Around this time of year, don't you get nostalgic for . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i cant get it to play on that website.

i know im being a pain in the ass (feel free to smack me, lol), but i've been trying forever to get the video of the entire performance... and someone very kind people put the whole show up online for me on this site, but with my dial-up.. it only downloaded up to Beautiful Day....

so i was missing all of MLK and Streets...

i kick myself over and over for not taping it when it first aired. :madspit: :sad:

could someone repost it for me? maybe into two separate segments instead of one big one?

i MUST see this again. its killing me. :sad:

you have no idea how much i would appreciate this.

thankyou!

sonicfungus98@aol.com

Mom and I teared up :sad: when the names of the 9/11 victims scrolled up behind the band. I wasn't a die-hard U2 fan then, but that really was the best halftime show of all time.

kellyahern said:
65b1c9d6.jpg

Oh dear Lord.

As I was scrolling rather quickly through these, Bono's hair so closely matched the background in this photo I did a double-take...

Bald Bono (non-Pop, geriatric version).

My eyes! My eyes!

:scream: :yikes:

I saw the vid... but anybody have a vid of the press conference? I searched all over the net for it but never found it!

Miringeltje said:

You can watch u2's performance online at:

u2achtung.com/02/multimedia/

Under the header: Achtung tv

It's called Mi-temps Superbowl 2002

Enjoy!

Doesn't work for me :sad:
that ysi link - what format is the file you uploaded? The extension came up as ".rm" :shrug:

And kelly - thanks for the photos :bow: Brings back the memories.

And I know a friend or two who aren't U2 fans, but they remember that halftime show, especially when the names on the screen are scrolling. Quite moving...

:hug:

Lila64 said:

that ysi link - what format is the file you uploaded? The extension came up as ".rm" :shrug:

And I know a friend or two who aren't U2 fans, but they remember that halftime show, especially when the names on the screen are scrolling. Quite moving...

it is in realmedia audio/video ... works with realplayer.... I have never found a wmv version before tho... only realplayer..

ysi = you send it

without the spaces....

the link does indeed work...

Whoa:drool: Thanks :bow: Kelly for feeling nostalgic. Also the pics are wonderful ladies! I was a U2 fan before the Super Bowl performance, but watching the show live made me want to actually GO to a U2 concert to get the full experience.:drool:

Lila64 said:

I am attempting to upload an mpg. Actually, it will be a two-parter.

Here's part 1. Beautiful Day.

h**p://communicator.maximail.virgilio.it/r.jsp?d=virgilio.it&wr=_unreg_33ephlgi&ws=3x66qb1y&e=virgilio.it&c=Wjcm85sklv51q0Ctfpob4HcWHSxpIn2631998

Last edited:
PopDaisy said:

Oh dear Lord.

As I was scrolling rather quickly through these, Bono's hair so closely matched the background in this photo I did a double-take...

Bald Bono (non-Pop, geriatric version).

My eyes! My eyes!

:scream: :yikes:

I see what you mean! :lol: Shaved-head Pop Bono is just wrong! :no: :shocked:

Part 2. MLK and Streets.

h**p://communicator.maximail.virgilio.it/r.jsp?d=virgilio.it&wr=_unreg_33ephlgi&ws=3x66qb1y&e=virgilio.it&c=AMEbh917utHBuOZnbALra0EuFiRfj2Wb32002

nenril said:

heeey!!

it took a long time to download.. but i got it all this time!! :):):):):):)

THANKYOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!! you have no idea how special this was to me.

you rock!!!!

if theres anything i can do in return.. anything.. let me know.

ive been waiting since 2002 to see this again. :-D

thankyou!! :)

that performance was so so so amazing.

even the intro.. where they show the history of the bands videos and concerts... oh god, that gave me chills.

Mile Grazie Granny!!!
:bow:

:help:
what codec do you have to play them granny??? it can play the thing, but without sound! It says one more codec missing, and when I press webhelp microsoft can't help me, a.k.a. it doesn't tell me wich codec I need... :(

Last edited:
I remember watching the Super Bowl and the announcer coming on and me saying to my dad "Dad, who's U2?" :eek: I was only ten :wink: so you'll have to forgive my ignorance, and that performance made me a U2 obsessor :hug: Super Bowl x infinity

Galeongirl said:
Mile Grazie Granny!!!
:bow:

:help:
what codec do you have to play them granny??? it can play the thing, but without sound! It says one more codec missing, and when I press webhelp microsoft can't help me, a.k.a. it doesn't tell me wich codec I need... :(

I don't know. It plays on windows media player, power dvd or win dvd for me.:shrug:

In regards to the Stones during half time last nite...

Well considering their ages, I thought they LOOKED great. They can still rock it like a band of 45 year olds. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom