Who's SICK of this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Who's SICK of this tour?

DPrinceNY said:
Okie its been almost a year with the Vertigo tour and I'm just sick of it. I've see enough (went to 4 shows) of Bono's drumming and all the same gimicks. All the tour pictures and videos are boring me already.

I find myself watching Elevation, Popmart and Zootv shows just so I can forget about this tour. It was good and all but it should just end cause its all played out. U2 needs to end this tour at the third leg and go do something else (ie. record some new material)

martha said:

I have a hunch that if you'd been around and going to the shows on these tours, you might have become sick of them as well.

Bingo.

I loved Popmart Mexico, so I was excited to get the Santiago DVD... when I played it I was shocked because it was virtually the same show with all of the same gimmicks.. who woulda thunk it? :wink:

Point being... if you watched 4 popmart shows + videos + photos, or 4 elevation shows + videos + photos, you'd be sick of it too.

Slane was a bit different than Boston, and Milan will be a bit different than Chicago, but thats only because U2 likes playing a different songs in Europe vs. North America... but yes, out of 4 shows in North America, I can imagine it getting boring.

corianderstem said:

I have my list in Excel. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Me too :nerd:

But mine is mostly for videos...

It is broken up by era, name of the file, size, date and disk it is burnt onto

:nerd: s unite!

Fucking hell!!!

We wait for 4 years for the band to tour again and now people are sick of it!

"I went to 4 shows and they were all the same show...blah blah blah..."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Re: Re: Who's SICK of this tour?

bcrt2000 said:

Bingo.

I loved Popmart Mexico, so I was excited to get the Santiago DVD... when I played it I was shocked because it was virtually the same show with all of the same gimmicks.. who woulda thunk it? :wink:

Point being... if you watched 4 popmart shows + videos + photos, or 4 elevation shows + videos + photos, you'd be sick of it too.

Slane was a bit different than Boston, and Milan will be a bit different than Chicago, but thats only because U2 likes playing a different songs in Europe vs. North America... but yes, out of 4 shows in North America, I can imagine it getting boring.

Your absolutely right I might of been bored with ZooTV and Popmart had I actually been into the band and gone to the shows as I do now. Probably two U2 tours from now (hopefully) I will be looking back at Vertigo after being over exhausted with the current tour.

U2mixer said:
Fucking hell!!!

We wait for 4 years for the band to tour again and now people are sick of it!

"I went to 4 shows and they were all the same show...blah blah blah..."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EX-AC-TLY!!!!!!!!

:yes:

LOL! Me too, in excel by date, venue, with comments, grade for sound quality etc. I also have it divvied into separate tabs/sheets for tour merchandise, audio, video, magazines and books!

:nerd:

Miroslava said:

Me too :nerd:

But mine is mostly for videos...

It is broken up by era, name of the file, size, date and disk it is burnt onto

:nerd: s unite!

Just something for those sick of this tour to think about....

Someday there will be no more U2 tours. And that someday could come at any time.

So put that thought in your pipe and smoke it.

indra said:
Just something for those sick of this tour to think about....

Someday there will be no more U2 tours. And that someday could come at any time.

So put that thought in your pipe and smoke it.

The voice of reason!!!!!! :happy: Just why are you on this site again?? :scratch:

:D

WalkOn21 said:

Yeah. The USA is certainly not 2 times as big as Europe, but they're doing more than 2 times as many concerts in the USA. :eyebrow:

Yep, but more people got to see them in Europe.

I just want everyone to realise that arguing over the internet is like the Special Olympics. Know matter who wins, you are still Retarded!!!!

WHOAMG!1! E-Drama.

This just goes to show you...
Seriousbusiness2.jpg

FACT

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

You'd probably feel a lot different if you lived somewhere that wasn't within driving distance of a dozen shows.

Dead right, I could only afford to go to ONE concert this time round..

I'd have given my right arm, and my left, and both my legs, and my head, to go to four.

DPrinceNY said:
Okie its been almost a year with the Vertigo tour and I'm just sick of it. I've see enough (went to 4 shows) of Bono's drumming and all the same gimicks. All the tour pictures and videos are boring me already.

I find myself watching Elevation, Popmart and Zootv shows just so I can forget about this tour. It was good and all but it should just end cause its all played out. U2 needs to end this tour at the third leg and go do something else (ie. record some new material)

absolutly....couldn't have put it better myself!!!

jesus matt and i have found that we are so dissapointed in this tour and saddened by the loss in "heart" that the band has seemed to have over the course of this tour, that we can't even listen to U2 at the moment without becoming depressed and sad with longing for the past 3 tours. (and this time it IS NOT the usual POST-TOUR DEPRESSION!)

hell, matt even thinks they should retire if they're gonna ever have another tour like this. we kept going (19 shows) in hopes that the feeling from which we got high on at the last 3 tours would happen again on the Vertigo tour, but it never did. instead what we got was dicked by a stupid lottery, pushed and yelled at repeatedly by the drunk blonde running it, and a mediocre rip-off at best of the Elevation Tour. in the end what the Vertigo tour was missing just happended to be the main ingredient on the Elevation tour...HEART!!!!

all in all...very dissapointed.
melissa:sad:

I just read this entire thread and I came away with this:

1) I need a list. :nerd:

2) But first, I need bootlegs of which to list!

3) people who willingly pay for concert tickets/dvds and look at concert pictures/etc. only to complain about overexposure make no sense. :huh:

Well, as an Aussie, I am thrilled that U2 are doing a fourth leg and FINALLY including us in the tour!

Melissa - I haven't been to any U2 concerts yet, but are you sure the fact that you have seen U2 19 times THIS tour isn't the reason you are a bit 'over' them? As much as I love U2, I don't think I could handle seeing them perform that many times in the one tour! The fun would go out of it for me I think!

popbellydancer said:

absolutly....couldn't have put it better myself!!!

jesus matt and i have found that we are so dissapointed in this tour and saddened by the loss in "heart" that the band has seemed to have over the course of this tour, that we can't even listen to U2 at the moment without becoming depressed and sad with longing for the past 3 tours. (and this time it IS NOT the usual POST-TOUR DEPRESSION!)

hell, matt even thinks they should retire if they're gonna ever have another tour like this. we kept going (19 shows) in hopes that the feeling from which we got high on at the last 3 tours would happen again on the Vertigo tour, but it never did. instead what we got was dicked by a stupid lottery, pushed and yelled at repeatedly by the drunk blonde running it, and a mediocre rip-off at best of the Elevation Tour. in the end what the Vertigo tour was missing just happended to be the main ingredient on the Elevation tour...HEART!!!!

all in all...very dissapointed.
melissa

Hmmm, so your main reasons for your disappointment are being
screwed in the lottery (not the band or the music)
pushed and yelled at (not the band or the music)
rip off of the E tour (more the stage setup than the band or the music)

Your opinion only, but you first state that you "long for the last 3 tours" - YOU'RE LIVING IN THE PAST!!!
And how can you be disappointed that it's a "rip-off of the E tour" when you've just stated that you "long" for it???

Sounds like you didn't find what you were looking for - and that's the U2 of the past!

They've had a few bum shows this tour BUT THAT HAPPENS EVERY TOUR!!!
The stage show was good, but wasn't that great, but ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC, MAN!!! YOU GO TO A CONCERT TO HEAR THE MUSIC!!!

And your accusation about U2 not having the 'HEART' this time is totally based on your unfortunate experiences.
I saw them all over Europe and they certainly showed 'HEART' and a passion for the crowds.

This tour hasn't been as memorable as previous tours, but 95% of the time the band still put on a great show and you can't really argue with that.

I think the fans will notice when the band are only playing for the dollar bills and their 'HEARTs' aren't in it anymore - trust me on that one!

Look at all the shit in the music charts now and then and go and DREAM about catching the guys on the 4th leg of their tour playing your favourite tracks - come on, you'd still want to be there!

I'm not having a go at you because we're ALL entitled to our own opinions, but maybe you set your sights TOO HIGH this time and you should, as I do, attend each concert with a 'clean slate' attitude. If the last concert was 'meh' then don't hold it against them.

I think you know what I'm saying and I do realise that bad experiences can spoil a whole concert especially drunken dickhead fans.

Too much of a good thing. I'm sure you've all heard this saying. Anyone can get sick and bored with almost anything if they get more than their fair share of something. Which is obviously the case with some of the people here!?!:huh:

I only got to see one U2 concert on this tour and it was fantastic! I don't envy anyone who had the opportunity (or cash!?!) to see multimuble shows (much!?!) but then to have the nerve to come here and start complaining about it, just gets my goat!! :yell: Talk about spoilt!?! :madspit: You should be grateful!! Shame on you all!!! :shame:

And as for how far everyone had to travel to see U2, my friend and I travelled almost the same distance, from where we live in Finland to see U2 in Copenhagen, as it is for someone to travel from Winnipeg to Toronto! Yes I got the map and me ruller out and messaged!!:eyebrow: But even that's nothing compared to my pen pal who lives in Perth, Australia and who's gonna have to travel across the whole continent to see U2 in Sydney. :slant:

Anyone starting to feel even a little ashamed yet?!?

:rant:

Last edited:
DPrinceNY said:

Well, maybe, just maybe, if you only saw U2 once on a tour you wouldn't get sooooo sick of it???:huh:

popbellydancer said:

we kept going (19 shows) in hopes that the feeling from which we got high on at the last 3 tours would happen again on the Vertigo tour, but it never did.

:lmao:

You mean you couldn't figure out after, oh, say eight or ten shows that you really weren't enjoying yourselves as much as you wanted to? :scratch:

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom