Who's SICK of this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cypress said:

You are EXACTLY right and it's the reason U2 will probably do all of their tours in a similar fashion to this one. People outside the USA complain until they see the fancy and very expensive stage show ($50 Million this time around). Guess why they can build something like that in the first place? You guessed it - guaranteed sell-outs in indoor arenas in the USA, something they couldn't count on with the outdoor venues here in the Popmart and Zoo TV Tours.

So the next time you see the amazing light, sound and stage show U2 puts on at the concert YOU are at, remember that the reason they can do it in the first place is because of "all those dates in the USA".

Well if the USA needs a fancy and very expensive stage to sell out all its indoor dates, then it says more about your average concert goer in the US than in the rest of the world.

ponkine said:
I´m sick of this Elevation Tour II :sad: as well the fact they still keep refusing to play songs of Pop and Zooropa :scream:

well its not like they keep refusing to play the songs, its just that they play them a couple of times and then lose them (ie. Discothèque)
That's one of the major reasons why the Vertigo tour is so repetitive. Playing the same songs, doing the same moves, having practically the same lighting, for almost a full year just gets dull. The fact that there are so many resemblances with the Elevation tour only adds to this tours dullness.
I'm glad U2 is done with leg 3, hopefully the band will decide to drastically alter the tour for the next leg and try something new

DPrinceNY said:

well its not like they keep refusing to play the songs, its just that they play them a couple of times and then lose them (ie. Discothèque)
That's one of the major reasons why the Vertigo tour is so repetitive. Playing the same songs, doing the same moves, having practically the same lighting, for almost a full year just gets dull.

Welcome to U2 touring. You think Vertigo is repetitive, go ahead and try to tell the difference between Elevation shows without Bono's city references during the concert.

I don't think they have the hugeass production because it's the only way to sell out US arenas. They played to stadiums here on the Joshua Tree tour with very little production. It's just the way they choose to do it and it's financed by a lot of the US shows as well as the European & other ones.

dazzlingamy, I'm sure you'd never thank the US for anything, not if you were standing on the beaches of Normandy in 1944.

DPrinceNY...you're right I suppose. But it doesn't seem dull OR repetitive if you only see one show like I did.

:shrug:

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:

dazzlingamy, I'm sure you'd never thank the US for anything, not if you were standing on Normandy beach in 1944.

This isn't F.Y.M. :wink:

VertigoGal said:

DPrinceNY...you're right I suppose. But it doesn't seem dull OR repetitive if you only see one show like I did.

:shrug:

:love:

And for someone that saw multiple shows, guess what, it never really got dull or repetitive for me (ok, hmmm well, maybe a couple times during Pride :lol: )...

Seriously, if you don't like the repetition, go to one show or two, stop over analyzing every single setlist and please do not download everysinglebootleg... :shrug:

Miroslava said:

:love:

And for someone that saw multiple shows, guess what, it never really got dull or repetitive for me (ok, hmmm well, maybe a couple times during Pride :lol: )...

Seriously, if you don't like the repetition, go to one show or two, stop over analyzing every single setlist and please do not download everysinglebootleg... :shrug:

Well for someone who gets to dance on stage with Bono (lucky u :)), I’m sure the tour isn’t boring at all. Unfortunately Bono doesn’t like taking males up on stage, unless there young boys, (i'd rather not get into that right now though lol).

Anyways, all of this is purely subjective. I might just have a very low attention span, thats why I find the tour kinda dull after so many months. I've (only) been to 4 shows and dont download every single bot (because its gets so boring listening to the same thing).
I dont think I overexpose my self to the tour to make it seem all played out, especially when compared to ppl who have been to 10-20 shows, and look at every single Vertigo tour pic, and watch the Vertigo DVD hundreds of times...etc. If others agree with me then its not just me but the tour itself...

Well, just to clarify, I wasn't just talking to you... it was more of a general comment :wink:

And for me the tour was amazing, and I must say, that the shows where I got picked are NOT my favorites (setlist/performance wise, though the overally Cleveland EXPERIENCE was awesome, but again, not so much because of the show).

I have downloaded the boots for the shows I have been in (and even that, not all of them) but have not really listened. I didnt really do setlist parties cause... well... hmmm :nerd: :lol:

And I don't know, I guess I am a :sheep:

:wink:

I only was able to see 4 shows. If I could I would have seen double but I am thankful that I was able to drive to 2 of them(4 hour drive) and flew to Chi -town twice. I wish I could have went to Vegas and MSG....But I am hopeful about Hawaii.

So to answer the thread starter no I am not sick of the tour, do not ever think I will be.

:lock:

Last edited:
DPrinceNY said:
The fact that there are so many resemblances with the Elevation tour

Are there? U2 didn't bring Elevation to Australia, nor has Vertigo toured here as of yet, so I don't know.

But theerrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeee commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmminnnnnnnnnnng :hyper:

Miroslava said:

Miroslava is right, as usual.

Do yourself a favor and find another hobby if you're bored with U2. I heard Ashlee Simpson needs more hardbitten fans like you.

Actually, this thread is pretty funny. With nothing much to chat about for the next two months, let's provoke more artificial conversations by being as cynical and negative as possible about our 'favorite band'.

Here's a sure winner: "U2 are getting too old, they should stop touring!"

Or, how about this one: "Bono needs to shutup about this Africa stuff and concentrate on the music!"

My all time favorite is: "US fans suck, European fans are better!" :wink:

Counting down to Monterrey....

besides shows that i was actually out, the only boots i've downloaded were philly 'cause of springsteen and vegas just because everyone said how great it was

other than that all i have is the chicago dvd rip and the twickenham radio broadcast.

if any soundboards come out, those i'll get... but i really don't see the point of downloading, oh i dunno, omaha when it's the same setlists that i've already heard.

frankly i'd be more interested to hear a boot of kanye's performances at this point... esp. from st. louis with bono comming out to introduce him

I find myself being really obsessive-compulsive about the boots. If it shows up online, I need to add it to my collection.

:reject:

corianderstem said:
I find myself being really obsessive-compulsive about the boots. If it shows up online, I need to add it to my collection.

:reject:

But you're not a setlist weenie... :wink:

Or are you and you're just hiding it well? :madwife:

I saw them several times on other tours but only saw them a few times on this tour :sad: .....but I've never been sick of any U2 tour...ever.

I'm sick of waiting to see them again.............I've counted the days until the album came out, I've counted the days until the tour began, I've counted the days until I could see them live..............I'm counting the days until it all begins again!

I am not sick of this tour...i looooooove it...my only regret is i wish i had seen them alot more then just once :sad:...
I saw them 3 times during Elevation...and never got tired.
I will never get tired of seeing U2 live...thats just unthought of for me :shrug: :)

Shag On A Rock said:

Are there? U2 didn't bring Elevation to Australia, nor has Vertigo toured here as of yet, so I don't know.

But theerrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeee commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmminnnnnnnnnnng :hyper:

Woohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper: :happy: :hyper:

All right, U2Man, I'll tell you the answer, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else. Okay?

come closer ... closer ... too close, back up! There.

{whisper}I'm not a setlist weenie.{/whisper}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom