ZooTV set on Vertigo = advertisement for Sydney DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropean103

Refugee
Something hit me today. I love the Achtung/ZooTV encores on Vertigo and it's my favourite part of the show, however don't you think there's something behind playing AB songs with the ZooTV theme? Today I was thinking about it and I remembered that in august U2 want to release the Sydney video. It's riskier for them to release an old show than a brand new concert from current tour. They need some kind of advertisement and don't you think that imitating a Zoo TV show with playing the first set of it in one part of the concert would be a great publicity?

It's just a theory, probably even not true, but what do you think about it? Could it be possible? Of course they can play this set just to please harcore fans and zoomaniacs, but who knows...

Last edited:
they've been planning to release ZooTV Sydney on DVD for a while now, so i don't think the tour is an 'ad' for the DVD.

but i do agree that this tour is looking more and more like ZooTV 2!

I was under the impression that it will be a three-DVD package with ZooTV Sydney, Popmart Mexico City and Under A Blood Red Sky. I'm sure the three will be sold separately as well.

I doubt the Achtung Baby songs have nothing to do with the DVD release since they aren't playing any Pop songs for the Mexico City DVD.

I think mayvbe they just like playing those AB songs live. I know I enjoyed hearing them in Denver! :)

Anyone know if they're going to remaster the sound on the Sydney DVD? Definitely doesn't sound as good as Popmart Mexico.

Achtung Ya'll said:

...and this is DEFINITELY not a bad thing. God I hate I missed that tour.

Me four :D I think that part of the set is just a good idea, so why not repeat it. There's really no reason that everything in the world has to be used only once. I'm fine with recycling good ideas :up: And I think using a tour as publicity for a DVD is sort of silly.

Really upset that I decided not to go to Nice in August though. REALLY upset. :scream: :mad:

what actual info do we have on this dvd set? im very keen to obtain it when it comes out as i dont have any of the concerts on vhs: do we no a likley price / release date etc?

thanks, dave

rumor has it that it is Zoomerang Sydney, PopMart Mexico, and Under A Blood Red Sky. I've read somewhere that it's expected to be out in September, sometime around the 'U2 by U2' book's release.

Other rumored shows in the set are ZooTV DC, the Vertigo Chicago DVD, Notre Dame, and a few others---but these aren't as likely.

All in all, I don't think there's been any "official" word on the DVD set...just rumors.

Interesting theory. I'm just super-excited about the thought of all these DVD's being released anyway. Zoo TV on DVD=:drool: :drool: :drool:

discothequeLP said:

but i do agree that this tour is looking more and more like ZooTV 2!

I was at the Brussels show Friday. It sometimes reminds you of Zoo TV, but it's certainly not Zoo TV part II. The jackpot and "mama"-thing before Zoo Station, the truisms during The Fly and a video of Morleigh dancing during MW are imho the only real reminders of Zoo TV.

It's a mix. Sometimes I thought I was at a Popmart show :wink: but without the "too much"-things.

They kept the best parts of the previous tours. And I liked it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom