Bono Arrives In Africa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
digsy said:
same thing in ghana - in fact the stations in Accra are just aflood with american apparel... check out the shoes on sale below.

...and in Kenya - I think it must be more or less the same all over Africa!

Originally posted by digsy
...but its also a thriving business - you see huge piles of second hand clothing for sale.

:yes: Like you said, especially in the villages in the rural areas... that was also the only choise when you had to by clothes in "my hometown"!

kellyahern said:
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720272/K=b....feedroom.com/?fr_story=FEEDROOM144216&rf=rss

I'm not sure if the link is going to work, but AP has a short video of Bono in Rwanda

:up: Link works for me, Thanks.

Got my Red phone today too :happy: Its really thin, much thinner than I was expecting and smaller than I thought. I`ve got a Razr phone too and expected it to be large in comparison but was pleasantly surprised - good buy :cool:

Just a quick question for Bono though when he next checks in (!) - where`s my £30 credit I`m supposed to get with it?

Bono in Tanzania

57facb57.jpg

34ff5732.jpg

77262ef7.jpg

2f304303.jpg

why isn't he coming to dar?? :madwife: i knew the report said he was coming to one of the villages.... he isn't going to be here very long, either. :|

Babydoll said:
i think he comes here tomorrow afternoon or so, according to the rumor mill. he is going to be here for.... not very long. i know there is a branch of the edun production here in tz as well, but i can't any find any info where exactly it is in the country. oh well. :)

Aren't you even going to TRY???? :shocked:

he is visiting the poverty and aids stricken areas in the country -the villages and i live in a big city, which i do not think he is visiting.

The clip of Brian Williams on Late Night with Conan O'Brien discussing his coming trip to Africa with Bono has been uploaded to NBC.com, and can be viewed at this link:
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=ed7728b0-a0fc-400b-b403-29a7d9fe9525&f=00&fg=copy

Also, NBC Nightly News has just aired a short segment about Bono's trip to Africa, I guess as sort of a preview of the special segment which will be aired on Monday.
The footage they showed was of Bono in Rwanda. They talked briefly about DATA and ONE, and showed Bono visiting with children suffering from malaria. They also showed a few brief clips from the Chicago DVD, I definitely recognized One, and I think the other song was Pride (In the Name of Love).
Hopefully NBC will upload this clip soon, and if not, I imagine they'll definitely be uploading the segment which will be shown on Monday.

bonocomet said:
Wait... they are showing this Monday and then the special live one on Tuesday then?
Tonight Brian Williams definitely said "Monday", so I guess they're showing it both nights?

Also, Brian Williams (again with the full name, but just "Brian" feels too personal) mentioned tonight's broadcast on his blog:

Tonight I'll preview my upcoming whirlwind trip to Africa and back. We have producers and camera crews already traveling with Bono in Rwanda -- and judging by the vocal and instantaneous response to the post from there on this blog yesterday, interest is high. Thanks to the heroic efforts of our Director Brett Holey, we were able to receive videotape pictures from Africa overnight that were sent by laptop computer -- we'll show Bono's travels so far and lay out the stakes. We will also hear from Rick Warren -- we had a fascinating conversation -- albeit by satellite, as I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting him -- and he has high praise for Bono and especially for their joint mission.

TANZANIA CALLING
Bono made our afternoon editorial meeting a bit different than usual today by calling into it from Tanzania (though we strongly suspect that traveling producer Subrata De put him up to it). Via speakerphone, he laid out the issues as he sees them, and described the scene in the Africa he's come to know. He warned us that while he was on the phone with us, 150 French tourists walked into the hotel lobby. The French love their part time rock star resident. It made for an interesting start for today's meeting. I can't say that has happened before.

http://dailynightly.msnbc.com/2006/05/sick_transit.html#below-fold

Last edited:
DreamOutLoud13 said:
The clip of Brian Williams on Late Night with Conan O'Brien discussing his coming trip to Africa with Bono has been uploaded to NBC.com, and can be viewed at this link:
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=ed7728b0-a0fc-400b-b403-29a7d9fe9525&f=00&fg=copy

Also, NBC Nightly News has just aired a short segment about Bono's trip to Africa, I guess as sort of a preview of the special segment which will be aired on Monday.
The footage they showed was of Bono in Rwanda. They talked briefly about DATA and ONE, and showed Bono visiting with children suffering from malaria. They also showed a few brief clips from the Chicago DVD, I definitely recognized One, and I think the other song was Pride (In the Name of Love).
Hopefully NBC will upload this clip soon, and if not, I imagine they'll definitely be uploading the segment which will be shown on Monday.

Cool! Thanks for the clip :up: I still have my text messages on my cellphone saved from when Bono called (during the tour) :shifty:

Thank you everyone for all the info. I hope the hubby can record the shows for me. I'll be at work. :( (and he's vcr challenged... :| )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom