random ticket beep egg selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only people with more than 58% of their bodies tattooed should be eligible to enter the ellipse. That would make it less confusing.

I bet that at 4:00, the SD Sports Arena still figures out a way to open up the doors on the other side of the building, and proceed to let all who enter that door into the Ellipse.

It happened before, I don't put it past them again.

SoCalMusicLover said:
I bet that at 4:00, the SD Sports Arena still figures out a way to open up the doors on the other side of the building, and proceed to let all who enter that door into the Ellipse.

It happened before, I don't put it past them again.

SoCalOasis?

Ah, I figured it out...

If you're a U2.com member you go to a line, but NOT the line for former Prop members. People that bought GA from scalpers are in a fourth line that is vertically across from the other two lines. Then there's the normal GA line.

If your ticket beeps and you are a U2.com member, then you get to go into the egg, but you must first show the U2.com key chain along with your credit card statement showing you were a member. Same if you're in the Prop line, except Prop members must also show their copy of 'Melon: Remixes for Propaganda"...

Now, if yours doesn't beep, you can still enter the random drawing pull. If your number is chosen at random, you can bring one friend into the heart with you (or two enemies). If your number isn't chosen, you can play the wristband game. Basically, all the wristbands are put in a barrel, if your wristband is chosen, you get to go into the egg, but only if it's on the second beep.

Pretty simple, really.

I remember when people had brains and GA was first come first serve, and the venue let you in one at a time from one entrance. There is beauty in simplicity...

BigMacPhisto said:
Ah, I figured it out...

If you're a U2.com member you go to a line, but NOT the line for former Prop members. People that bought GA from scalpers are in a fourth line that is vertically across from the other two lines. Then there's the normal GA line.

If your ticket beeps and you are a U2.com member, then you get to go into the egg, but you must first show the U2.com key chain along with your credit card statement showing you were a member. Same if you're in the Prop line, except Prop members must also show their copy of 'Melon: Remixes for Propaganda"...

Now, if yours doesn't beep, you can still enter the random drawing pull. If your number is chosen at random, you can bring one friend into the heart with you (or two enemies). If your number isn't chosen, you can play the wristband game. Basically, all the wristbands are put in a barrel, if your wristband is chosen, you get to go into the egg, but only if it's on the second beep.

Pretty simple, really.
:lol: :lol:

tkramer said:
I remember when people had brains and GA was first come first serve, and the venue let you in one at a time from one entrance. There is beauty in simplicity...

That was great but now we have technology which makes our lives simpler and more convenient.:rolleyes:

BigMacPhisto said:
If your number is chosen at random, you can bring one friend into the heart with you (or two enemies).

OMFG, this entire thread is the funniest thing I have ever read, but especially the quote above. :laugh: :laugh:
My kids think I'm nuts as I'm sitting here laughing and crying, lol! Can't wait to hear the reports tomorrow about how it all goes down....

PhoenixGNX said:

Train A leaves the station traveling at 30 mph. Two hours later train B leave the same station travelling in the same direction at 40 mph. How long does it take Train B to catch up to Train A? (show all work) :wink:

Fine, I'll do it myself!!!

work shown, where t = number of hours the trains were traveling:
30 miles/hour * t hours = 30t miles
40 miles/hour * (t-2) hours = 40 (t-2) miles
30t = 40 (t-2)
30t = (-2 + t)
30t = (-2 * 40 + t * 40)
30t = (-80 + 40t)
30t = -80 + 40t
30t + -40t = -80 + 40t + -40t
30t + -40t = -10t
-10t = -80 + 40t + -40t
40t + -40t = 0
-10t = -80t + 0
-10t = -80
t = 8
8 - 2 = 6

This theory unlocks all the secrets of the selection process of the GA line for Vertigo Tour 2005. Good luck
:wink:

lol

someone who can actually do those questions!

So this means, on Wed. the added show with no U2.com presale GA's, that everybody with a GA tkt when they go to the door will have a chance for the "beep?" And if they don't beep they will still want to be sitting in the line all day long, because they need to do that to get the best position outside the hole?

Why would not all U2.com GA's get into the hole? If they only sold 300 each show presale?

PhoenixGNX said:

30t = 40 (t-2)
30t = (-2 + t)
30t = (-2 * 40 + t * 40)
30t = (-80 + 40t)
30t = -80 + 40t
30t + -40t = -10t
-10t = -80 + 40t + -40t
40t + -40t = 0
-10t = -80t + 0
-10t = -80
t = 8
8 - 2 = 6

This theory unlocks all the secrets of the selection process of the GA line for Vertigo Tour 2005. Good luck

I just hope I'm off Train A before Train B crashes into my train.

Would you stop! I am LMAOROTF and about to pee.

But, I plan to program my cell phone, which will only be used sparingly as the modern day lighter, during cool songs, to beep the exact beep needed to beat everyone to the Egglipsis.

Then, once in, I'll go stand with my friends near Adam's side of the stage, you know, where all the girls with the big hooters will be and enjoy the show.

In the end, as long as Train A, and Train B, both end up at Zoo Station during the encore, and I'm in the Egglipsis, I don't f*ing care!

What a riot!

bonoed said:
lol

someone who can actually do those questions!

So this means, on Wed. the added show with no U2.com presale GA's, that everybody with a GA tkt when they go to the door will have a chance for the "beep?" And if they don't beep they will still want to be sitting in the line all day long, because they need to do that to get the best position outside the hole?

Why would not all U2.com GA's get into the hole? If they only sold 300 each show presale?

Maybe it will be an empty hole for non-presale shows

Funny thing is....I don't want in the ellipse. It sounds/looks better a ways back from it. So I will get in line late, well lit, showered, and in a good humour!

why can't it be first come first serve, I paid 300.00 for my GA with the plan of arriving early, and being in the elipse....

:huh:

tkramer said:
Suddenly my idea of a stage in the center with four GA zones ain't looking so bad...

Then no one would be worried...

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?threadid=114537

Actually, I don't know why U2 didn't go for just a center stage approach. That would eliminate a lot of this arguing and give all of the GA ticket holders a better view (as well as a lot of the lower level ticket holders).

That's what Prince did on his tour last year and his show was all the better and his fans were all the happier for it.

PhoenixGNX said:

30t = 40 (t-2)
30t = (-2 + t)
30t = (-2 * 40 + t * 40)
30t = (-80 + 40t)
30t = -80 + 40t
30t + -40t = -10t
-10t = -80 + 40t + -40t
40t + -40t = 0
-10t = -80t + 0
-10t = -80
t = 8
8 - 2 = 6

There are drugs that make maths appealling now? Wow, you must be on a lot of it to actually bother to do that!

Last edited:
The OOTS said:

1800-2000 GA tickets and only 200 beeps. That's more like a 1 in ten shot.

yeah, but aren't u2.com members the only ones getting a chance at the eclipse or whatever? if that's the case, your odds are better.

wow...I don't have GA tickets...but this thread is hilarious...I really hope someone is taping the beep checkpoint. I am so glad I am not drunk reading this thread, I am laughing so hard now I think I would have gotten the spins if I was drunk. Do you think people actually put this much thought into work or school today...I doubt it!!

I was just at the supermarket and while the cashier had her back turned I swiped my ticket over the red laser light...it BEEPED!!! I'm so psyched!! I just hope its not useless now lol :drool: :wink:

PhoenixGNX said:
I was just at the supermarket and while the cashier had her back turned I swiped my ticket over the red laser light...it BEEPED!!! I'm so psyched!! I just hope its not useless now lol :drool: :wink:

:lol:

Things to pack:

1.Ticket
2.I.D.
3.U2.com card
4.Old school beeper
5.Melon Mixes CD from Propaganda
...and a dozen eggs (in case you dont get in, give people a reason why its been called an egg and not a bomb shelter) :wink:

Back
Top Bottom