another getting to know you thread part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildhoney22

Refugee
Other music? Well, if you count Feedback & The Hype (lol).....

I listen to just about everything, especially rock, some pop, hip-hop, rap, etc.

Don't watch TV much, except for Thursday nights.. I love ER (but I missed it this week - can someone fill me in?), & Friends, Malcolm in the Middle, Simpsons, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Seinfeld reruns

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
a little girl with Irish eyes...

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

God, there's so much other music I like. Let's see...
Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, Eagles, The Who, Madonna, REM, Aimee Mann, soooo many more.

TV shows: Simpsons, Malcom in the Middle, West Wing, Gilmore Girls (yes, I admit it...I watch the WB *hangs head in shame*), That 70's Show, Will & Grace, ER. Yes, I know I watch too much TV
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Music: The Rolling Stones, Depeche Mode, INXS (when Michael Hutchence was still with them), The Cars, AC/DC...I could go on and on...

TV: "The Simpsons", "Seinfeld", "Pepper Ann" (I'm sorry, but I love that cartoon!!!!), and almost all of Gameshow Network.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I like all sorts of other music from NIN to yes Britney Spears(gasp!)
wink.gif
Although right now at the moment I've been listening alot to Lucinda Williams; as for TV shows I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and most of the Fox shows: Simpsons, Malcolm, etc.

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"You changed me--and I thank you for that." -Bono 11/5/01

WWJND?

My othe favorites are Bruce, Bruce and Bruce.
biggrin.gif

Ok, and the Beatles, the Eagles, some Stevie Nicks, Ani Defranco, the Indigo Girls, Floyd.

I don't watch much TV; when I do it's usually whatever's on VH1 the news, which gets really depressing really quick. But I have in the past enjoyed the X-Files and West Wing is pretty impressive.
smile.gif

SD

Originally posted by valvenus8:
I like all sorts of other music from NIN to yes Britney Spears(gasp!)
wink.gif
Although right now at the moment I've been listening alot to Lucinda Williams; as for TV shows I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and most of the Fox shows: Simpsons, Malcolm, etc.

Ah, yes! Lucinda Williams! How could I forget her? She's one of my favorite artists. No one I know has ever heard of her, but god, she's brilliant.

I like Coldplay, REM, The Boss,and older music like Beatles,Stones and Who. When I get really stressed out I like to listen to New Age and classical music.
My favorite TV shows are ER, Friends, Law & Order, the Practice, and English movies on MasterPiece Theater

I love TONS of different songs by a whole slew of artists but I would have to say my favourites are Led Zeppelin and Bruce Springsteen. Beyond that I like Metallica (before they got annoying-but that is just their personalities, not their music) and Pearl Jam a lot as well.

TV...muahahha....well since I go to this CHEAP >
frown.gif
school we don't have cable so I don't watch all that much. I guess I am guilty of watching Dawson's Creek but more importantly
wink.gif
I watch CSI which amuses me SO much and Whose Line is it Anyway? (even though i REALLY dislike Drew Carey) My favourite show of all time is the (late
wink.gif
) Fawlty Towers. "I'VE LAID IT ON THE LINE FOR YOU TIME AND TIME AGAIN...NOW....I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU A DAMN GOOD THRASHING!!!!"

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Music: R.E.M, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, AC/DC, Alicia Keys, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer, Puddle of Mudd, and rEd (my band!!!!) etc.

TV: Not much into the tele, but I like SNL and Mad TV

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"After all it is the Larry Mullen band."

"Larry has a heavy foot it is an extordiry thing, you know, to have to stand in front of that drum kit. It is like getting a good kicking on a nightly basis." ~Bono

I like Matchbox 20 a lot.. their new album is brilliant. Aerosmith, Boston, Journey, Bon Jovi (GASP! Forgive me, PLEBA, for I have sinned)
rolleyes.gif
,Madonna, I also love classical music, especially Mozart and Vivaldi. I could go on forever...

Shows: Simpsons, The X Files, Whose Line is it Anyway, Drew Carey, Touched By an Angel, Malcom in the Middle, when I acutally watch TV.

------------------
"My God, he's a genius! I feel like Salieri..." -Mr. Wick, "The Drew Carey Show."

"People of Sarajevo, count your blessings. There are people all over the world who have food, heat and security, but they're not on TV like you are..." -Mr. MacPhisto.

All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

Music: Ani DiFranco, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Green Day, DMB, BNL, Cranberries, Cake, and a whole slew of other music.

Tv: Simpsons, the new show CSI, X-Files (don't watch it as much any more
frown.gif
), SNL, Survivor, Sponge Bob Square Pants *blush* (it's really a great show! and so funny too!), and a buncha other shows, but these are my main ones for right now.
smile.gif

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

[This message has been edited by FallDownJulie (edited 11-10-2001).]

wow i must be the only soap freak here!!!!!!!!!

------------------
POP
Be careful where you aim cause where you aim you just might hit

livelylemmons@aol.com

No, no, I am an honourary member of the soap freaks club
wink.gif
I don't watch them so much (I actually used to watch Sunset Beach but I KNOW how horrible everyone thought it was....) but my roommate is absolutely OBSESSED with General Hospital, like worse than I have seen anywhere else. We are actually in the midst of watching old Stone&Robin tapes...so you are not alone poptart
wink.gif

Other music: Angie Aparo, Tori Amos, Bjork, lots of rap, and the soon-to-be-defunct James.

TV shows: Frasier and...
eek.gif
Dawson's Creek!

[This message has been edited by HeartlandGirl (edited 11-10-2001).]

Music: I.. um.. have to admit I really don't have many albums other than U2. Isn't it sad? But I like REM, ABBA, Garbage (I actually don't have any albums but I love all their songs I've heard), Dido (I am getting a little tired of her, though, but she is a nice person and is actually original..), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nelly Furtado (I used to hate her but she has REALLY grown on me), Moby (I LOVE this guy), No Doubt.. I know there are people I'm forgetting..

TV: Buffy, The Jeffersons (yes it's a re-run I know), I Love Lucy, Maybe It's Me (YES I have to admit I kind of watch dorky shows on the WB, but this one is actually funny), Food Finds, Iron Chef, The Best Of (I love the Food Network..), Unwrapped, Follow That Food (Hey, don't look at me like that! It's EDUCATIONAL..), lots of shows on Game Show Network.
wink.gif

------------------
it's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else

Okay here we go:

R.E.M., The Clash, The Police, Sting, Morrissey, The Smiths, Talking Heads, David Byrne, Ben Folds, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Thomas Dolby, Devo, Elvis Costello, Paul McCartney, Moby, Pet Shop Boys, The Cure, Billie Holiday, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Depeche Mode, Frank Sinatra, Aerosmith, Billy Idol, Janis Joplin...

*Takes a breath*

I'm not particularly loyal to TV shows for any length of time, but right now I watch a lot of "Whose Line is it Anyway" and "Talk Soup." Hey, that reminds me, last night the chick that hosts "Talk Soup" was wearing a shirt like Edge's with the eagle on it, the one that says "Born Free." Woo hoo! Our Edge is a trendsetter!

Oh yeah, and I have to mention "Red Dwarf."

------------------
*Echo* The Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Never argue with someone who buys ink by the gallon." -Tommy Lasorda

"Are you implying that I'm an internet slut?" -Bono

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation! http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 11-10-2001).]

Originally posted by poptart2001:
i just wanna know what other music you girls are into and what are your fave tv programmes??????
i like pinkfloyd and rem

my fave tv programmes are
coronation street eastenders and home and away (i know im sad)

Eastenders - Starring Wendy Richard from Are You Being Served? (One of my favorite shows, a Britcom, hehe.) I also like Keeping up Appearances, Simpsons, SNL, and ER.

Music: Beatles, John Lennon, Chantal Kreviazuk, Our Lady Peace, Irish traditional music.

lemme see...

i like alternative music so anything there-and rock too of course

and shows? MTV stuff..VH1 stuff-Behind the Music....That 70's Show, ER is cool cuz my mom got me into it..dramatically COOL!! and Whose Line Is It Anyway? and SNL and the occasional Mad TV...oh and Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon on Toonami ANIME ROCKS!

Bono-ette

------------------
"Follow the leader children, as we flap like a chicken..."
-Me

"Life is stupid sometimes, but with Bono to look at--it seems better"-Me
3gNGHId7wOMl-mfQ4jV4ZgJLmcbEP+rf0032.jpg
Go to U2Goddess' U2 Fanfiction site!

[This message has been edited by Bono-ette (edited 11-10-2001).]

i just wanna know what other music you girls are into and what are your fave tv programmes??????
i like pinkfloyd and rem

my fave tv programmes are
coronation street eastenders and home and away (i know im sad)

------------------
POP

livelylemmons@aol.com

Originally posted by poptart2001:
wow i must be the only soap freak here!!!!!!!!!

I like Eastenders but I don't always get to watch it. Can't stand Corrie though, sorry
smile.gif

hmmm, other music would include Pink Floyd, Genesis, The Eagles, Queen, just discovering Radiohead, The Verve, Robbie Williams, ABBA, Beatles anything really as long as its not trashy pop stuff.

Fav TV programs Frasier, Simpsons, Graham Norton (the funniest and rudest chat show on TV) Ally McBeal

------------------
Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

Aside from U2, I'm into ska music big time! I also am a fan of Jane's Addiction and REM.
I also really like the band Cake!

My fav TV shows are Friends, the SOpranos , and Sex in the City.

oh yeah how can i forget sex in the city i love that programme i noticed alot of you like ER does anybody watch Holby city??????

eek.gif

------------------
POP

livelylemmons@aol.com

Hey I have a question for you Brits, while we're all talking about television.

For those of you not familiar, "Red Dwarf" is a British sci-fi comedy show that ran from '87 to '98 or so. It's VERY popular here in the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia. One would think that if people had even HEARD of it in America, that it would be huge in Britain. But I've perused through many British entertainment magazines over the years and I've never even heard it mentioned. So I'll ask the English PLEBAns: Is/was Red Dwarf popular there? What about other British shoiws that hit it big in America, like Absolutely Fabulous or Wallace and Gromit?

------------------
*Echo* The Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Never argue with someone who buys ink by the gallon." -Tommy Lasorda

"Are you implying that I'm an internet slut?" -Bono

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

I love the Brit shows like "Absolutely Fabulous" and I can't wait to get a dish so we can get BBC...... but I have a question for the Brits here too....

Do any of you remember the show "The Young Ones?" They used to show it on MTV in America years ago, and it was about 4 British college students living together in a house..... I have it on tape & I love watching it... Does anyone else here know what I'm talking about?

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
a little girl with Irish eyes...

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Well sweetie darlings!!!!
As far as music goes....
Gavin Friday
Frank Sinatra
Tori Amos
Those are the "other" artists living in my cd player at the moment.

T.V....
I LOVE LOVE LOVE AB FAB!! My friends joke that our lives are just Low-Budget Ab Fab. And it's funny cause it's true. Eddie and Pasty are my heros.
I also love Will and Grace, but that's about it for things I love on T.v.
If there is some good open heart surgery on television, I will always park my ass in front of it.
-Bluey

Back
Top Bottom