Tickets On Sale in December, 2004 In US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggie Thee Dog

Blue Crack Addict
I heard today from a very reliable source (a person within a major ticketing agency) that tickets for U2's 2005 tour will be going on sale this December. :yes:

Take this however you want it, but my source (who I will keep private) is deep within this organization and first to know when major concert schedules are set. He is someone close to me and I trust what he says.

That's all from here.

good to know
It looks like homemade gifts for the family and friends this year (starts knitting the scarfs)

youtwohearts said:
Can he put some great seats aside for someone you don't know at all but really wants good seats at the concert?

Figured it couldn't hurt to try.

You wouldn't believe how many times people have asked me that question, whenever I let the cat outta the bag!!

Sorry, but I'm holding him close....for now.

Anyhow, I wish I'd gotten more info out of him, but I'll take that for what it's worth. I was surprised when he told me tickets are going on sale this year. I figured late January myself.

Oh man, I can hardly wait for next year!!

Well not according to the bands management team that I spoke to last week.

Sorry to burst the bubble but NO tour announcements until January as NONE of the venues ANYWHERE have been confirmed.

Bono's Tart said:
Well not according to the bands management team that I spoke to last week.

Sorry to burst the bubble but NO tour announcements until January as NONE of the venues ANYWHERE have been confirmed.

OK, I will take your word for that....however the info I received, well it could have been 1) regarding tour info annoucement 2) a misquoted date 3) a place holder date for possible information or 4) completely accurate.

I guess we won't know until they release the info themselves. But I stand by what I posted, until I'm told otherwise.

Thats fine but I was one of the fans that kick started this announcement about not buying any tickets until its confirmed on u2.com!!
I gave them all the details about the agencies so I am sure that the bands management team would know what they are talking about.

Also seeing that all the so called concert dates for sale have been disclaimed I assume its accurate.

Yes I understand what you are saying, and I am not telling anyone to purchase tickets until they officially go on sale, I'm just passing on credible information (in my mind) to everyone. This may not come to be, but it's what I know for now. I will update if my contact gives me new info (which I'm sure he will).

*sigh*...this is the part I love..before anything is confirmed...the Rumors Stage...

but I will have no fingernails left. My hands will look like Gollum's..and I'll be talking like him too at night, out of sheer nerves, by Thanksgiving:wink:

Hi there again! I saw my contact again today (at the funeral for my grandfather) and again they confirmed that U2 tickets are going on sale in December. This time they said that tickets would be on sale the first two weeks in December, and that the US tour would be a mixture of arenas and stadiums.

I would not post this unless it was from a very credible source and I believed it to be true.

This makes sense. U2 and the Stones are in competition as the biggest touring act in the world. The Stones on the Licks tour played Bostons Orpheum (small theater), Fleet center (arena), and Gillette (stadium). The publicity was tremendous. They also did the same setup in New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and LA.

Hm...so does this mean an arena (Albany), a series of shows in one arena (Boston) and a stadium (Giants Stadium in NYC)?

Then again, they could do an outdoor show at the Saratoga Harness Track, like they did in 1992.

They have guts, trying to fill stadiums this time around....trying to keep the stadium show alive, or just bragging rights? We might be in for a more elaborate stage this time around, then...

A charity ticket auction? Was that what that thread was about?

Cripes. I guess we can kiss relatively cheap tix goodbye. By that I mean tix that were the same price as last time.

Could we be hitting $200 this time around folks?

I hate Clear Channel and Ticketbastard worse than ever...

Just PLEASE give us an HONEST answer as to why you did away with Propaganda guys! That's all I ask. I've already accepted the fact that the band has finally joined the club and screwed us over and left us dedicated fans high and dry to the winds. Like everybody else. I've accepted the fact that they no longer care about the fans, setting tickets aside for them through a different system, precisely so that they won't have to deal with the shoals of Ticketmaster or any of its affiliates, directly or indirectly.

I can live with it, but I want to know WHY.

Last edited:
martha said:

And sorry about the grandpa, Reggie. :hug:

Thank you Martha, he was very special to me.

And Bono's Tart, I promise you that I would not pass along this info unless I knew for sure that this person had seen the itinerary and knew of plans. This person and I are very close and he's involved very deeply within this organization that is on top of most major concert tours around the world.

It looks likes it's going to be a good Christmas friends!!

Sorry about the griping guys....I don't mean to sound like an idiot...but per the advice of someone on a mailing list I've been on, I've been surfing Ticketbastard's website, and I'm having nightmares. I've never ordered tix online before. I didn't have the money to follow the tour until last time around and then I ordered thru Prop for the first time...so this makes it heartbreaking...I don't even know anybody else around here who is a fan who can man a computer or a phone to try to score Boston or NYC tix for me..and due to money issues, it'll prob be just me going.

I'm not very rich. I'm a grad student, have my own apt, and my concert fund is limited. I work 2 jobs also, and putting money in that fund has been a slow and laborious process. I have been also working overtime the past month to get as much in as possible. Basicaly I'm sacrificing a lot (as we all have I am sure) and I ahave had no social life. Literally. But I remember the incredible time I had in Boston last tour, and finally meeting the band, and I'd give anything to do it again.

But I have to know exactly what is what. I am trying to figure out the Brave New World of the Ticketmaster shoals. I don't have alot to throw around to broker, or to wait until the weekof the show and suddenly buy, and I don't know how to stand in front of the arena and magically score seats like I saw people doing at the Fleet Center. Even with a presale, the tix I want are going to be some of the most sought after of the tour,.

I'm not picky. I know how hard it always is to get U2 tix, so I don't care as long as it;s in the building. I'm grateful for what I get. And as someone who has seen other acts from the rafters, I still say this.

Oh...sorry I didn't read the whole post Reggie..sorry about yr grandpa too. Mine passed away 3 yrs ago. He was 92 but that didn't make it any easier. I guess "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" will apply to you also...

Question: as to the NE area, will it be more arenas than stadiums, etc? I live in Albany, NY and they usualy sqeeze us in between Hartford and Boston...

Last edited:
Reggie Thee Dog said:

Thank you Martha, he was very special to me.

And Bono's Tart, I promise you that I would not pass along this info unless I knew for sure that this person had seen the itinerary and knew of plans. This person and I are very close and he's involved very deeply within this organization that is on top of most major concert tours around the world.

It looks likes it's going to be a good Christmas friends!!

Yes I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa.

I'm sure that you are only passing on info that you have been told I'm not doubting that.

Likewise I can only go on what I was told by the U2 press office in London, I am a mod on another U2 site and we also get certain information that we dont post about as we are asked not to.

I personally would be delighted if it was December, but I think irts more likley that the dates may be confirmed but not on sale until the New Year.

Teta040 said:
I'm not picky. I know how hard it always is to get U2 tix, so I don't care as long as it;s in the building. I'm grateful for what I get. And as someone who has seen other acts from the rafters, I still say this.

If you think if is going to be hard to get tickets just spare a thought for the fans in Europe and the rest of the world. We'll be lucky to get more than a handful of shows in each country.

Bono's Tart said:

Yes I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa.

I'm sure that you are only passing on info that you have been told I'm not doubting that.

Likewise I can only go on what I was told by the U2 press office in London, I am a mod on another U2 site and we also get certain information that we dont post about as we are asked not to.

I personally would be delighted if it was December, but I think irts more likley that the dates may be confirmed but not on sale until the New Year.

Thank you for the condolence and I understand you have your source (which sound like a good one!) and you have your info. So I will respect what you say and I appreciate the respect you have shown me. One of us may be right or we might sort of both be right, only time will tell.

I will update this topic as soon as I hear anything more concrete. If my source is wrong I will post it here as I'm sure you will do so likewise in this or a separate thread.

I'm really hoping the December date is true, and you know U2's organization is very secretive about their info...so I'm hoping that your source is pulling the wool over your eyes. Not to embarrass you but so tickets really do go on sale in December.

Ciao!

Back
Top Bottom