Conan's show LIVE?!! OR taped like letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's gotta be taped...all of those shows are taped in the afternoon and aired at night...do you really think Conan, or anyone, wants to be up taping at 12:30? I know i don't

Carek1230 said:
They probably tape 2-3 shows in one day like most of them do.

Actually it's just one a day.

I've been to both Jay Leno and Conan. For Conan, we had advanced tickets. (Harrison Ford was the guest :drool: ) We had to arrive about an hour and half before. After everyone was lined up in the hallway they told us the rules for being inside the studio. Then we probably sat for another hour waiting for Conan to come out to say hi...and soon after they just start to tape at about 5:00. Basically what you see on the air is how it goes in the studio. They pause for commercial breaks and that's really it. The guests leave and you never see them again :sad: My friend really wanted a picture with Harrison but we only saw him on his segment and that was it. :(

LightMyWay60 said:

I was confused about this too...does anyone know which day it is?

I looked at NBC's web site a while ago, and it was definitely not listing U2 as tonight's guests, so I'm hoping it is Thursday night. But I will set the VCR tonight, just to be on the safe side! :yes:

i'd luv to see the writers write u2 into some hilarious skits... its been done- i think ive seen them write other artists in some pretty funny bits before (i remember a sting one) .... they could do a "celebrity secrets" segment with all 4 guys ... those would be great!
so happy i check this board! : phew:
i could have missed out on something ive been wanting to see for a while...

It's taped usually around 4-5 in the afternoon and shown later on in the evening 12:30 or 1am. That's why they say Friday Morning.
So set yer vcr's for 12:30am.
YES stalking the studio time!!!!!!:laugh:

Could anyone make me a copy of this after?I don't know if it would work actually cause I'm in the UK and systems are different... I really want to see this though lol! :(

letterman tapes every show day of except for friday's show, which he tapes on thursday. i'm guessing conan follows a similar schedule. seen him three times.

the show will tape tonight probably around 5:30-6:00, to be aired at 12:30am tonight/tommorow morning. 12:30am friday morning is still thursday night in tv land.

thesuburbskill said:
they could do a "celebrity secrets" segment with all 4 guys ... those would be great!

I would pee myself from laughing if they did that!!!

I'm going to stay up past my bed time to watch U2 tonight!

MsPurrl said:
So . . . since it says Thursday, October 6, and the show is on after midnight, is that tonight or tomorrow night??? :scratch:

forgot to say thanks :happy:, arw!

may not make it for the arrival :grumpy: a sudden issue that i have to try & get fixed came up :madspit: , but i'll be there by around 5-5:30 to see them leave later on.

I need to keep asking - will someone send me a copy of this show please? pretty please?!

:wink:

edge2000.jpg

kellyahern said:

reports are that he did rehearse the skit with Conan :hyper:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

seriously - when I found out that they were going on the show Edge and the year 2000 was the first thing I wanted to see :drool:

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

seriously - when I found out that they were going on the show Edge and the year 2000 was the first thing I wanted to see :drool:

In EYKIW, people were talking about the setlist. I was like, "Screw the setlist! Edge is probably going to do In The Year 2000!" :rockon: :wink:

Plus, it shows that Conan and his writers are smart people and U2 fans. An average host would probably pick Bono for the skit, but Conan realized that The Edge is the perfect choice for that skit. :nerd:

Last edited:
I've never really watched Conan. :reject: The one good thing that came out of me being sick for 5 months was being left with a healthy sleeping schedule, so I can barely stay awake until midnight, but of course for U2 (or rather, Bono), I make an exception! So it starts at 12:30am tonight (technically, Friday morning), EST?

HE IS DEFINITELY DOING IN THE YEAR 2000. I JUST SAW THE PREVIEW ON NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kakvox said:
HE IS DEFINITELY DOING IN THE YEAR 2000. I JUST SAW THE PREVIEW ON NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, for those of us who have never seen this show, what exactly does that mean?

Back
Top Bottom