Bono's Mercedes for sale on Ebay...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
Any Plebans interested? :shifty:

Pick up Bono's vintage Merc in ebaY auction

(Sunday Mirror Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge) BONO fans can get their hands on his former 'One' love - his beloved Mercedes Benz.

The vintage 1980s Merc 450 has been put up for sale on e-Bay by present owner Cork businessman Stuart Matthews.

Big-hearted Stuart will donate anything raised over EUR30,000 to kids charity Chernobyl Children's Project. Bono's wife Ali Hewson is a patron of the charity.

Stuart paid EUR32,000 at an auction for autism sufferers in 2002.

Now U2 can help a worthwhile charity.

Stuart said: "There were a lot of people bidding for the car but there was no way I was going home without it.

"I fell in love with that car the minute I saw it. Now the car is up for auction again and we feel sure it is going to be a big a hit.

"The car itself is a vintage 1980s Mercedes 450, with plush cowhide interior - which just underlines Bono's super star status.

"Kitted out with its original sound system worth EUR14,000, it is not hard to picture the rock star himself driving it.

"This car is a fantastic piece of memorabilia, and will be an immensely rewarding restoration project to a fan."

The car is an item from the early days of U2. Bono loved the car and it was one of the first badges of his success. The car has been auctioned before for charity.

Originally donated by Bono, it fetched 40,000 punts in July 2000 when Pepsi-Cola bought it to support the Postcard to Ethiopia Event in Killiney Castle, Dublin.

In 2002, its new owners again put it up for charity auction, this time the beneficiaries were autism charities. The event was the Pepsi-sponsored Keith Duffy Celebrity Golf Day.

The Chernobyl charity is dedicated to i providing humanitarian and medical aid to the three to four million children suffering from the Chernobyl disaster of 1986.

Galeongirl said:
:hyper:
*want*
:hyper:
oh cmon babydoll, you know it's allmost my birthday :sexywink: I think I know what you can buy me... :flirt:

*sings* If I could, you know I would, if I could, I would...

Ok, as long as you can get me a certain very attractive blonde man in his mid 40s who lives in Dooblin and.... plays the drooms for my birthday next year...:shifty: And since you'll be coming to live with me, I won't let you forget it. :wink:

Deal? :p

Last edited:
She not into cars or u2 so she dont understand the importance of the car. I told her if i didnt get the car i would die but that didnt work either she a spoil sport

It seems to be. Here’s just a few captions from it.

BonosMercedes13.jpg

BonosMercedes2.jpg

BonosMercedes1.jpg

BonosMercedes4.jpg

BonosMercedes5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom