Bono On MTV Diary Tonight...Post About It HERE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
The subject basically says it all. I want to avoid a ton of multiple threads on this event.

Any thread started about Bono's appearance on Diary will be merged with this one.

Thank you, ladies (and any of our male guests)! ;)

For some reason, MTV Canada will be showing Christina Aguilera diary tonite. Why oh why!!!! I was so happy to finally have MTV so that I could watch all the U2 stuff and now I can't even watch Bono!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH. MY. GOD.

I'm watching it right now. Its so amazing. I'm having the same "He can seriously save the world" thoughts as I did when he was on Oprah.
Its so touching. He just sang "Still Haven't Found" with these villagers all dying of AIDS and it was so beautiful.

Before I forget (not possible, I know)....HE LOOKS AMAZING!

I can't wait for the stills!

:hug: :bono:

Wow, I'm just going to keep popping in here on commercials, OK?

BC, isn't this so amazing?
I don't even know what to say.
Seriously.

Oh, I can think of one thing. I love his mouth when he talks.

God, I really hope that this show is making a difference. How could it not?

I just don't know what to say.
I mean I have never been this sad in my life.
These poor people............and I'm doing nothing to help.
It's just unbelievable.
I hope a lot of people are watching this tonight.
There's a whole generation of MTV watchers than need to be educated, I can honestly say the majority of people my age know nothing about the AIDS epidemic in Africa, or don't care.
Hopefully, this will get their attention and change their minds.

This may also belong in the "why you love ---"
But this is why I love B-man. His true life passion for people. His ability to connect with all types, races, status of people. Did you see him with Mabel! This is so important and I hope people in the US get behind this. OK enough rant. This needs to go beyond PLEBA.
Love,
Julie

Best line of the night: "I just have one more thing to say. I know I can't change the world. But WE can".

MAJOR BONO FUZZIES RIGHT NOW. MAJOR.

:yes:

:lmao: That was classic. "OW." (Like what did he think, the door would stay open cause he's Bono? ;) )

Seriously, that was one amazing show. He says he's not a hero all the time, and I know to call him a Saint would be stretching it, but look at how much he feels this agenda he's on. Most celebrities would have gone away withing 6 months, he's been on this campaign for years. It's truly unbelievable and unselfish of him as a person.

It kind of makes every other "Diary" seem insignifigant, doesn't it? All that bitching over photo shoots and riders seem so small compared to Bono singing with the children in Africa. Makes me wanna smack all those stupid poptarts.

:heart: :bono: :up:

Bonochick said:
OMC!!!!

Bono gets smashed by the elevator door at the end!!!!

Bono: OW!

:lmao:

That was so cute!!! :lol:

I didn't get to see all of it, but from what I saw... :bono: :heart: I have no words...

Also, Bono shook his body better than Chris, LOL!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:lmao: That was classic. "OW." (Like what did he think, the door would stay open cause he's Bono? ;) )

:lmao:

*cute Bono fuzzies* :cute:

Really though...I hope this show hit a lot of people. I'm glad Chris Tucker was also in it because he will draw in a lot of fans himself (people who may not have otherwise watched it). I'm not too familiar with Chris Tucker...he seems like a wonderful guy though. :heart:

Still 2 more hours to go for me! Time is at a standstill here in Calif, I have been waiting months to see this show!
It sounds like it will be as heartwarming and intense as I thought it would be. .... I can't wait~

WOW. That was so sad and uplifting at the same time. Sad because of people like Eleanor and Mabel.........that tore me up... and uplifting because Bono cares so damn much about these people. I'll cry over the Memory Books but feel cheered that these people have such a fantastic advocate.

I dont talk a lot here but this I have to comment on- Not to start a war, not to desecend the ranks but I think there is a lot more than "Ow"- (yes I chuckled- Bono!)

Less than a tenth of a cent? I am polarized- I am going to call the democrat, the republican, the free party congressman tomorrow and ask where they stand on this- We have congressional elections in November- Does everyone in the USA KNOW this? We have the power to say this is more than cute- That Africa is a nation under fire and we can DO something about it-cheaply even--

This is so easy to fix and I just dont get the resisitance (my own included- I am awake)

Do we get that water is the stepping stone? That beyond that lies education? I want to talk to those girls in the school, I want to rattle the doors of the drug companies who hoard cheap drugs for millions-

I love you all for all that you write here- do you all realize the power of organization?

You are smart and witty and so much more than cute-

Just my stone and the heel and my two pence-

Love you all-

EyesMakeACircle said:
I dont talk a lot here but this I have to comment on- Not to start a war, not to desecend the ranks but I think there is a lot more than "Ow"- (yes I chuckled- Bono!)

Love you all-

OK, not going to start a war either but I don't think any of us took that show as just Bono being cute while the elevator door shuts on him.

I'm not going to go as far as to say thats insulting but....

Anyway, I think that the PLEBA girls (and guys) are not your normal music fans. We love this man and this band for more than their looks. We care about the issues and I, for one, am honored to think I can play a small role in the resolution of this crisis in Africa.
I'll be honest here (don't be too harsh!!!). I cannot honestly say that I would be involved with the Drop the Debt campaign or the AIDS In Africa campaign or Jubilee 2000 if it wasn't for this band.

Its not all about the looks.

Last edited:
I didn't mean that at all (PLEBA is Smart that and the fun is why I love it) and I know completely what was meant- Maybe I declared myself wrong-

I, myself, never knew about Amnesty International until I heard about it from U2 in '86 then I joined the campus org and even brought a student over from China- I learned that organized people can have effect-

I just wish everyone here with all of their smarts would get what a small idea could evolve to- thats all-

Twelve small voices could evolve into a chorus-

That is all I meant-

Respects to all-

:heart: Bono :heart:

I think the reason we're not all flipping out here going "Did you SEE the poverty? A tenth of a cent! That's AMAZING!" is cos.. we've all done it before. I know all of us said that when we saw it but it's been discussed many times and is almost common knowledge in the world of PLEBA. I and many others do write/call our congressmen, try and do our part, and do think this is a very major issue and it will affect how our votes go in the election. Really though I tend to think of that stuff as given and already understood by all.
If that came across as mean or flaming anyone or whatever I really didn't mean it to... :hug:

But if you can't go "Awww that was so cute, did you SEE that? How adorable is Bono?!?!" on PLEBA where can you say it? :sexywink:

AND.. didya notice when he was walking down the street with Mabel he was holding her hand?
SO CUTE, I squealed in the privacy of my dorm room.

I also thought it was quite ironic MTV airing Diary right after Cribs - come on does that little rap kid need a thousand sneakers (he doesn't even know how many) and do these people really need multiple cars, extravagant swimming pools - it made me sick and then to see Diary and how the people living on less than $1 a day seemed more happier, more real - theres something really f*cked about Americas priorities.
Just like Bono said, he's not a hero because he's a celebrity but the mothers and sisters and children and brothers who battle day to day to drink any, if clean, water and find shelter over their head and some to know they will die losing this battle knowing there is medicines available but can't afford them. I didn't see any despiration in anyones eyes - just celebration of life, like the memory book and all the singing and dancing.
hmmmmm...bono was so humbled and gracious, it was such a human side - not once did I think about licking his neck or kissing those wonderful lips. I just watched quietly and am, obviously, still trying to catch my breath.

Kristie said:
:heart: Bono :heart:

I think the reason we're not all flipping out here going "Did you SEE the poverty? A tenth of a cent! That's AMAZING!" is cos.. we've all done it before. I know all of us said that when we saw it but it's been discussed many times and is almost common knowledge in the world of PLEBA. I and many others do write/call our congressmen, try and do our part, and do think this is a very major issue and it will affect how our votes go in the election. Really though I tend to think of that stuff as given and already understood by all.

Thank you Kristie! Thats what I meant to say. I didn't mean to flame anyone (honestly!). Kristie, you said it best. I feel like we have stated time and time again what this cause means...its nothing new to us, you know?
I jumped the gun there EyesMakeACircle, sorry about that.
PLEBA LOVE!

:heart: :hug:

that was incredibly amazing and so touching, i know if i was htere i would cry, this is even more inspiring since i have done missionary trips to Mexico and it actually looked liked that in the sense of poverty just not green and very polluted, but the hiv/aids makes a big difference.

i have to admit and it sounds cruel but i would love to be mabel for the time that bono was around.

I'm not knew to this cause, or bugging Congress about it - but I just have to say I cannot go to sleep because I cannot stop thinking about those people...

I hate MTV but they did it right on airing this program. It was unbelievable.

It will change the way many young people think.

It was so moving

How wonderful was that? I saw it last night and I was in tears by the end.

When they showed how $1,000 can build a well for people to have clean safe water, my first thought of geez that's my credit card debt. It was kinda like, if I could of sent that money over there, instead of buying crap I didn't need, what a difference that would make. It was one of those moments where I realized that no matter how bad I think I have it, it really isn't bad. that most people would be grateful to just have aspirin and to only have to walk five miles for water instead of 10 miles.

I must say that was the best version of ISHFWILF I've heard in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom