official: "what suprises are in store for Boston 3?" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innominata8

War Child
ok everyone....it's a big night for the tour, the end of the 1st leg. any predictions?

my prediction is BAD, UTEOTW and VERTIGO x 2.

those are definitely options for the later part of the show.
open with love and peace, gloria, an cat dub>heart, original of the species.

the only options after that are basically the ones you mentioned... and dont forget WOWY. some of these will be saved for show #3... of course. they wont blow their load on tomorrow night, without saving some for sat. (sorry for the language ladies).

Did anybody else catch the Shout out to Peter Wolf>Last Nite In the Eclipse I would guess ...

I would be OK if he Jumps up to Harmonize as far as a surprise..
I do have a feeling we won't hear "more than a feeling'

Hey anyone know what time they will open the doors for us Seated People?

I wouldn’t expect any major changes for the last show. The Vertigo tour is similar to their last tour and closing night on Elevation wasn’t anything special. WOWY or UTEOTW being played wouldn’t surprise me though.

I predict UTTEOW. Dallas was tuning and doing sound checks with the Les Paul gold top last night. The gold Top has been used in the last 2 tours exclusively for UTTEOW. I think it may have been on the set-list for last night, but scrapped. I think we should see Saturday, if not on Thursday.

Rumors mill says Wild Horses...

so...

Wild Horses
Crumbs From Ya Table
Stuck Accoustic....

Probabley a long shot on the last two, but if the Wild Horses rumor is true, i'll be happy to see atleast one of those three.

'Party Girl,' a song not needing much in the way of a set-up (in the way OOTS needs a piano), would be easy to trot out in an impromptu sort of way. It would be fitting.

Chris in NH

NHChris said:
'Party Girl,' a song not needing much in the way of a set-up (in the way OOTS needs a piano), would be easy to trot out in an impromptu sort of way. It would be fitting.

Chris in NH

True, but it surfaced in Chicago. I want something totally unexpected for Boston. :wink:

Chris, where are you in NH? I'm over in Exeter.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Walk On
I Will Follow
Stuck in a Moment(acoustic)
Party Girl
and
CRUMBS!!!

The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Original Of The Species

All Because Of You
Crumbs From Your Table
Bad/"40"

Best encore ever... :drool:

sweetie said:
Wild horses and Crumbs are possibilities since they played those during sound check on Thursday. :scream: I need 2 tix!!! Any ideas??????

I need a plane ticket, so while your at it, can you get me one too? :wink:

phanan said:

True, but it surfaced in Chicago. I want something totally unexpected for Boston. :wink:

Chris, where are you in NH? I'm over in Exeter.

I'm over in Brookline, just west of Nashua. I'll be there tonight! If I understand things, the band will be boarding a jet right after the show and heading back to UK/Ireland?

Idle thought: How much ya wanna bet that the Four Seasons Hotel stops just shy of murder and mayhem to win U2 back in the fall? Talk about a PR 'black-eye' for them! And for the Ritz, if U2 DOES go back to the Four Seasons. The implication will be that the Ritz fell short of expectations for the band this time 'round!

NHChris said:

I'm over in Brookline, just west of Nashua. I'll be there tonight! If I understand things, the band will be boarding a jet right after the show and heading back to UK/Ireland?

Idle thought: How much ya wanna bet that the Four Seasons Hotel stops just shy of murder and mayhem to win U2 back in the fall? Talk about a PR 'black-eye' for them! And for the Ritz, if U2 DOES go back to the Four Seasons. The implication will be that the Ritz fell short of expectations for the band this time 'round!

what do u mean the hotel fell short of expectations for the band? if they are so concerned about third world debt and aids and hunger in africa, why would they be worried about getting royal treatment from hotels...?? if they are, thats pretty hypocritical of them...can someone fill me in on this story about the hotel..? i havent heard anything.

The one song I am really hoping for tonight is "A Sort of Homecoming"

I know it is doubtful, but it would be a great choice to play, especially in the second encore in the Yahweh/OOTS spot.

NYRangers78 said:

what do u mean the hotel fell short of expectations for the band? if they are so concerned about third world debt and aids and hunger in africa, why would they be worried about getting royal treatment from hotels...?? if they are, thats pretty hypocritical of them...can someone fill me in on this story about the hotel..? i havent heard anything.

Boston is a small city, relatively speaking. The two 'premiere' hotels are The Four Seasons and The Ritz. We're not awash in luxury hotels the same way that New York is. For as long as U2 has been 'big,' The Four Seasons Hotel has won the business when the band comes to Boston. This year, The Four Seasons again had the inside track. But according to observers, the Ritz managed to steal the U2 business away mere weeks before the band arrived in Boston. So, you have quite a 'tete-a-tete' between these two hotels shaping up. I don't have any clue what caused this to happen. Did The Ritz undercut The Four Seasons? Who knows? If you're the Ritz, what ammunition would you use to swipe that business away? Maybe the Ritz agreed to make a huge donation to The One Campaign?

If you're Mr. Four Seasons you're rounding up the troops and saying, 'This better not happen when they come back in October and December!' For his part, Mr. Ritz is hoping that it does!

Just an interesting sidelight.

Chris in NH

Last edited:
Hey Chris in NH you win the Prize
I know no one congratulated you ..

GREAT CALL ON <<>>Party Girl last Sat nite!!
see you in the Fall!

Back
Top Bottom