What will be the rare gems on this tour?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
We all know the format: U2's tours normally consist of several songs from whatever new album they're touring behind, a slew of the "classics" (WOWY, SBS, WTSHNN, etc.), and then, a few surprises that you never really expected, but somehow make it into the rotation on a semi-regular basis. (on the last tour: Please, Stay, The Fly, etc.)

This is where I like to start really letting my imagination run away with me. Wouldn't it be cool to hear the following this next tour:

-Ultraviolet
-Acrobat (though it's never actually made it to a setlist before...)
-Dirty Day
-God Part II
-One Tree Hill

It's possible right? I mean, who would have ever thought the last tour would give us Stay? Anyhoo, those are my requests that I would think excellent if the boys dusted them off and brought them back to life for the upcoming tour.

What would be the "rare gems" you'd like to hear?

i'd really, really like to hear a very hard rock version of Hawkmoon 269 this time around.

I wanna hear 'Gloria', 'Two Hearts', 'The Unforgettable Fire', 'In God's Country', 'God Part II', 'Zoo Station', 'Dirty Day', 'Last Night On Earth', and 'Elevation'. Those are the songs I'd like to hear...again!!

God Part II and Last Night on Earth might pop up, but then again maybe not because they will be playing around 5 new songs which means 5 less from their previous 'usual setlist'. They'll still play maybe 2 from last album and all their usual songs will still be there so not much room for other songs.

Probably Gloria since October is all like, *ignore ignore*

And the setlist very much could depend on the concert arrangements, meaning how the stage is set-up.

I'm hoping for:

-Running to stand still
-Last night on earth
-Stories for boys and/or Electric Co. (replace Out of control?)
-WGRYWH would be nice, full band
-Discotheque
-God Part II
-All Along the Watchtower
-HMTMKMKM
-A Sort of Homecoming

I'm sure there are about 50 others, but these are at the top.

Exit (really want to hear this with new guitareffects)
Electric co (same as above)
Gloria
Hawkmoon 269
God part II
So Cruel

GO ALBUM GO !!!

I think a give away line of Bono's during the last tour was when the guy he pulled on stage started to pay 'A sort of homecoming' and Bono said that it was a 'long time since he felt like that' (something like that anyway). They won't just play songs from the archives if they don't have a connection to the feel of the tour and what they are trying to communicate. I know they played ASOH at Slane but that was Slane!

So, saying that, I've no idea what songs could come around this time before I hear the new album.

Scarlet, Stranger In A Strange Land, Is That All?, The Refugee, Red Light, Promenade, 4th Of July, Elvis Presley And America, The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling ... beginning to spot a pattern?

I hope that since it was so much fun for them and the audience when they brought out OOC and that it is rumored this album is going back to Boy roots that we do get to hear Electric Co.

:hyper:

Theres a bunch, but just because in the 80s I was too young to even really know about the tours, I would go with:

1. Exit
2. Gloria
3. Electric Co.

I've been saying Electric Co. for years....that would kick some ASS!
Go back and listen to under a blood red sky to see what I mean.

im doing that right now, JOFO. I love how Bono starts it and then Edge's guitar kicks in. Incredible track.

Discotheque and EBTTRT, just like on elevation, maybe?

any Edge solo would rock, even if it's just once.

and i'm sure we would all faint if we just heard even a snippet of Acrobat :drool:

my final guess: 40

I?m expecting A LOT of songs previously unheard Live :bow:
but considering the songs actually the band still can play... :ohmy: here?re my ones among very rare ones: ( No order )

1- Love Is Blidness
2- The First Time *
3- One Tree Hill
4- Running To Stand Still ( Lovetown Version )
5- Dancing Barefoot *
6- Everlasting Love *
7- Please ( Elevation or Pop Mart Version )
8- In God?s Contry ( Acoustic, full band )
9- Acrobat *
10-All Along The Watchover ( Probably Jimy Hendrix key )
11-Sunday Bloody Sunday ( Pop Mart Version )
12-Zooropa
13-Springhill Mining Disaster
14-Exit ( including Gloria )
15-Mofo

:wave:

why everyone is throwing out the wishlist of songs that will never be played again, i say:

a day without me
dirty day
promenade

I have also been saying Electric Co for a long time as well. I could have seen Bono running around the heart during the bridge of the song, would have been super cool. I hope someday it will be done again. But typically when U2 reaches back to the archives it is a song that was released as a single. It also has to have some type of connection to what they are doing on the tour (as someone else mentioned above). I'am very surprised Two Hearts wasnt played because of the heart theme, they did rehearse it. Edge thinks the song is difficult live so that is probebly the reason. Those of you voting for Gloria I agree it would be great. But that is doubdtful as Bono doesnt like the song any longer. Of course he has been known to change his mind!! LOL. But I wouldnt count on ever hearing that one again.

Should be interesting, I would like for them to throw in just one song that is something for us diehards. Wishful thinking though, but the rumor about Bono stating they will have two completely different setlists is more encouraging.

Back
Top Bottom