Adam's house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirjam

The Fly
I just have seen topic about Bono's house.
And Im just wondering about Adam:) -I know he has a huge house very close to Dublin. But I am wondering- he is quite often in London. Does he have a house also there?:) Im moving for the next few months to London, maybe he will be my neighbour;);) Hehehehe...yeah, let me dream!;) Dreams can be so beautiful! ;) Hehehe:)
And how about NY, does hw own something there too? I heard about Bono's and Larry's apartments in NY. But no word about Adam:)

I'm going to give very general locations of his abodes.

In London he's a west end boy.

Visa issues for a convicted person are a hassle; hence he doesn't spend as much time in NY as he used to.

It's London and Dublin where he spends most of his time.

The house in Dublin has been photographed and is appart of U2 lore. His home in London is not within the public's domain. Hence, I will not give the specific street which he resides.

Besides I think this is a dicy area as far as the rules of the site.

Mods what are your opinions on this?

Mr. Mullen and his family have a home in a part of NY State which is considered to be appart of the actor's enclave in upsate NY. Lots of showbusiness folks live there. It's quiet. Good restaurant, and folks don't bother you there. It's semi rural but closed enough to NYC (1.5 hours drive or 50 minutes by boat).

Mr. Bono = Upper West Side Guy in NY. His real estate transactions was made public, so you can look up specifically where in the city.

Edge = Cali property. Nothin in NY, although he spends a good amount of time in the city.

Ah, might as well include Paul. Paul is a West London guy as well.

I think everyone is accounted for.

msdw59 said:
I'm going to give very general locations of his abodes.

In London he's a west end boy.

Visa issues for a convicted person are a hassle; hence he doesn't spend as much time in NY as he used to.

It's London and Dublin where he spends most of his time.

The house in Dublin has been photographed and is appart of U2 lore. His home in London is not within the public's domain. Hence, I will not give the specific street which he resides.

Besides I think this is a dicy area as far as the rules of the site.

Mods what are your opinions on this?

Mr. Mullen and his family have a home in a part of NY State which is considered to be appart of the actor's enclave in upsate NY. Lots of showbusiness folks live there. It's quiet. Good restaurant, and folks don't bother you there. It's semi rural but closed enough to NYC (1.5 hours drive or 50 minutes by boat).

Mr. Bono = Upper West Side Guy in NY. His real estate transactions was made public, so you can look up specifically where in the city.

Edge = Cali property. Nothin in NY, although he spends a good amount of time in the city.

Ah, might as well include Paul. Paul is a West London guy as well.

I think everyone is accounted for.

I think Paul and his wife recently bought a place in NY as well. I remember seeing a news report about it through Google.

Dana

they don't all have houses in the south of France... Bono and Edge both have a house on the beach in Eze, and swap houses every few weeks in the summer.... Larry and Adam stay with them there...

Galeongirl said:
they don't all have houses in the south of France... Bono and Edge both have a house on the beach in Eze, and swap houses every few weeks in the summer.... Larry and Adam stay with them there...
As far as I know, Larry and Adam have bought houses there as well some years ago, not in Eze, but somewhere else near the coast.

flossymay said:
I thought Adam stayed with Susie while in London.

Susie and Adam ended their engagement a few months ago. I think he did stay with her most of the time. I was sure he had his own place there though long before he was even with Susie.

U2isthebest said:

Susie and Adam ended their engagement a few months ago. I think he did stay with her most of the time. I was sure he had his own place there though long before he was even with Susie.

Well...... that was true. Since I'm a resident of the area:whistle:; I will just continue to say that he is still in the area. :shh:

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:

I know about the ended engagement, I should have been more clear, sorry! I just thought Susie was his reason to spend time in London, so he stayed with her.

I believe he does have a place in Nice, France though, read it in an article.

msdw59 said:

Well...... that was true. Since I'm a resident of the area:whistle:; I will just continue to say that he is still in the area. :shh:

Can you give anymore info?

msdw59 said:
What constitutes "more infomation"?

Okay, I live no where near England and have not the means to go there, so I'm no stalker lol :lol: - just nosy. Does he have a house? Big or little? Anything like his estate in Dublin? or is it an apartment?

Galeongirl said:
They all have houses in France....the thing is that Bono's and Edge's houses are next to eachother...and Larry's and Adam's are in a diferent place...:wink:

Edge, Bono and Larry all have apartments in NYC. Bono & Larry on the Upper West Side (off central park) and the Edge in SoHo, closer to TriBeCa. I believe Larry no longer has his Nyack home.

For more information:
Riders on the Storm, Q Magazine - 02 Oct. 2004

It's mid-July and U2 are in the south of France for their annual summer break. They have been coming here since finishing The Joshua Tree. Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton each have homes off the coastal road which winds eastwards out of Nice. The Edge and Bono and their families share a villa in the same area.

"Bono wanted us all to share a place," says Mullen. "I told him, I'm happy to come here but I'm not living in the same house as you."

Laney_82 said:

"Bono wanted us all to share a place," says Mullen. "I told him, I'm happy to come here but I'm not living in the same house as you."

:shocked: He does NOT want to live in a house with Bono?

:giggle:

Poor Bono.

And Bono and Edge actually have two houses next to each other, but it's a unit, they bought the whole place in the early 90s. I have always liked the idea that they are swapping houses from time to time.

flossymay said:

Okay, I live no where near England and have not the means to go there, so I'm no stalker lol :lol: - just nosy. Does he have a house? Big or little? Anything like his estate in Dublin? or is it an apartment?

OK, W11 house. Size for the area = modest in comparision to the homes just around the corner. Neighbors= mostly Americans and foreign nationals working within the financial sector.

msdw59 said:

OK, W11 house. Size for the area = modest in comparision to the homes just around the corner. Neighbors= mostly Americans and foreign nationals working within the financial sector.

Hehehe...Sounds like a riddle;) Who will guess;);)

But thank you for informations,msdw59! :) Nice of you!:) It's not that Im going to wait in front of their houses;) -No, it's not my style:) For most part of teh year I live very neat to Larry's house but I never go there to loook what's going on. I respect their privacy.

I will live also in West end London:) But, since I have never been in London before (shame on me;) ) , I have no idea how that area looks like and who lives there (if they are ' Americans and foreign nationals working within the financial sector' ;).

msdw59 said:

His home in London is not within the public's domain. Hence, I will not give the specific street which he resides.

Thanks for all of your info, but I do have two more questions:

1. I read something about Adam's arrest and him having a hard time with the Visa thing, as stated above, but it also said something about China??? I thought his arrest was in Dublin, right?

2. You said his house is not within the public's domain, does that mean it's like a gated community or something? I know nothing about London, but I remember in the movie Notting Hill Hugh Grant was showing Julia Roberts a neighborhood that was walled or something like that - so only residents could get in.

love2bmama said:
I think what she meant about public domain was that the address isn't widely known or published, unlike Bono's for example.

Ahhh, that makes sense, thanks. I haven't had enough coffee yet today lol.

last unicorn said:

As far as I know, Larry and Adam have bought houses there as well some years ago, not in Eze, but somewhere else near the coast.

Larry and Adam used to rent while there but I believe Larry has bought his own place there now. They did not usually stay with Bono and Edge. Larry emphatically told Bono he didn't mind going to South of France but he was NOT living in the same house with Bono. :wink:

In reading the INXS biography I discovered that Adam bought Michael Hutchence place in France after the probate was settled.

Of the two houses that Bono and Edge bought together I believe they joined the yards and Edge commented in an interview once that they swapped houses every couple of weeks. Don't know if they still do that but it sounds like a great way to keep it feeling like vacation instead of just another home.

Also the reason that they all holiday near each other is that they found that if they went their separate ways too much between albums that it was harder to get everybody on the same page musically. Also if they are relatively close they can get together anytime inspiration hits and so don't miss out on some of the creative opportunities they may have before.

Dana

msdw59 said:

:hmm: I wonder if he's been my sister's neighbor all this time... (American and my bro-in-law works in the financial sector. :wink: ), they've been living in W11 for two years! I'd don't think they'd know him if he bit em.

Back
Top Bottom