Bono on World Cup commercial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cool!

I had to dismantle my firewall settings to get the video to load properly, so that might work for some of you having problems.

I was at the Charlotte show where the ESPN crew was filming some of the concert. I wonder what happened to that footage?

Very cool ads...always nice to hear U2 when you don't expect it!

I curse dial up , :rant: I was able to hear just enough
to :love: I have said it before , if Bono used his power for
evil rather then good , our world would be a very dangerous
place .

Found this bit of info about Bono and the ESPN commercial at:

http://www.patreesha.com/

E. met Bono (of U2 that is -- not the zombie corpse of Congressman Sonny) a week or two ago to record a voiceover with the band for an ESPN commercial.

Now, I've seen Bono in once person before -- I saw him walking around Washington Square Park a year or two ago, just minding his own business, strutting around in a shiny burgundy leather jacket and his signature wraparound glasses.

But I guess I didn't really get THAT good of a look at him, because according to E., Bono is easily only about 5'4" tall -- and that's with him wearing "platform Doc Martens that were like 1 inch thick." And, his hair was cut short: "He looked like Robin Williams."

That's not the most bizarre part, though... The best part, to me, is that Bono showed up inexplicably wearing a pirate eye patch over one eye.

Originally posted by Miringeltje

E. met Bono (of U2 that is -- not the zombie corpse of Congressman Sonny)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're too funny

Miringeltje said:
Found this bit of info about Bono and the ESPN commercial at:

http://www.patreesha.com/

E. met Bono (of U2 that is -- not the zombie corpse of Congressman Sonny) a week or two ago to record a voiceover with the band for an ESPN commercial.

Now, I've seen Bono in once person before -- I saw him walking around Washington Square Park a year or two ago, just minding his own business, strutting around in a shiny burgundy leather jacket and his signature wraparound glasses.

But I guess I didn't really get THAT good of a look at him, because according to E., Bono is easily only about 5'4" tall -- and that's with him wearing "platform Doc Martens that were like 1 inch thick." And, his hair was cut short: "He looked like Robin Williams."

That's not the most bizarre part, though... The best part, to me, is that Bono showed up inexplicably wearing a pirate eye patch over one eye.

and here's the pic to go with it. :lol:

bonoeyepatch.jpg

(PS: I didn't make the pic btw)

DreamOutLoud13 said:

http://soccernet.com/onegame/
Just click enter, and the thing will pop up.

And there are actually FOUR commercials, though the fourth one is not on the site yet (there's just a "Coming Soon" for it). There's a menu at the bottom of the popup. "Anthem" features City of Blinding Lights and Bono, "Cheerleaders" features Where the Streets Have No Name and Bono, and "Tartan Army" features I Will Follow, and ADAM CLAYTON.

:hyper:

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

Ava79 said:

:shocked:

Pirates of the Irish Sea? :yikes:

I just think it's a U2 fashion thing that appears once in very 25 year or so... Edge started it, then Bono... so in 25 years we'll probably see (or hear about) Adam or Larry walking around with an eye patch! :wink:

Re: cool!

Kilikina778 said:
I had to dismantle my firewall settings to get the video to load properly, so that might work for some of you having problems.

I was at the Charlotte show where the ESPN crew was filming some of the concert. I wonder what happened to that footage?

Very cool ads...always nice to hear U2 when you don't expect it!

Yeah, I was at that concert too. I wondered what was going on at the time but thought it had to do with the Bobcats or something. duh.

The fourth commercial is up now...Edge is doing the voiceover. :) Ironic that the biggest footy fan (Larry) in the band doesn't figure in any of the commercials...

I really love the 2 that Bono did. He could make War & Peace sound :drool: .

I wish Larry did one. I like it when they all do things together, and the fact that it is sponsored by ONE. Amazing idea. I do remember reading that they didn't take a fee for their songs or voice overs the deal was that ONE be used. I think it was back in Oct/Nov 2005 when they were doing shows.

Pop Artist said:
The fourth commercial is up now...Edge is doing the voiceover. :) Ironic that the biggest footy fan (Larry) in the band doesn't figure in any of the commercials...

:huh:

I still get the "Comming soon" when I click on that one! :scratch:

Edge's is very nice. Adam's is the funniest (have to love the Scots!) and Bono's are good, too. I hope Larry does one and who knows, maybe even Paul who does have a fab speaking voice.

silvrlvr said:
Edge's is very nice.

How on earth do you get the Edge one ("Sick Days") to work?! I still get the "Coming soon"-sign... :banghead: :help:

For those still getting the "Coming Soon"...maybe clear your browser cache or else reboot and see if it comes up for your then?

thank you for those!! all of a sudden i care about the world cup, and i'm like promoting the add with all my family and friends:wink:
Bono's voice can make anything sexy!! (not that soccer isn't but i'm not that into it)

Back
Top Bottom