember thinking that it would be really cool for me to get a customized licence plate like that when I'd get a car, except that it'd be a 'B' for my first initial. So, I ended up using "Queen B" as my alias at a few message boards when I registered here I decided to change it to "Queen Bee" because I thought it was clever.

And on another note, I have an extreme fear of bees. :yikes: My avatar is a spur of the moment thing I made on Photoshop when I was bored.

I'm a Madonna fan most of the time. It's also a play off the idea of the Madonna and Child, only with the popstar being the Madonna in question.

Bammo is an abbreviated version of my surname, and my brother used to get called it at school. Then when my bro signed up for an email address, he used bammo as his user name. When I signed up for one, I couldn't think of anything, so I just used bammo2. Now I'm bammo2 everywhere, and all my friends call me bammo as well :D

meegannie said:

Thanks a lot!
Even if it's a very common name here in Italy and I don't like it that much!

Pretty nice stories from all of you! Thanks for sharing!

I was a huge Queen-fan in my early teenage years ( <--- makes me sound *so* old! :huh: ) and everywhere I went on the net (forums, chatrooms etc.) I called myself Mercury. Named after Freddie firstly, but also after the roman god and the chemical element...

... I eventually grew out of Queen and their music (for several reasons), and got very much into a certain little Irish rockband (somone might even say I became fanatic, but... :shrug: :lol: ), but still kept the name Mercury when I started going to U2-related sites...

... but at a certain point I got tired of all the Freddie references (I did think it was funny in the beginning, but not in the long run) and everyone did shorten it to Merc anyway so, thats the story of name I signed up with...

Merc said:
I was a huge Queen-fan in my early teenage years ( <--- makes me sound *so* old! :huh: ) and everywhere I went on the net (forums, chatrooms etc.) I called myself Mercury. Named after Freddie firstly, but also after the roman god and the chemical element...

... I eventually grew out of Queen and their music (for several reasons), and got very much into a certain little Irish rockband (somone might even say I became fanatic, but... :shrug: :lol: ), but still kept the name Mercury when I started going to U2-related sites...

... but at a certain point I got tired of all the Freddie references (I did think it was funny in the beginning, but not in the long run) and everyone did shorten it to Merc anyway so, thats the story of name I signed up with...

LOL, such a long story for a short name. :p.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL, such a long story for a short name. :p.

Angela

:lol: I know!

... but getting me started on talking about Queen, U2, HIV/AIDS and skiing is like pushing the play-button on a stereo and then not knowing where the stop-button is! So now you know - be aware! :wink:

my nickname is very simple.... from dj muggs :love: :drool: :combust: (scandalous :D) one of the guys of cypress hill :bow: :)

but i use my other nickname -U2zoogirl- sometimes :D it comes from the zoo tv stuff :)

dj_muggs_0030.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom