New York V Setlist Watch and Party - the REAL one!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to go. :( I'll try not to drink too much wine. Must be coherent for the encore. :drool:

Bye! :wave:

Ok, I just walked in the door, you people are on page 16, so I have to catch up! Gimme a few. Sami will be texting me, and I have other news about another fan at the show, hehehe. You'll have to wait til I catch up

:wave:

LemonMacPhisto said:
For all you Star Trek: Next Generation fans, did you ever suspect of Q having the hots for Picard

yeah, me and my friend were talking about it the other day, and they take a trip to a glorious rainbow

a la Anchorman

I don't think so. Never saw the rainbow thing, though.

Q saw picard as a play thing - a child/toy solidier to act as his amusement. More like a lab rat than anything else, IMO.

Now Janeway, however, is a different story. ("The Qu and the Grey"), in which, I mgith add, Q gets married and has a kid.

On a related note, I think my all-time favorite Star Trek book is "Q-Squared" by Peter David... two Q's and a great winnie the pooh scene. :)

Lancemc said:
Jimmie: I can't believe this is the same car.
The Wolf: Well, let's not start sucking each other's d***s just yet.

About Pulp, honestly, who keeps a crazy bondage nut in their basement to sodomize people?

and has a cool name like The Gimp?

there needs to be a sweep across the world to find one

Utoo said:

I used to love waiting for the tall guy to walk into a door and then peck him with the shotgun pellet from across the room.

There's no violence in video games at all...:wink:

:drool:

That was even more violent than the demo of Street Fighter I had.

I'm still trying to find it. :(

LemonMacPhisto said:
For all you Star Trek: Next Generation fans, did you ever suspect of Q having the hots for Picard

yeah, me and my friend were talking about it the other day, and they take a trip to a glorious rainbow

a la Anchorman

I saw Q (well, the actor who played him) at a Star Trek convention once. Kind of a jerk actually :shifty:.

But Sulu was very nice :heart: :yes:.

Yes I went to a couple of Star Trek conventions . . . in Tallahassee . . . it was during college . . . I'm not proud . . . there's not much to do in Tallahassee except football games :reject:.

Lila64 said:
Ok, I just walked in the door, you people are on page 16, so I have to catch up! Gimme a few. Sami will be texting me, and I have other news about another fan at the show, hehehe. You'll have to wait til I catch up

:wave:

:bow:

Harbinger said:

I don't think so. Never saw the rainbow thing, though.

Q saw picard as a play thing - a child/toy solidier to act as his amusement. More like a lab rat than anything else, IMO.

Now Janeway, however, is a different story. ("The Qu and the Grey"), in which, I mgith add, Q gets married and has a kid.

On a related note, I think my all-time favorite Star Trek book is "Q-Squared" by Peter David... two Q's and a great winnie the pooh scene. :)

I've actually read that book, it's pretty damn good :up:

The Anchorman scene is where Will Ferrell and Christina Appelgate are going to "Pleasuretown"

and it's totally animated except for them, and they're riding unicorns

Ferrell: Look! What a glorious rainbow!
Appelgate: Do me on it!

high quality humor :wink:

So I'm watching U2 at The Ritz from 1981 and it's got me thinking two things:

First, Adam's bass is kick-ass in this show.

Second, and more importantly, what ever happened to Bubble Butt Bono? Bouncing all around the stage like he's in an Olivia Newton-John video? Oh, the 80s!

kellyahern said:

I saw Q (well, the actor who played him) at a Star Trek convention once. Kind of a jerk actually :shifty:.

But Sulu was very nice :heart: :yes:.

Yes I went to a couple of Star Trek conventions . . . in Tallahassee . . . it was during college . . . I'm not proud . . . there's not much to do in Tallahassee except football games :reject:.

I got Scottie's autograph a few years back, on one of my own collector's items

he was a really nice guy

now one dude I'd love to meet: Mr William "TJ Kirk" Shatner, he seems to be one of the most egocentric people ever, lol

kellyahern said:
I honestly don't care what they play tonight :reject:. Senior Games is over! :hyper:. That was the big work event that I had to get through before Vegas :dance:.

Now I just have to get through the normal work b.s. :wink:.

i have no idea what you're talking about, but congrats, kelly! :wink:

kellyahern said:
I honestly don't care what they play tonight :reject:. Senior Games is over! :hyper:. That was the big work event that I had to get through before Vegas :dance:.

Now I just have to get through the normal work b.s. :wink:.

Does that mean you're staying up for the whole show to celebrate!!!!:happy:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I got Scottie's autograph a few years back, on one of my own collector's items

he was a really nice guy

now one dude I'd love to meet: Mr William "TJ Kirk" Shatner, he seems to be one of the most egocentric people ever, lol

My sister and a friend saw Shatner in Tallahassee. They didn't meet him though because you had to pay extra for his autograph :madspit: .

I wasn't there because I was at the "conference from hell" in South Carolina.

Hey everybody!

Today sucked. My car battery died, and I had to spend an hour waiting for a tow truck and another hour at the car dealership stressing out about what would happen if it was something more major and I couldn't drive to Philly on Sunday. :crazy:

Thankfully it was just the battery, and I can still go! But that was still way more stress than I needed after an already crappy week.

one4u2 said:
ok I just had a thought since I'm panicking I didn't jump on a train and try to get into the show-and you're all making me crazy

Don't you all think the final msg night in November (when I have tickets :wink: ) will be the one not to miss :|

:wave: hi one 4 {and everyone else! :D}

:madspit: couldn't get a GA {regular price} for tonight
but....
I've got tix for 11/22{05}
:love: :hyper:

U2 Fan since '80/'81
Patti Smith Group Fan since '74/'75

PSG + U2 @ MSG = :hyper: :drool: :heart:

timothius said:

Were you the one that mentioned the Ritz earlier in the thread?

Coz that has got me listening to Crowded House Live At The Ritz. :reject:

Yup, that was me. :D
A friend dropped off his dozen VHS tapes of various U2 concerts, biography shows, and interviews. They're not the best quality, but they're fun enough. They've got me wanting more----and with my screwy firewall making U2torrents slow, plus my lack of a DVD burner, I may have to go on an eBay shopping spree...! :hyper:

ramblin rose said:

Does that mean you're staying up for the whole show to celebrate!!!!:happy:

Maybe, can't promise anything though :lol:.

Senior Games is a two week event that we do with two other local recreation departments. It's basically a Senior Olympics. I think there were 535 seniors registered this year. At least no events were at my rec center this year, because we thought we'd be under renovation when we started planning this year's games (but we're not under renovation, so all the location changes were for nothing, but it worked good for me :wink: ). Which was good, because I felt like death earlier this week.

and thus concludes "more than you ever wanted to know about kelly's job." :reject:

My friend and I were psyched when we heard that James Doohan was going to show up at some small fan event in Toledo. (this was a while ago)

We were all ready to go until we found out there was a $15 charge just to get in the door. So much for that idea.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Hey everybody!

Today sucked. My car battery died, and I had to spend an hour waiting for a tow truck and another hour at the car dealership stressing out about what would happen if it was something more major and I couldn't drive to Philly on Sunday. :crazy:

Thankfully it was just the battery, and I can still go! But that was still way more stress than I needed after an already crappy week.

That sucks. :sad: Hopefully you'll get on a high enough high from Philly to make up for it! :yes:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Hey everybody!

:yikes: That would stress me out too. I'm glad it was just the battery :hug:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom