Vertigo DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
I so can't wait for this.
Anyone getting really excited and itchy over this?

Whats songs are everyone looking forward too

For me it' COBL, Electric Co., SYCMIOYO and also very much looking forward to LAPOE now. Also the great directing of Hamish Hamilton..

What date is it coming out again btw..

I'm very excited about the dvd. Problem is, I won't be able to watch it when I get it. I will be attending the Dec.15 Omaha show, so I don't want to ruin the surprise by watching the dvd before I get to see the show in person! :wink:

Will there be a European DVD?

The stage was different and setlists were generally in a different order. The video curtain also only came to life for COBL about a quarter of the way through the set.

There had been sightings of cameras at places like Amsterdam and Milan.

Ta,

Spinner:rockon:

salty72 said:
I'm very excited about the dvd. Problem is, I won't be able to watch it when I get it. I will be attending the Dec.15 Omaha show, so I don't want to ruin the surprise by watching the dvd before I get to see the show in person! :wink:

I know exactly how you feel, I tried to ignore the tour up until me going and seeing it. However.. I found watching the show a second time and 3rd more enjoyable than the first.
I think the first show I was way too excited and yelled and rocked the whole concert without really taking it in. By the second concert I knew about where they will be at certain songs etc.. so it might be a good idea just to watch it once and work out where to be etc.. if your on the floor that is.
But then again it could be too much of a risk ruining the possible suprise of a lifetime..

Spinning_head said:
Will there be a European DVD?

The stage was different and setlists were generally in a different order. The video curtain also only came to life for COBL about a quarter of the way through the set.

There had been sightings of cameras at places like Amsterdam and Milan.

Ta,

Spinner:rockon:

Milan apparantly. Dunno when.

jeffschmid said:
thank god there is no party girl. it would completly ruin this dvd.

yeah, cause lord knows if they put it as an extra or an easter egg, it would ruin the whole feel of the main disc.

i shouldn't take things so personally, i know.

but hey, i'm quite disappointed.

jeffschmid said:
thank god there is no party girl. it would completly ruin this dvd.

Yeah, take out all the amusing stuff and put in Pride (again again again again :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: ). What a great decision! :up:

U2Man said:

Yeah, take out all the amusing stuff and put in Pride (again again again again :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: ). What a great decision! :up:

annnnnnd we get to see Bullet the Blue Sky again. it's not like we already had that on the Slane or Boston DVD, or Popmart or Zootv videos, or Rattle and Hum...so it will be nice to finally see that! party girl is so overplayed.

Chizip said:

annnnnnd we get to see Bullet the Blue Sky again. it's not like we already had that on the Slane or Boston DVD, or Popmart or Zootv videos, or Rattle and Hum...so it will be nice to finally see that! party girl is so overplayed.
didnt know the band were forcing you to buy the dvd?

KUEFC09U2 said:
didnt know the band were forcing you to buy the dvd?

you'd rather see bullet again than party girl? man, eep...what were we thinking with that damn sign...people hate hearing rare bsides. our bad.

Stories for Boys said:

you'd rather see bullet again than party girl? man, eep...what were we thinking with that damn sign...people hate hearing rare bsides. our bad.

:lol:

I know I was shocked when they played Pride - who saw that one coming :wink: ? I'm guessing that 80% of the people buying this DVD are the die-hard fans who actually want see the rare stuff

more fan interaction/rare B-sdes = better tour DVD

and Party Girl :drool:

hoping for the friggin' easter egg

U2Man said:

Yeah, they're going to take out 2 of the most integral songs in the set to put it Party Girl, that makes whle bunch of sense!

jeffschmid said:
party girl might be the worst thing i have ever heard

the...worst thing you've ever heard.

Well you obviously haven't heard...uh... about 80% of the music out there. Especially "The Reason" by Hoobastank. Who the fuck decides to name their band Hoobastank, anyway?

I'm really looking forward to the DVD, I hope Party Girl gets put on there as an Easter Egg, cuz that's way cool. But I can't wait to have that killer first encore on DVD :rockon: and The Electric Co. because I didn't see it at my show :sad:

I'm also looking forward to my friend getting around to burning me the DVD of the 7th, cuz I was there :wink:

I can't wait for

The Cry/The Electric Co. (The Cry!!!)
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Vertigo/Stories For Boys
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
"40"

In that order.

And for the Party Girl matter - that song is brilliant.
I don't care what you say - I love that song. Their best ever b-side.

Rock on Gothenburg!

Back
Top Bottom