serious urine question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carrotflowers

The Fly
I am camping over night and hopefully getting right to the stage front.

I am really worried that I'm going to have to pee before U2 come out and I'll totally blow my spot. I know I'll be thinking in my head 'don't pee, don't pee' and eventually I'll have to do what I call a 'phantom pee'. A pee that feels like it must come out but when you go to the toot nothing comes out. It's all in my head!!

Anyway, does anyone have any advice or tips on how to avoid the urge to pee?? Is there anti-urine pills you can take? Or should I bring a bottle or something??

As someone with a nervous bladder, and also as the President of the Itty Bitty Bladder Committee, here is my recommendation:

Avoid caffeine, as it's a diuretic. (I didn't spell that right, but you can substitute "it makes you pee" for my misspelled word.)

Avoid beer, as it has the same effect (at least on me).

Don't avoid drinking altogether; you don't want to get dehydrated. Drink something, just not too much of it.

If you're in GA, run to the restroom as many times as you can before GA gets so packed you can't get back to your spot.

Good luck! Be strong! Control that bladder!

like corianderstem said, go before it's to packed, get to know the people around you, so they can vouch for you in case someone thinks you are cutting in because if you get out, on the way in, you'll get the dirtiest looks you can think of.

And I don't know how it works in Australia, but organize people to sit down!!! no need to wait standin up, In Mexico people would sit down while no one was on stage, in Houston like 20-30 of us tried to sit down but people wouldn't follow so we had to stand up for little over 6 hours and it's exhausting

Last edited:
falls in the category of things id never thought i will share with anyone but i never peed at a U2 concert :wink:

fortunately dont have dehyrdation issues and can go without drinking much through the day...really helps if youre 1st row in GA though, haha.

good luck with the bladder! ;)

Oh you poor thing. That would be one of my worries about GA! I prefer to be able to go to the loo right before the concert starts so I can be comfortable while I enjoy the show!

Maybe you should pop a depend in your pants in case you have an accident! :wink: Sorry.... I'm not helping, am I? :|

carrotflowers said:

I am really worried that I'm going to have to pee before U2 come out and I'll totally blow my spot. I know I'll be thinking in my head 'don't pee, don't pee' and eventually I'll have to do what I call a 'phantom pee'. A pee that feels like it must come out but when you go to the toot nothing comes out. It's all in my head!!

Anyway, does anyone have any advice or tips on how to avoid the urge to pee?? Is there anti-urine pills you can take? Or should I bring a bottle or something??

Which shows are you camping out for? I didn't think any of the venues were allowing this as all info says no queuing before 9am.

As for going away from your spot, I wouldn't worry about it as I'm sure there will be someone who will keep your spot for you. Just make sure you go and are back in plenty of time before the show starts. Don't worry about it too much!

Last edited:
mirrorballman said:
falls in the category of things id never thought i will share with anyone but i never peed at a U2 concert :wink:

Me either :lol: My bladder is like a sloth, it'll get to it when it gets to it. I've been on 4 plane rides 9 hours or longer and have never peed on a plane either. I've also abstained from drinking soda, coffee, and beer in any form during these time periods. I just pee once more before they start letting people in, and I've never had to leave the floor.

Believe me, once they come on stage, the last thing you'll be thinking about is your bladder. You may seriously want to pee your pants though - but it'll be from excitement, not anything else!

At my first show, I was right near the front and drank 3 pints of beer through bordedom. Needless to say, I needed the toilet pretty fast. I went twice and managed to get back to my spot. It was a struggle, but I got my 3 friends to wave in the air! Some dirty looks, but hey...

However, part way through the concert I needed to go and I clearly couldn't leave so I was forced to relieve myself as was............................ The sacrifices I make for U2!

Depending if you have a penis or a vagina, a small cork or about 5 inches of string should work wonders.

I wouldn't drink any beer or fizzy drinks, and drink as little as possibel without dehydratign yourself - that will reduce your need to go. It can be done, I am legendary for a weak bladder but stood for about 7 hours in the front few rows at Twickenham & Glasgow without needing to leave. I fyou do need to go then head out towards the end of the 1st support act, once they finish there will normally be a stampede to the loos!

Depending if you have a penis or a vagina, a small cork or about 5 inches of string should work wonders.

Could you elaborate on that? What do you suggest people do with the cork and string! :ohmy:

OceanGirl said:

Could you elaborate on that? What do you suggest people do with the cork and string! :ohmy:

Im sure you have one of these and seen the other...I think you know exactly what Im talking about!

My advice would be to have a very good pee before you get your place in GA (and remember don't drink just before you make the pee, or else the last bit you drank won't come out till a bit later). From then on, just don't drink much. I know it seems an awful thing to say but you aren't an Olympic athlete, and mild dehydration really isn't that bad :wink: . Honestly, unless it's like 100 degrees then you don't need worry about water intake for a few hrs, your body can certainly last that long and you can drink till you overflow once the show is over.

A potentially very mild dehydration would definately be worse than losing your great spot in GA, I think. So go for it if you want, and good luck!

carrotflowers said:

Oh, you poor poor girl. I feel so sorry for you :( It's always a hard life when nature calls and you have to go to the toilet. Especially in a big queue full of big and dangerous strangers.

My problem is that I get really nervous and fail to be able to pee. I am scared about doing a poo and it hitting the water and everyone turning around to look at me. It's a big, big problem and one I'm worried about overcoming.

I hope there is some "urine or poo poo pills" out there that will make me go to the toilet when the time's right. Maybe tampax could be your answer?

Hopefully we both can get the answers we seek.

*hugs*

Last edited:
Re: Re: serious urine question

RobboAus said:

Oh, you poor poor girl. I feel so sorry for you :( It's always a hard life when nature calls and you have to go to the toilet. Especially in a big queue full of big and dangerous strangers.

My problem is that I get really nervous and fail to be able to pee. I am scared about doing a poo and it hitting the water and everyone turning around to look at me. It's a big, big problem and one I'm worried about overcoming.

I hope there is some "urine or poo poo pills" out there that will make me go to the toilet when the time's right. Maybe tampax could be your answer?

Hopefully we both can get the answers we seek.

*hugs*

ummmm, yeah. So... I'm a guy:huh:

That's great to see that I come across as a female though. Oh what a great time :|

Back
Top Bottom